• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Best way to activate sigils in your opinion?

Accipeveldare

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
There are lots of ways to activate sigils such as charging them under the moon light, burning them or destroying them in general, perception activation, etc. But what is the most effective way? I personally charge mine under the moonlight or burn them but is that really the most effective way?

Rowena

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
The most 'effective' method - is the method that works best for you.
Try a bunch of different methods - not just for one sigil, give them a good work-out and really try them out, that way you'll find which method works best for you, and know a bunch of other methods that you can use when your go-to isn't possible due to time pressures, or some other reason.

Aeternus

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
As @Rowena said, the best method is the method that works best for you.

But, as a little tip never hurt anyone, I will share this: In my case, gazing upon them (perception activation) really makes a strong connection to either the Entity I wish to contact, or to materialize and provide the intention I wrote.

According to experience, you can also charge a sigil (both intention sigil and entity sigil) with the working element according to the case. Elemental charging will provide even more strong and adequate connections

Accipeveldare

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
As @Rowena said, the best method is the method that works best for you.

But, as a little tip never hurt anyone, I will share this: In my case, gazing upon them (perception activation) really makes a strong connection to either the Entity I wish to contact, or to materialize and provide the intention I wrote.

According to experience, you can also charge a sigil (both intention sigil and entity sigil) with the working element according to the case. Elemental charging will provide even more strong and adequate connections
Thanks, this helps a lot. I always tended to just charge my sigils under the moon every once in a while. But perception activation seems a lot more effective

Xenophon

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
There are lots of ways to activate sigils such as charging them under the moon light, burning them or destroying them in general, perception activation, etc. But what is the most effective way? I personally charge mine under the moonlight or burn them but is that really the most effective way?
Austin Osman Spare had some rather memorable views on the matter involving masturbation by moonlight, with some ritual implements involved.

CrabsIsBugs

Neophyte
Reaction score
Honestly probably seems like a cop out but it really does vary. I've done a lot of things to charge sigils. Moonlight, meditation, focus and intent, and the list goes on.

Xenophon

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Honestly probably seems like a cop out but it really does vary. I've done a lot of things to charge sigils. Moonlight, meditation, focus and intent, and the list goes on.
Actually yours is the only honest answer possible. That's what separates a prophet from a mage. The one tries to say HIS way is the only way. The latter says go with what works. Indeed, a magickal tradition might be styled a collection of methods that work well for a significant, but scarcely universal, number of folks.

AlfrunGrima

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
My most favorite methods:

Make a strong psi ball and connect it to the sigil. For you start with this, define which color the ball needs to be and how the ball has to feel. Put the sigil with psi ball in a box or place them both on a empty shelf of a cupboard. If it is necessary you can reload that psi ball the next few days and it can be helpful to use divination about what kind of energy you need to add. Make a decision on what time of the the day you want to recharge the sigil. This method is for me the best suitable if I need really quick results.

Or the other method: bury the sigil under a plant. That can be a plant that is matching with the magic and the intent you are performing. You can even match the form or the color pot with the magic and intent, if you wish. Water that plant every day and talk to the plant, take care for it. Make compost tea for that plant. This method works for me better is I have magic that is needed for al longer period. This magic can be transformational because it is a process that takes so long.

I tried other methods as well and I think there as many methods as there are magicians/witches/and so on. After all we are all human and we all have our own unique path. Another method I never tested: place the sigil under a candle holder, burn every day a candle on it. At the start when you light the candle you have to focus/meditate on what you are trying to accomplish.

IllusiveOwl

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I save all of my blessed and offered incense ash, burnt as a gift to a deity and therefore sanctified. When I make a sigil, give it blood, a hair, etc, seal it in a specific wax color, then place it in the ash bowl. Because I make an effort to make an offering daily to my chosen deities, fresh sacred ash continues the charge of my sigils. I don't know if this is a published method, but it is what I intuited as right and it works.

Reaction score
Awards
Meditation and focus. Sometimes placing within a circle made by prayer/mediation/psalter beads and then meditation and focus based on the nature of the beads used.

Psi ball (or variances of it tbh) has worked well also.

-Eld