• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Can someone help identify this being, please?

Axolotl

Neophyte
Joined
Sep 24, 2026
Messages
6
Reaction score
6
I had a very strange dream about an entity. Please don’t dismiss what I’m about to share.

I’m fully aware that people can have the most bizarre dreams and that this may simply be my mind processing something symbolic or random. I’m not claiming this was more than a dream. I’m posting here because I’d like guidance and informed opinions in case it points to something more.

Can anyone help identify this being?

Here’s what I remember:
  • Someone in the dream literally told me: “You have to say yes to him” in order to wield his power and energy. It felt like forming a lifelong bond or receiving a permanent mark.
  • Ordinary people fear him, according to the dream. They associate him with potentially dangerous practices and refuse to speak his name. He is also associated with blue flames.
  • His realm is a dark garden. I never entered it nor wanted to, but I could see it clearly through the windows and open entrance. Peaceful and beautiful, with plants and trees visible despite the complete absence of sun or moonlight.
  • He stood at the entrance to this garden, framed by double doors. On either side of the doors stood two old souls (a man and a woman). They never looked at me or spoke, but they clearly acknowledged my presence.
  • My first instinct upon seeing him was that he was “Father” (not my biological father, but as if I belonged to his family, as if I were one of his children). Being near him felt deeply happy and familiar.
  • He was kind and welcoming. He said it had been a long time since we last met, but he couldn’t remember my name. He wanted to know my name. I told him I didn’t have one and asked him to give me one. He was about to name me when my phone woke me up, so the naming remained unfinished.
  • Physically he was unnaturally tall and humanoid, with arms and legs as thin as bone (somewhat like a tall alien figure). He wore black fur clothing. Because of his height, his upper body was mostly hidden by the open doors, so he had to lean down to speak with me. I looked directly at him and into his eyes, yet the dream prevented me from properly seeing his face or head. Normally such an appearance would have terrified me, but in the dream I felt completely safe and even a little excited to be in his presence.
Does this description match any known entity, spirit, or figure from esoteric, occult, or folkloric traditions?
 

Frater M.M.

Zealot
Joined
Aug 28, 2026
Messages
150
Reaction score
230
Awards
2
I had a very strange dream about an entity. Please don’t dismiss what I’m about to share.

...

Does this description match any known entity, spirit, or figure from esoteric, occult, or folkloric traditions?

Well, this means nothing to me personally but AI-assisted analysis suggests the closest match may be imagery associated with the Devil/Man in Black (sometimes viewed as the Witch-Father later on) with some Scottish fairyland imagery thrown in as well. [The required assent, empowerment, lifelong bond/mark, black figure, renaming, and especially the blue flame, are all striking correspondences, apparently].

Also, because your dream ended before you were given your new name, it could resemble the idea of an interrupted initiation into witchcraft.

I will leave it to more experienced practitioners in here to confirm or reject this analysis.

Welcome to the site, by the way :)
 

Axolotl

Neophyte
Joined
Sep 24, 2026
Messages
6
Reaction score
6
Well, this means nothing to me personally but AI-assisted analysis suggests the closest match may be imagery associated with the Devil/Man in Black (sometimes viewed as the Witch-Father later on) with some Scottish fairyland imagery thrown in as well. [The required assent, empowerment, lifelong bond/mark, black figure, renaming, and especially the blue flame, are all striking correspondences, apparently].

Also, because your dream ended before you were given your new name, it could resemble the idea of an interrupted initiation into witchcraft.

I will leave it to more experienced practitioners in here to confirm or reject this analysis.

Welcome to the site, by the way :)
While I trust people's lived experiences and theoretical, book-based knowledge over AI when it comes to stuff like this, thank you for the effort nonetheless! 😊

It annoys me greatly that I don't know the name he was about to give me.

I never heard of a "Witch-Father", I will look into it.
The Scottish part is interesting, as I don't have any Scottish ancestry as far as I know.
 

Angelkesfarl

Disciple
Joined
Nov 18, 2025
Messages
631
Reaction score
665
Awards
9
I had a very strange dream about an entity. Please don’t dismiss what I’m about to share.

I’m fully aware that people can have the most bizarre dreams and that this may simply be my mind processing something symbolic or random. I’m not claiming this was more than a dream. I’m posting here because I’d like guidance and informed opinions in case it points to something more.

Can anyone help identify this being?

Here’s what I remember:
  • Someone in the dream literally told me: “You have to say yes to him” in order to wield his power and energy. It felt like forming a lifelong bond or receiving a permanent mark.
  • Ordinary people fear him, according to the dream. They associate him with potentially dangerous practices and refuse to speak his name. He is also associated with blue flames.
  • His realm is a dark garden. I never entered it nor wanted to, but I could see it clearly through the windows and open entrance. Peaceful and beautiful, with plants and trees visible despite the complete absence of sun or moonlight.
  • He stood at the entrance to this garden, framed by double doors. On either side of the doors stood two old souls (a man and a woman). They never looked at me or spoke, but they clearly acknowledged my presence.
  • My first instinct upon seeing him was that he was “Father” (not my biological father, but as if I belonged to his family, as if I were one of his children). Being near him felt deeply happy and familiar.
  • He was kind and welcoming. He said it had been a long time since we last met, but he couldn’t remember my name. He wanted to know my name. I told him I didn’t have one and asked him to give me one. He was about to name me when my phone woke me up, so the naming remained unfinished.
  • Physically he was unnaturally tall and humanoid, with arms and legs as thin as bone (somewhat like a tall alien figure). He wore black fur clothing. Because of his height, his upper body was mostly hidden by the open doors, so he had to lean down to speak with me. I looked directly at him and into his eyes, yet the dream prevented me from properly seeing his face or head. Normally such an appearance would have terrified me, but in the dream I felt completely safe and even a little excited to be in his presence.
Does this description match any known entity, spirit, or figure from esoteric, occult, or folkloric traditions?
Well, I can see that you read a lot of books on magic, but based on its description, it has the characteristics of Zahliya, and its association with the blue flame means it is of a Mercurial nature. Since that is the case, it is certainly one of Farkan’s followers. As for the fur—if it is the color of bears—it is very similar to Russian Danesh or the Barhash found in the regions of Hungary. .

What matters most is not who he is, but that he has chosen to be your spiritual guide and spiritual father. Based on my own experiences, this is similar to a true story, so I’ll keep it brief.

This is an entity of noble origin, and the two elderly figures are its guardians. Given that it seems ancient, it may be an abandoned entity—its purpose and methods of interaction, whatever they were, remained a secret—and its companions died without documenting or revealing it.
It has now chosen you based on your birthplace, which is suitable for the manifestation of its abilities.
Since it did not give you a name, nor did it remember or mention one—forget the phone prank—it may be the one orchestrating it. It has now presented itself to you, along with its power and status, and is waiting for you to confirm your request to join it. At that point, it will name you—that is, it will give you a name derived from its attributes, bestow it upon you, and guide you on how to interact with it and enjoy its services.
These spirits are often intelligent and cunning, and due to their age, they have extensive experience with humans; they do not choose their partners at random.

The best approach is to proceed with caution. The enthusiasm you felt was certainly felt by him as well, so a blue candle, along with a glass of water and a few sugar cubes, will serve the purpose.
 

Frater M.M.

Zealot
Joined
Aug 28, 2026
Messages
150
Reaction score
230
Awards
2
While I trust people's lived experiences and theoretical, book-based knowledge over AI when it comes to stuff like this, thank you for the effort nonetheless! 😊

No worries and yeah, for sure, AI makes a great servant but a very poor master, IMO. :)

It annoys me greatly that I don't know the name he was about to give me.

tbh, my personal intuition thinks that's a good thing. Gives you a chance to have a considered "initiation" rather than just entering one randomly in a dream. You can always recontact this entity (if it was one), maybe even in another dream, later on if you've decided it's a good idea.

I never heard of a "Witch-Father", I will look into it.
The Scottish part is interesting, as I don't have any Scottish ancestry as far as I know.

I hadn't either. A lot of your dream correspondence is apparently similar to early-modern Scottish witch-trial material, roughly 1590s–1670s. The Witch-Father is a kind of later (20th/21st-century) trad witchcraft reinterpretation/label of the Devil/Man in Black, viewing him as the initiator of witches.
 

Axolotl

Neophyte
Joined
Sep 24, 2026
Messages
6
Reaction score
6
Well, I can see that you read a lot of books on magic, but based on its description, it has the characteristics of Zahliya, and its association with the blue flame means it is of a Mercurial nature. Since that is the case, it is certainly one of Farkan’s followers. As for the fur—if it is the color of bears—it is very similar to Russian Danesh or the Barhash found in the regions of Hungary. .

What matters most is not who he is, but that he has chosen to be your spiritual guide and spiritual father. Based on my own experiences, this is similar to a true story, so I’ll keep it brief.

This is an entity of noble origin, and the two elderly figures are its guardians. Given that it seems ancient, it may be an abandoned entity—its purpose and methods of interaction, whatever they were, remained a secret—and its companions died without documenting or revealing it.
It has now chosen you based on your birthplace, which is suitable for the manifestation of its abilities.
Since it did not give you a name, nor did it remember or mention one—forget the phone prank—it may be the one orchestrating it. It has now presented itself to you, along with its power and status, and is waiting for you to confirm your request to join it. At that point, it will name you—that is, it will give you a name derived from its attributes, bestow it upon you, and guide you on how to interact with it and enjoy its services.
These spirits are often intelligent and cunning, and due to their age, they have extensive experience with humans; they do not choose their partners at random.

The best approach is to proceed with caution. The enthusiasm you felt was certainly felt by him as well, so a blue candle, along with a glass of water and a few sugar cubes, will serve the purpose.
First of all, thank you for your comment. There’s quite a lot of new information here for me to consider. I’m immensely grateful.

The thing is, I don’t read books on magic at all. I’m a fairly rational and straightforward person with a background in science and engineering. Still, several unexplainable things have happened in my life, and that’s forced me to keep the door of possibilities open.

The dream felt coherent despite the heavy symbolism, and my brain registered it as something significant, which is why I’m trying to research the topic. Right now I’m looking for books written before the AI age, and your suggestions are very helpful in that process.

I’m completely new to taking the spiritual side seriously enough to actually study it, so I approach everything with a healthy dose of skepticism. Unfortunately there are plenty of people online who seem more interested in attention and financial gain, which makes it hard to find reliable sources instead of the usual Halloween aesthetic and pop-culture versions of these ideas.

As you suggested, I’ll proceed with caution.

A note on the birthplace, though: I was born in a different country, and like my ancestors I have moved around a lot. I’ve always felt like someone without roots, someone who can find home in nature, regardless of who claims that land as theirs. I believe my deep connection to nature and those almost animalistic, primal instincts are a shared thread between me and the entity. But of course, I could be wrong.
 
Joined
Sep 12, 2026
Messages
6
Reaction score
12
An alternate viewpoint that some might disagree with.

Could be Hades from Greek mythology. He is my deity, and I had approached him in a dream and asked him to teach me magick. Most people in Ancient Greece would use euphemism to address him, fearing that his name would hasten their death. I always pictured blue flames in his domain as they feel more appropriate for a dark colder realm as his domain is sometimes portrayed. But I also picture a lot of dark gardens due to his wife, Persephone. And I also get a very "Fatherly" feel when I work with him. Don't know about the two older spirits.

Again, some may disagree with me and may present better options, but that is what occurred to me when I read your post.
 

Dyn Hysbys

Zealot
Joined
Mar 3, 2025
Messages
133
Reaction score
239
Awards
3
An alternate viewpoint that some might disagree with.

Could be Hades from Greek mythology. He is my deity, and I had approached him in a dream and asked him to teach me magick. Most people in Ancient Greece would use euphemism to address him, fearing that his name would hasten their death. I always pictured blue flames in his domain as they feel more appropriate for a dark colder realm as his domain is sometimes portrayed. But I also picture a lot of dark gardens due to his wife, Persephone. And I also get a very "Fatherly" feel when I work with him. Don't know about the two older spirits.

Again, some may disagree with me and may present better options, but that is what occurred to me when I read your post.
The blue flame just reminded me of Disney's Hades, from the Hercules cartoon. I like the dark garden-Persephone link.
 

Soror Epihania

Apprentice
Joined
Jan 24, 2026
Messages
76
Reaction score
112
Awards
1
An alternate viewpoint that some might disagree with.

Could be Hades from Greek mythology. He is my deity, and I had approached him in a dream and asked him to teach me magick. Most people in Ancient Greece would use euphemism to address him, fearing that his name would hasten their death. I always pictured blue flames in his domain as they feel more appropriate for a dark colder realm as his domain is sometimes portrayed. But I also picture a lot of dark gardens due to his wife, Persephone. And I also get a very "Fatherly" feel when I work with him. Don't know about the two older spirits.

Again, some may disagree with me and may present better options, but that is what occurred to me when I read your post.
Good catch on the dark gardens.

@Axolotl Your dream does seem to have a chthonic/underworld tone to it. Lightless gardens, cool flames, a shadowy figure dreaded by many. I agree with @Angelkesfarl's insight that it seems like an invitation. If something is reaching out you may be able to make a simple offering to ask it to come closer and reveal more of its nature. A candle and glass of water would be a good start.
 

r4zorenigma

Zealot
Joined
Sep 10, 2026
Messages
162
Reaction score
145
Awards
3
This may very likely be you encountering your Qareen djinn. This is an idea from various Eastern philosophies as well as Satanism.. IT is that all humans are within this realm, and enter here with a spirit that is attached to us.. These beings are often here to test us, protect us, and ultimately make sure our journey's are not messed with by influences other than which are directed to.

Why I believe it is your Qareen djinn... they can make themselves apparent to you or want to connect with you and know of their existence if they truly trust you. FOr most people they do not want to appear as to not freak out the person or have them feel like they are afflicted or cause worry within them.

We have this SAME believe in spiritual Satanism. Though we call it a Guardian Demon. When one is initiated into Satanism, they receive a Guardian Demon.. Many occult circles operate the same way.. you intitate yourself into the realm of these spirits and one attaches to you-- it can be your helper, your guide, your protector, etc..
 

Zero The Fool

Neophyte
Joined
Feb 18, 2026
Messages
10
Reaction score
24
The best way to discover the identity of this entity is to continue interacting with him. There are many unknown entities in the spirit realm. He might not be a being from any established tradition, but an unknown spirit that seeks out specific individuals to guide. What matters most is the relationship that he is offering you.

This naming and the door indicate this is an offer of initiation. You have the opportunity to enter into the stream of spiritual power that this entity administers.


When a spirit appears to you in a dream offering initiation, that is a positive sign, an opportunity to grow in magickal knowledge and power. I have more than one friend who has experienced this.

The fact that your naming was interrupted was intentional. You are meant to know that this offer of initiation is on the table and to think it over with your conscious waking mind. This is a green flag for this spirit: he is not rushing or manipulating you into a pact.

The way this being spoke as if he knew you, this could be an entity with whom you had a relationship in a past life. If you did magick in a past life, spirits whom you worked with in that incarnation may seek to pick up where they left off with you once they see that you are ready.

Past lives might or might not be real; we can't know. Nevertheless, I have known people whose journey with magick began with a dream wherein they met a spirit who seemed to already know them.

I recommend that you read a book called Spirit Work Primer by Naag Loki Shivanath, so that you can learn how to work with this spirit safely.
 

Nembra

Acolyte
Joined
Jul 28, 2026
Messages
489
Reaction score
444
Awards
5
I don't think it's all that good of an idea to search for the meaning of this thing in the outside world. Characters in your dreams - especially when they manifest spontaneously - are most often denizens of your inner world shaped by your own internal symbolic language. As you notice, there are no strong associations, there are many symbols involved and nobody here is holding better tools of correctly deciphering them than you.

He might be acting as an ambassador of some external force but ultimately is in some way "yours". It's a dangerous habit of many occultists, I've found, to immediately impart authority to characters with some aura of grandeur accepting them as teachers or guides. You're the lord of the manor, it's usually the most effective strategy to treat those things like you would esteemed guests or respectable advisors.
 

Helios Arcana

Neophyte
Joined
Oct 3, 2026
Messages
6
Reaction score
12
Can anyone help identify this being?

The basis of my magickal practice and education comes from witchcraft. Reading your dream, I had no doubt from the beginning that this is a meeting with the Man in Black/Witch Father at the Witches’ Sabbath (a Traditional Witchcraft initiation). For people who know about this stuff your dream is very obvious.
For me, this is the only right answer. The association is very clear because the main elements are there: the mark and the initiation.

If you want to learn more about this side of things, you could start by exploring Andrew Chumbley’s writings and his Sabbatic Craft tradition, even though I don’t think his books are accessible to beginners. I also don’t think there is an easy way to walk this path.

What you’re going to do with this is up to you. And, as Nembra said:
You're the lord of the manor

I think you have enough information to start researching and studying. 🙂
 

Frater M.M.

Zealot
Joined
Aug 28, 2026
Messages
150
Reaction score
230
Awards
2
The basis of my magickal practice and education comes from witchcraft. Reading your dream, I had no doubt from the beginning that this is a meeting with the Man in Black/Witch Father at the Witches’ Sabbath (a Traditional Witchcraft initiation). For people who know about this stuff your dream is very obvious.
For me, this is the only right answer. The association is very clear because the main elements are there: the mark and the initiation.

Very interesting to see a human agree with that ChatGPT analysis I made.

I keep meaning to look at Chumbley's work. A lot of ppl seem to speak highly of him.
 

Helios Arcana

Neophyte
Joined
Oct 3, 2026
Messages
6
Reaction score
12
I keep meaning to look at Chumbley's work.
Speaking of which, this thread gave me an idea: I could work on Chumbley's Azoetia and post my journey in the Journals section of the forum.

Not that I know everything about Chumbley's tradition (far from it, actually), but I believe I'm at a point in my life where I have enough experience and resources to at least know in which direction I should be going with that book.

Who knows, in the future I may conjure the will for this project.
 
Top