• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Colour to decorate a ritual space?

scintillating

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
Hi everyone
I'm planning to set up a spare room to use for magical work (LBRP, Middle pillar etc). I will be replacing the roller blind that is currently covering the window and repainting some cupboards. Any suggestions on what colour would be most suitable? The walls are white.

Many thanks for your thoughts on this

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
White is probably the best (neutral). It would be nice if the roller blind that you mentioned is very thick and will make the room fairly dark during daylight.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Oddly enough RF radiation is bad for the human nervous system. Dementia rates have doubled since humans learned to place transmitters (phones) against their brains.

Multiple layers of Al foil on the walls are good, as long as they are earthed. Apartments may need floor and ceilings protected.

I have a Cornet EMF meter that measures RF as well as magnetic and electric fields

Dirty electricity is a problem if grid-connected solar panels are on local houses. The inverters produce non-pure sine waves where sharp changes in voltage (electron acceleration) produce RF radiation.

I use high voltage motor run capacitors in the power circuits to smooth the power - and turn off circuits that are not needed at that time. Commercial devices are available but not very good.

I use a Stetzerizer Microsurge Meter to measure the irregularity in voltage.

My house feels peaceful with the Al foil and capacitors in place - and the nature spirit that sits on my roof is happy too.

Reaction score
Awards
Personally, I have been planning to hang elemental banners as well as Banner of the East and Banner of the West, as soon as I have my own space to work with before I'm dead or of retirement age.

East - Yellow upward pointing triangle with a black line midway horizontally.
South - Red upward pointing triangle.
West - Blue downward facing triangle.
North - Black downward facing triangle with a white line midway horizontally.

The Banner of the East and the Banner of the West are Golden Dawn tools, so that's a separate discussion.

With the element banners, it makes for a splash of color and aids in ritual.

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Look I don't want to actually debate this, it would be a waste of everyone's time, but I'll just say that my opinion is that you don't need to cover your beautiful new temple space in multiple layers of tinfoil or buy expensive monitoring gear. Just so you know there's multiple views on the topic.

Re: colours I would probably go for not pure white, because that can be a bit stark and actually be quite a harsh colour. I would go for a cream or off-white or parchment colour etc, potentially with a highlight wall (contrasting colour) to the east, if you usually face east at your altar.

I love the idea of the elemental banners

Then again, it's your house, you could paint the whole walls in elemental colours if you wanted, or elemental landscapes (desert, beach) if you're artistically inclined, or a Greek portico on one side or whatever. Or you could paint doorways, with a different symbol on each door. Okay I'm just daydreaming for myself now haha.

But okay so a lot of people develop an astral temple, and their in-person space aligns to that. So you might have tall black and white candles in your room, but floor to ceiling black and white pillars in your astral temple. When your astral temple has real world cues and alignments, it can be easier to operate in both simultaneously when you do rituals. So that's what I'd be thinking about.

Reaction score
Awards
I agree, painting your walls in the elemental colors and hanging banners or painting the banners in complementary colors might be a cool idea.

Reaction score
Awards
Hi everyone
I'm planning to set up a spare room to use for magical work (LBRP, Middle pillar etc). I will be replacing the roller blind that is currently covering the window and repainting some cupboards. Any suggestions on what colour would be most suitable? The walls are white.

Many thanks for your thoughts on this
Color coding the walls to the direction (elements, four regents, etc) could be interesting. I have put items on each of the walls (per direction) in a similar fashion that worked well.

White, off-white, neutral-colors is what you usually see in people’s ritual rooms. In the past I’ve seen and used warmer stained wood tones which I personally liked a lot.

When we moved a few years ago and built my current working room we painted the walls and the a-frame ceiling black and we use black out curtains. Which is interestingly how my astral working space was setup as well (to pixel’s point) but I haven’t used that in years. In my current working room, I like the way that the only natural occurring light is from within the circle and that the rest of the room seems to fall away while I’m working.

-Eld

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I like the way that the only natural occurring light is from within the circle and that the rest of the room seems to fall away while I’m working.

A Rainer Maria Rilke poem:

You, Darkness

You, darkness, that I come from
I love you more than all the fires
that fence in the world,
for the fire makes a circle of light for everyone
and then no one outside learns of you.

But the darkness pulls in everything -
shapes and fires, animals and myself,
how easily it gathers them! -
powers and people -

and it is possible a great presence is moving near me.

I have faith in nights.