• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

CHILDHOOD MUSIC GENRE AND FAVORITE SONG

bgshawn499

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
QUESTIONS:
1)Growing up what was your favorite music genre?

2)What was the first Tape, CD, LP, or Record that you owned.

3)Post a video of one of your most favorite songs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ANSWERS:
1) Hip-Hop

2) I definitely have more then one!

• Public Enemy - Fear of a Black Planet
  • Dr. Dre - The Chronic
  • The Notorious B.I.G. - Ready to Die
  • The Notorious B.I.G. - Life After Death
  • Wu-Tang Clan - Enter The Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)
  • 2 Pac - All Eyez On Me
  • Fugees - The Score
  • Jay Z
  • N.W.A. - Fuck The Police
  • Nas - Illmatic
  • Mobb Deep - The Infamous

3)
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
The first songs that stuck with me as a child were "Fool on the Hill" by Sergio Mendes & Brasil 66 (it took me decades to realize that it was this particular cover) and "Dueling Banjos."

The first record I bought was Duran Duran's Rio album.

bgshawn499

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Duran Duran was a little before my time but the Rio was definitely a great album!
Post automatically merged:

QUESTIONS:
1)Growing up what was your favorite music genre?

2)What was the first Tape, CD, LP, or Record that you owned.

3)Post a video of one of your most favorite songs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ANSWERS:
1) Hip-Hop

2) I definitely have more then one!

• Public Enemy - Fear of a Black Planet
  • Dr. Dre - The Chronic
  • The Notorious B.I.G. - Ready to Die
  • The Notorious B.I.G. - Life After Death
  • Wu-Tang Clan - Enter The Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)
  • 2 Pac - All Eyez On Me
  • Fugees - The Score
  • Jay Z
  • N.W.A. - Fuck The Police
  • Nas - Illmatic
  • Mobb Deep - The Infamous

3)

Last edited:

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
i never understood the joy of musick normal people do. i played the piano since i was 6, listened with the kids in school to what was normal, but falling in love with rick astly eh nah. i love however maheliah jacksons holy night, but we on;y played that once a year, so no not much fun in musick as a kid.

when i was about 14 i think i decided to like musick like normal kids do and choose to like bruce springsteen and prince. oopsy i immediately fell out of style again. i worked so hard for that, so i secretly liked bo diddly and the band. but my first lp was very very dutch. kom van dat dak af, get off the roof.

nowadays i still dont understand the fun normal people get out of musick. i use it to get in trance, find spirits, communicate, etc. but just putting it because i wanna hear THAT song or musick no, i dont have that.

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
1. Hardrock
2. First LP I got as a gift for my birthday was Iron Maiden by... Iron Maiden. First LP I bought was a collection called Rock Album or something like that. Pretty lame but it had Alice Cooper's School's Out, Accept's Balls to the Wall and Kiss' I was made for loving you. I kept picking up the needle to switch between those tracks.

bgshawn499

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
1. Hardrock
2. First LP I got as a gift for my birthday was Iron Maiden by... Iron Maiden. First LP I bought was a collection called Rock Album or something like that. Pretty lame but it had Alice Cooper's School's Out, Accept's Balls to the Wall and Kiss' I was made for loving you. I kept picking up the needle to switch between those tracks.
Hip-Hop and R&B were definitely my number one's, but I definitely loved me some Rock & Roll as well!

Reaction score
Awards
As a child, my first love was Elvis Presley, and, as my sister and I shared adjoined bedrooms, I would irritate her every day by blasting Elvis on vinyl through my record player.
I later shifted my love to bands like Air Supply, then my teenage years - Run DMC, Foreigner, Journey, Pat Benetar, Joan Jett, The Clash, and Beastie Boys ... Then black Sabbath and others started me on my love for heavy metal.

bgshawn499

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
As a child, my first love was Elvis Presley, and, as my sister and I shared adjoined bedrooms, I would irritate her every day by blasting Elvis on vinyl through my record player.
I later shifted my love to bands like Air Supply, then my teenage years - Run DMC, Foreigner, Journey, Pat Benetar, Joan Jett, The Clash, and Beastie Boys ... Then black Sabbath and others started me on my love for heavy metal.
You forgot to answer question
2 what was the first tape, LP, record etc that you purchased?
3 post a video of one of your most favorite songs?
Post automatically merged:

this is where i grew up...

You didn't answer question 1 and 2.

Reaction score
Awards
1, we didnt have many genres when i was young, mostly there was just "the radio", i listened to what would become "classic rock" when it was just rock music, i remember hearing "fly like an eagle" for the first time on the jukebox at the pizza place, they had a sit down pac man game, sooo coool

2, not sure what my first music purchase was, i started pretty young, probably a pink floyd album iirc