• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Black Mirror Construction

Reaction score
How do you construct one and what method did you use?

I tried making one myself that involved a black picture frame, additional black spray paint, and attempt to charge it under a full moon.
The results were lackluster. I messed up the paint job and couldn't fix it and as far as I could tell the mirror didn't function. Admittedly I didn't practice scrying that much before so maybe that was the issue. On the otherhand maybe I didn't perform the charging of the mirror correctly idk.

Crows&Ravens

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
You probably did it correctly, but since you've messed up on the paint job, you've disconnected yourself from the mirror and thus it doesn't seem like its working. And I would say its because you haven't been practicing with it as much as you should do.

How bad is the paint job? Because I'm thinking all you need to do is another coat of paint and then it should be good to go.

Reaction score
You probably did it correctly, but since you've messed up on the paint job, you've disconnected yourself from the mirror and thus it doesn't seem like its working. And I would say its because you haven't been practicing with it as much as you should do.

How bad is the paint job? Because I'm thinking all you need to do is another coat of paint and then it should be good to go.
There are bits of leaf debris, dirt, and dust that blew onto it as it was drying outside over night. I didn't realize what happened till I examined it the next morning but it was too late. I thought it wouldn't make much of difference but I honed in on the imperfections and it bothered me. However I heard one person scry'd once out a of cup of coffee so maybe it really doesn't matter and I just need to try harder.

Crows&Ravens

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
There are bits of leaf debris, dirt, and dust that blew onto it as it was drying outside over night. I didn't realize what happened till I examined it the next morning but it was too late. I thought it wouldn't make much of difference but I honed in on the imperfections and it bothered me. However I heard one person scry'd once out a of cup of coffee so maybe it really doesn't matter and I just need to try harder.
Yeah, I would've been frustrated about that too.

Next time use a cardboard box if you can and then just cover the exposed part with newspaper and it should be fine the following morning. If you plan to make another one in the near future. To be honest I like imperfections, the silly little mistakes because I feel that it gives things more character, perhaps you could try harder and see how things unfold within the next few weeks.

Scrying with coffee...that's new me.

Reaction score
Awards
All good points made in here, need to still build and use mine. I plan to evoke Celtic deities with it, so a ways down the road.
I do on occasion scry my black coffee in my white mug.
Speaking of which, what do glowing eyes, eyelashes and flowers have to do with anything scrying wise?
Post automatically merged:

Scrying with Coffee or water:
The liquid color should clash with the color of the vessel. Therefore if water, use a dark colored bowl preferably navy or black. If coffee, white mug.
Let it settle and be still, then place fingertips on rim of right hand. Let the electricity flow a second before actual touch from near touch. The water will be restless and ripple. As it is doing so, let your gaze fall back while centered on the center inside and note images that arise in the mind.

Last edited:

DamnatioMemoriae

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
I'm surprised absolutely nobody on the internet has gone the smart way about making their Black Mirror.

Try and break away from the bounds of tradition, for a tool is a tool, and a goal is a goal. You dont have to go through some fancy arts and crafts method of creating a black mirror. You can just buy a normal mirror and use a limo tint.
Post automatically merged:

Revision: If you dont believe my method will work, question why you use modern wax candles on your altar and not candles made from human and animal fat, also question why Hodou uses red brick dust and gunpowder in its spells, and why you draw your sigils on paper not parchment.