• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Compendium/List of Ancient Gods and Goddesses

Reaction score
Awards
Ave, Hello.

Im starting a comprehensive list of Gods and Goddesses as a writing assignment for Christopher's "Kabbalah, Magic, and the Great Work of Self-Transformation".

I have so far in concept:
Planetary e.g Lunar
Enochian - Planetary Attributions, Kings and so on down.
(Celestial) e.g. Orions Belt

Akkadian
Babylonian
Cannannite
Celtic
Egyptian
Greek
Roman

What other civilizations would precede these for me to investigate?

Care, Thanks in Advance

Reaction score
Awards
Ave, Hello.

Im starting a comprehensive list of Gods and Goddesses as a writing assignment for Christopher's "Kabbalah, Magic, and the Great Work of Self-Transformation".

I have so far in concept:
Planetary e.g Lunar
Enochian - Planetary Attributions, Kings and so on down.
(Celestial) e.g. Orions Belt

Akkadian
Babylonian
Cannannite
Celtic
Egyptian
Greek
Roman

What other civilizations would precede these for me to investigate?

Care, Thanks in Advance
Also reading Sacred Magic of Ancient Egypt, Voodoo Hoodoo Spellbook for Loa, and possibly the list out of The Satanic Bible to start with, then pore through the Bible and extract names from older bibles that weren't whitewashed.

Reaction score
Awards
Apparently, Akkadian, Babylonian and Sumerian are all under the Mespotamian umbrella. So researching there on wikipedia.
My girlfriend has some Necronomicon related books including a Babylonian Bible, so may borrow that to extract names.
How to test ... evocation?