• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Help] Blockout on Magic or something like that.

Someone's asking for help!

Vocerildo

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I am writing here about this matter in case someone has suffered the same situation and if it were possible to help me and suggest a solution to make this supposed blockage disappear.

The cuestion is that every time I read about magic in a serious and deep way or try to do some ritual, I get headaches or a sudden heavy sleep that distracts me... I don't know what to think about that... Maybe I should sleep more :sneaky:? No, seriously, does anyone know anything about what I'm talking about here?

Thanks for your help.

Pyrokar

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
I used to get headaches trying to tackle complex material. I should say it's natural.

Actually, my dude, you might need glasses? Symptoms seem to indicate lol.
Change the time of day you study, if you reinforced the idea that you get sleepy everytime you did it, it might have become
a habit.
Headaches, unless you are focusing hard or something should not be a regular occurance. Check yo self.
maybe the "serious and deep way" in which you approach is the problem?
Place more attention on this, does it really only ever happen in those times?
Play around with things, stop doing it the way you have been so far.

Vocerildo

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
You may be right about not taking the study of magic so seriously or so deeply and giving it a more "discordian" approach... You may be right about that. I'll try to change routines and see what happens. Thanks for your answer.

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
What you said is not really enough to go on as far as discovering a definite cause. However, I think most modern practices expect you to have some meditation time and a 'banishing' ritual, ideally every day. Regular divination practice is also encouraged. It is like a workout, but instead of physical muscles, one is training the will. If you are easily distracted and fall asleep, your will is weak. Focus on the basic practices mentioned above.

From a practical standpoint, do not attempt magic for up to three hours after a meal. Headaches and sleepiness are possible signs of reactive hypoglycemia.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I am writing here about this matter in case someone has suffered the same situation and if it were possible to help me and suggest a solution to make this supposed blockage disappear.

The cuestion is that every time I read about magic in a serious and deep way or try to do some ritual, I get headaches or a sudden heavy sleep that distracts me... I don't know what to think about that... Maybe I should sleep more :sneaky:? No, seriously, does anyone know anything about what I'm talking about here?

Thanks for your help.
Sleepiness can be a sign of reluctance in some people. Maybe do some meditating or scrutinizing of motives/feelings about the working.

Ziran

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
I am writing here about this matter in case someone has suffered the same situation.... a sudden heavy sleep that distracts me..

It happens to me quite often. I don't see it as a problem. I love it. To me it's a result of my brain working really hard because the subject matter is so potent. It's like being sleepy after a big meal. If possible, I do go and take a nap. It feels so good. But, usually I make some tea.

Reaction score
Awards
Invoke often, inflame thyself in prayer.
Here is a tutorial that may help 8n getting started. It is Judeo Christian 8n nature however.

Vandheer

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Its bizarre that you are getting that kind of effect by reading. But I am guessing when you are practicing its a bit of a stamina issue. You get better as you train. I could be wrong of course there.

Energy work wouldn't hurt anyways. Hit up Robert Bruces New Energy Ways.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!