• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Church bells

Yazata

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Something I've been thinking about but haven't quite worked out is the use of church bells.
When a bell is struck it sends forth an expanding circular wave of sound. That's the reason why it is used as a banishing of the air. And probably why we call it "Bel".
No matter the time zone or what the hour is, all church bells are struck at (roughly...) the same time. If you are somehow able to charge / connect with / attach something to that sound to deliver your spell, you could incorporate your own bell into it by striking it in the seconds leading up to the full hour when the church bells ring. And then let them carry it forward.

It's an unfinished thought at this point. Has anybody tried something like this?

Brixgh

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
I didn't but it's a good idea. If in case you're familiar with radionics some energy work can be done like that. ( connecting to or using an already existing energy pattern)

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Very, interesting. Never really thought about the overlap of hourly Church bells and half-hourly timezones. Wow.

You might be on to something here.

Scottish_Pride

Meme-y Tree Nymph
Reaction score
Awards
Something I've been thinking about but haven't quite worked out is the use of church bells.
When a bell is struck it sends forth an expanding circular wave of sound. That's the reason why it is used as a banishing of the air. And probably why we call it "Bel".
No matter the time zone or what the hour is, all church bells are struck at (roughly...) the same time. If you are somehow able to charge / connect with / attach something to that sound to deliver your spell, you could incorporate your own bell into it by striking it in the seconds leading up to the full hour when the church bells ring. And then let them carry it forward.

It's an unfinished thought at this point. Has anybody tried something like this?
I haven’t tried anything like this or thought about it before, but sounds like a solid concept!

Tbh, if you go back enough in history, a huge chunk of church tradition once had some sort of reasoning behind it. Whether dating back to Abrahamic magical roots and the like, or just mere superstition of the time. And considering the absurd amount of metal and resources those big medieval church bells must’ve taken to add to structures, there must have been a solid reason. Even if it was just to make sure peasants with no precise way of keeping time, knew when Sunday mass was starting.

When it comes to the practical side of using those church bells for spellwork, though, I’d say worth a shot! Could work out really well, for something with a desired result that’s far-reaching into the general area. It also makes me giggle to think of what the priests or preachers there would say, if they knew you were using their bells for the “Devil’s work”. Lmao

Yazata

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I was reading a bit yesterday about Tibetan singing bowls, as those essentially are the same (funny how in English the consonants of Bowl and Bell are - nearly - the same).
Then I saw a chart with the keys assigned to the chakras and thus the qualities each key represents (in that system) I am not a real musician so I can't tell which key a bell (or any other sound) is, so I searched if churchbells have a standard key.
Apparently not.
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
I even saw a website that used radionics to charge their singing bowls, maybe linked to the idea Brixgh mentioned.

William

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Computer

The Watcher

Santa Claus

One Christ

Open hearted

Little Bird

Do Not Panic

Providence

Explaining

A Meeting Place

A Purpose

A Vibration

Significant

Somewhere

A Mixture

A Real Beauty

Time to See

Exact Science

3D Printing

Pokemon Go

Not Right

Monetary

Calculation

Witchcraft

Necromancy

Illusion

Insanity

Stubborn

A President

Slaughter

Church Bells

William

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
These seem a bit out of place 😂
For most others I can see a connection, but I might be not right
The main connect is in regard to the words adding up to the same number.

William

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
[159]
The Seed of Origin
The speed of light
The Grand Portal
You Trust
Sovereignty
The Unveiled One
Ancient Entity