• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Official] Can WF do more for you?

An official request, or post by staff acting with authority.

What would make you spend more time on WF?

• Nothing, WF is perfect

• More content for me to read

• More members who can respond to my questions

• More community engagement style endeavors

• More/different sections that align more closely to your interests (list below)

• WF is just a site you casually browse, and you have no special interest or desire to engage

• Book club/discussions

• WF has everything you need, but there are some things that you don't want that bother you

• WF needs a better site design

• Other (post below)

Results are only viewable after voting.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Soon, I will be posting an update to the WF Roadmap, outlining some changes to the structure of the forum, new sections to be added, and an early preview of some of the donation/subscription perks. All this will be to keep you informed and be able to voice your opinion and make me aware of how you will receive and benefit from those upcoming changes.

@ryen will also shortly be posting an interest-check thread for a fun and useful new idea he has for WF that I will help him implement.

But aside from the above, I would like to know what WF can do better for you, how it can be improved, and how I can encourage you to spend more time on the forums.

Please feel free to vote in the (anonymous) poll, and post below in this thread, or in the Suggestions section if you would like feedback from others.

Incognitus

Lead Transcriber
Reaction score
Awards
I’d love to have a book club (hell, I’d even offer to do the work, if there are some more people interested). Something where we pick a book for the next month, start reading on the 1st and have a thread in the forum so everyone reading can discuss. Maybe we take suggestions the last week of the month, run a poll to ultimately choose the book. Biggest issue would be getting people interested.

One of the goals should be to include a lot of different topics, not just Crowley or Brand, but works that aren’t as well known. Expose everyone to new ideas.

SkullTraill

Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I’d love to have a book club (hell, I’d even offer to do the work, if there are some more people interested). Something where we pick a book for the next month, start reading on the 1st and have a thread in the forum so everyone reading can discuss. Maybe we take suggestions the last week of the month, run a poll to ultimately choose the book. Biggest issue would be getting people interested.

One of the goals should be to include a lot of different topics, not just Crowley or Brand, but works that aren’t as well known. Expose everyone to new ideas.
Would be great if you could do an interest check thread in general, and if you decide to go ahead with it, I'll help in whatever way I can.

Definitely, the biggest issue is getting people interested... we only have 300 or so members, of which only about 100 are active even on a once-a-month basis. But I think it's a good initiative to start even if it's just a few members at first, because it will definitely attract more people from within the community as well as from outside.

Yazata

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Maybe some subsections in the two Right Hand and Left Hand. Like one for Angels specifically, one for Goetia, Grimoires, modern Grimoires like NAP.

Yazata

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Maybe it would be cool if, like once a month or so, someone wrote a pathworking. Based on one of the Major Arcana, or the Zodiac sign the moon is in at that time, or whatever. Could be fun.

Merlinscloak

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Book writing support, were the rough drafts are Bata red and corrected, were credit is given to contributors 'if desired', with the possibility of the book eventually being published by MF, for members to purchase.

SkullTraill

Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Book writing support, were the rough drafts are Bata red and corrected, were credit is given to contributors 'if desired', with the possibility of the book eventually being published by MF, for members to purchase.
Interesting idea. I'll think about how to implement this. Main concern right now is that the section will be almost empty.

SkullTraill

Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Is there already a section, for this? I'll post, something.\ there.
For occult related topics, if there is not already a section for it, then it belongs in general occult discussion. When something gains decent traction/thread volume, then it can get it's own section and threads moved there. Sort of like what happened with book thread and the library section.

Reaction score
Awards
It's an awesome site. I think more professional, well-known magicians on here would be helpful, at least in terms of interaction with newbies/clueless veterans to magick. In terms of tougher questions/more obscure topics that eyre experienced with.

SkullTraill

Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Hi. Thanks for the forum. Love it.

My only suggestion would be forums for areas of occult practice that are popular. Examples include Ceremonial magick, Hermeticism, neo-"Shamanism", maybe the runes.
I mean these categories already exist under different names, imo. If you think some names should be changed, or new sections added, would be good to hear about it in Suggestions so that others can vote on them too.

Reaction score
Awards
Maybe a FWB thing. Do rituals for others, but somehow ensure only those participating from start to finish reap rewards.

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
bigger players dont just come to a site, they need a reason for our silliness to evolve.
lately im out of silliness and nice interconnections, but i might still have some grumpy old farts hiding under several stones.

Reaction score
Awards

Im on board with this.

I think one thing that would help beginners is a good range of topics that get them up to speed quickly (albeit my candle magic tutorial was a bit sparse), and perhaps a Magical FWB group, where for six days everyone does a ritual for person X, the days that we get off in hindsight are not that much, and we can get a lot accomplished for people.

I think the benefit we have over other magick forums is the range of topics to discuss, not just magick. We should ramp up on this types of posts as well.

Finally, what I should be doing, is research on everyone of my questions and doing everything stated in my journal. Get A Job appears to be a successful ritual.

Nobody

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
I would like to make a suggestion:

* Create sub-sections in the "Book shares" category dedicated to different topics (e.g. Magick (Ceremonial, Chaos,...), Hermetism, Witchcraft,...). Within these sub-sections, perhaps also create threads by authors?

This would make the section more orderly and user friendly for individuals looking for certain topics.

Thank you for your great work SkullTraill - it's appreciated.

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
SkullTraill... I was going to make a thread dedicated to you. Since I feel so naive of not giving you the respect you deserve. And, I am honored to be apart of community that you created. I thank you. I never gave you my thank you for what you are doing. So, once again... I thank you so much SkullTraill and Yazata, and Kjeno of course Love you All.... just showing my graitude!