• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Book – PDF Complete Magician's Tables (Expanded 5th Edition) - Stephen Skinner

Share a PDF of a book.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
1672778078926.png

An expanded edition of Dr. Stephen Skinner's classic set of tabular correspondences.
Anyone practicing magic won't want to miss this comprehensive book of magician's correspondences. Featuring four times more tables than Aleister Crowley's Liber 777, this is the most complete collection of magician's tables available. This monumental work documents thousands of mystical links-spanning pagan pantheons, Kabbalah, astrology, tarot, I Ching, angels, demons, herbs, perfumes, and more!
The sources of this remarkable compilation range from classic grimoires such as the Sworn Book to modern theories of prime numbers and atomic weights. Data from Peter de Abano, Abbott Trithemium, Albertus Magnus, Cornelius Agrippa, and other prominent scholars is referenced here, in addition to hidden gems found in unpublished medieval grimoires and Kabbalistic works.
Well-organized and easy-to-use, The Complete Magician's Tables can help you understand the vast connections making up our strange and mysterious universe.

Note: This is actually verified to be the expanded 5th edition. It was hard to acquire.

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
It was hard to acquire
Brian Cox Hbo GIF by SuccessionHBO

Bo Hanson

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Thnk you for sharing. This is awesome.

neilwilkes

Apprentice
Reaction score
Thank you for this share - it seems to be an invaluable book, so I just ordered a physical hardcover copy for a mere £40, delivered.
If it were not for this share however I would not have known this 5th edition even existed, so yet again many thanks for the share.
Post automatically merged:

Book delivered this morning, and it is a beautiful job too. The PDF simply does not really do it justice - nothing for me can equal the sheer joy of a physical hardcover book that is beautifully bound and a large 'Thank You' to Dr Skinner.

One query though.
The Agrippa material is apparently from the Donald Tyson edition, yet there is a new translation done by Eric Purdue that utterly supersedes all previous editions, as apparently Tyson made errors when he relied on the 'JF' translations - I do not (as yet) know if these errors have been included in the tables in the 5th edition here, but will try to ascertain this.
I can also HIGHLY recommend
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
as well.
All students really should have this invaluable work.

Last edited:

cwoolfol11

Visitor
Reaction score
View attachment 211

An expanded edition of Dr. Stephen Skinner's classic set of tabular correspondences.
Anyone practicing magic won't want to miss this comprehensive book of magician's correspondences. Featuring four times more tables than Aleister Crowley's Liber 777, this is the most complete collection of magician's tables available. This monumental work documents thousands of mystical links-spanning pagan pantheons, Kabbalah, astrology, tarot, I Ching, angels, demons, herbs, perfumes, and more!
The sources of this remarkable compilation range from classic grimoires such as the Sworn Book to modern theories of prime numbers and atomic weights. Data from Peter de Abano, Abbott Trithemium, Albertus Magnus, Cornelius Agrippa, and other prominent scholars is referenced here, in addition to hidden gems found in unpublished medieval grimoires and Kabbalistic works.
Well-organized and easy-to-use, The Complete Magician's Tables can help you understand the vast connections making up our strange and mysterious universe.

Note: This is actually verified to be the expanded 5th edition. It was hard to acquire.

* Hidden text: cannot be quoted. *
thanks for the help

ThomsonI

Visitor
Reaction score
I'm sorry but I have a hard copy of the fifth edition sitting right here in my lap. The publication date for the fifth edition is 2015, not 2006. The expanded fifth edition is 497 pages and includes (among others) tables M73 and M74 (on headwords and nomina barbara from the PGM) as well as N21 and N22 (about incenses and other plant materials in the PGM). This PDF is an earlier edition.

Looking at the introduction of the fifth edition, where it explains changes that were made in each edition, this is the first edition. The second edition added (mong other things) column B15 (directions of the Buddhas), third edition added A45-57 (mostly material from Sepher Raziel), and so on.

Thank you for this share - it seems to be an invaluable book, so I just ordered a physical hardcover copy for a mere £40, delivered.
If it were not for this share however I would not have known this 5th edition even existed, so yet again many thanks for the share.

Book delivered this morning, and it is a beautiful job too. The PDF simply does not really do it justice - nothing for me can equal the sheer joy of a physical hardcover book that is beautifully bound and a large 'Thank You' to Dr Skinner.

One query though.
The Agrippa material is apparently from the Donald Tyson edition, yet there is a new translation done by Eric Purdue that utterly supersedes all previous editions, as apparently Tyson made errors when he relied on the 'JF' translations - I do not (as yet) know if these errors have been included in the tables in the 5th edition here, but will try to ascertain this.
I can also HIGHLY recommend
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
as well.
All students really should have this invaluable work.
According to Purdue's intro, JF completely bungled the technical vocabulary in the astrological sections of Agrippa, as well as botanical and animal names. That said, he doesn't mention the lunar mansions or decans in particular. It looks like the points of comparison would be Book II Chapter 37 with table H59 (decans), Book II Chapter 46 with tables H45-46 (lunar mansions), and Book II Chapter 47 with tables H73-76 (Behenian stars).

Glancing over the first half of II.37, I see that that there's a small difference in for the second face of Aries. In Purdue, the lady is stretching out a foot, where JF/Tyson/Skinner (henceforth just "JF") has her clothing stretching over her feet. The first face of Taurus is described as a nude man digging in Purdue, without JF/Skinner's mentions of him also being an archer or husbandman. The first face of Gemini is holding a twig in Purdue and a rod in JF/Skinner. The second face of Leo has his hands raised in Purdue but not JF, and appears to concern lawsuits specifically (rather than quarrels in general). The third face of Leo has a man with a violent, sad, and ugly face, while JF only only mentions sadness and "an ill aspect." Moved on after this, probably more errors.

On to the first page of II.46, JF decided that the lance in the first mansion's image is supposed to be small, a detail not found in Purdue. For the third mansion, JF has the lady's hand specifically on her head where Purdue has it generally over her head. The fifth mansion's image is perfumed with Sandalwood (probably Santalum Album) in Purdue and [Red] Sanders (Pterocarpus Santalinus) in JF.

On to the first page of II.47, Caput Algol's image is supposed to be bearded, which JF omits. JF omits that Canis major can be made in the image of a hare.

That said, it doesn't render JF or the CMT useless, depending on what you're using it for and why.

Last edited:

Omnia

Visitor
Reaction score
I am confused:
  • The attached pic of the cover clearly shows "5th edition"
  • The downloaded book's cover looks different, and doesn't indicate "5th edition"
Please, somebody, help me understand, why. I am a bit scattered, please forgive me if I am asking something that is obvious for everyone else.

ThomsonI

Visitor
Reaction score
I am confused:
  • The attached pic of the cover clearly shows "5th edition"
  • The downloaded book's cover looks different, and doesn't indicate "5th edition"
Please, somebody, help me understand, why. I am a bit scattered, please forgive me if I am asking something that is obvious for everyone else.
The PDF is not the fifth edition, it's the first. I explain in more detail in a prior post.

FraterDeweyDecimilus

On Probation
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
View attachment 211

* Hidden text: cannot be quoted. *
Very handy to have