• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Compendium of God/desses

Reaction score
Awards
An exercise in Lyam Christopher's book for the Neophyte in writing exercises is an ongoing research work through the grades, on god/desses associated with the grade.

What civilizations before the Israelites, Assyrians and Canaanites should I spend more time with, in order to study the oldest civilization or pantheon?

Thanks as always all.

Reaction score
Awards
An exercise in Lyam Christopher's book for the Neophyte in writing exercises is an ongoing research work through the grades, on god/desses associated with the grade.

What civilizations before the Israelites, Assyrians and Canaanites should I spend more time with, in order to study the oldest civilization or pantheon?

Thanks as always all.
Yet if we only deal with a family tree as our study of the relationship between man and deity, what would I likely find, and what should I find?

Vandheer

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards

Thanks as always all.
To be fair you are not gonna find a a pantheon that is older then Sumeria afaik, please do tell me if I am wrong, as I am a sucker for all that ancient. You could also go with Proto-Indo-European, but mind you this is reconstructed so it may be off.

Anything predating these two, you gotta go through a lot of academic mess. But its fun. My land Anatolia for example has looots of things uncovered and is waiting for more. Ever heard of Çatalhüyük? Göbeklitepe?

Öwnchef

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
> My land Anatolia for example has looots of things uncovered and is waiting for more. Ever heard of Çatalhüyük? Göbeklitepe?

Part of my ancestory was Phrygian. They went to the Lorraine and became charcoal makers. Many worked for the Jacobites as assassini. Nice tribe, really.

Reaction score
Awards
Okay, so the reason asked I guess is due to the neophyte dangling from the bottom of the Zelator (earth) dangling from the bottom of Yesod with tav on the Kircher Tree.
Therefore, my research is cut out for me. Not only do I have to know the god/desses of earth, I have to know at least of those not in the earth but gravitating toward earth.

Reaction score
Awards
Thinking I will start with Geb from the Egyptians. And Cernunnos and Brigit for the Kelts. Will look into Mithras as earth, there is one very bovine in nature. Which would correspond with earth.

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
@Vandheer: i like linguistics. Did you notice that one translation of anatolia might be: i am the dew of god. Sadly to me that translates both in dutch and arabic as hot air.
And to make it worse, the goddess from there with all those boobs, got taken over and merged with Nefertiti into 9tieten which is dutch for 9tits. It was a military spyop from just before the turkish inflation.

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Oldest pantheon, i have to agree is at the gates of babylon. Youre an sort of an Irishman in new york, so legend says the irish come from india. Cool old religion there with cartoons for representing a current. Its done on purpose, so its easier to understand and at the same time you know the pic isnt the current as it is too silly. Told to me by a very religious hindu.

So search some info on hinduism, go with your feelings and choose a picture you like, read about its meanings and let yourself get synced into a path towards babylon.

All whats needed is intent and the willingness to see the hints that guide you.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!