• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Conformal Cyclic Cosmology – My scientific stance on the origin and fate of the universe.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
First of all, I want to disclaim that I don't just have one stance on creation and post-universe ponderings. I do consider creation, though almost never in the same vein as those ideas put forwards by most modern/organized religions. Even when it comes to scientific explanations, this only happens to be my favorite. I do subscribe to several other schools of thought.

I'm posting about this one because it is my favorite, and it is also the easiest one to give to some modern religious nutjob who asks me stupid questions like, "If the universe came from nothing, then god could come from nothing too :sneaky: ... so where did the universe come from?"

This video is a brief explainer by PBS Space Time, which is one of my all time favorite mainstream science shows. It's not overly dumbed down, doesn't engage in fringe science garbage, and is extremely approachable by those who have no scientific background:
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

However, if you are truly interested in understanding CCC, I suggest you read Penrose's books, and the paper if you are scientifically/mathematically adept.

Roma

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
The ancient Hindus used time measurements down to 0.3 millionths of a second and up to 300 trillion years. I wonder why.

They also had the term Pralaya to describe the gap between a universe going out of existence and the arrival of the next (version of the) universe

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
The ancient Hindus used time measurements down to 0.3 millionths of a second and up to 300 trillion years. I wonder why.

They also had the term Pralaya to describe the gap between a universe going out of existence and the arrival of the next (version of the) universe

Holy shit, very interesting. I'll look into this more.

Pestifer Mundi

Magic Larper
Reaction score
Awards

This is amazing, I've never heard of any ancient civilization that did anything like this with their language

Why would they even go that far.

The weirdest part is measurements in the millionths, what could they even perceive that size to even bother to quantify it.

Holy shit, very interesting. I'll look into this more.
Randomly stumbled upon Theosophy today because of a conversation on the forum about astral projection

Asked for a pdf download, there's only a paid version online so I went searching for free stuff as always lol

Went to archive.org and searched "astral" which led HP Blavatsky and Theosophy. I noticed sanskrit symbols in her book and found out that the religion takes its knowledge from ancient eastern esotericism

So it is very much connected to what I'm searching for

(Searched "Theosophy" on the site and found this old thread, sorry for the necro lol)

Roma

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
The Hindus perhaps had discovered that clairvoyance is able to slow down and speed up time perception so as to enable very detailed observation of events

The ancient Hindus provided detailed maintenance instruction for the mercury engines driving their space craft