• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] Consciousness as power

Everyone's got one.

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Hello all,

I had an incredibly terrifying yet also incredibly detailed and complex nightmare last night where I cannot even translate it into words because it was just so foreign from normal life.

After waking up from this dream, I appreciated just how powerful the human consciousness is, to be able to craft worlds even those much different than the ones we spent our entire lives in, and put all these moving parts in them that all work together to make the dreamscape work.

I firmly believe our consciousness is the reason we are so powerful and have success in magick. Angels loathe our capacity for free thinking and demons fear us, as we are all emanations of the divine mind living in reality which ultimately is a projection of its mind, all other consciousnesses exists within it.

I have had similar conversations with others on this forum about this, but this epiphany hit me like a train this morning all at once.

please feel free to share thoughts and opinions.

Reaction score
Awards
the human consciousness is just consciousness, its the same consciousness as the eagle the air and the sun, all of the universe is conscious expression in infinite form, to the degree you can control your consciousness(awareness) you can control how reality expresses around you, there is no other reality than the one that is consciously being expressed, if you are the most powerful conscious energy in a situation then you influence other realities, if you are an exceedingly powerful conscious energy you can alter reality in seemingly miraculous ways in every moment

belief in demons and other super natural beings is remnants of darkness, i suggest moving on, you are the most powerful being in the universe that you know of

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
the human consciousness is just consciousness, its the same consciousness as the eagle the air and the sun, all of the universe is conscious expression in infinite form, to the degree you can control your consciousness(awareness) you can control how reality expresses around you, there is no other reality than the one that is consciously being expressed, if you are the most powerful conscious energy in a situation then you influence other realities, if you are an exceedingly powerful conscious energy you can alter reality in seemingly miraculous ways in every moment

belief in demons and other super natural beings is remnants of darkness, i suggest moving on, you are the most powerful being in the universe that you know of
Agree with most of this, except there definitely are other forms of consciousness higher and lower and I do not think humans are the most powerful beings in the universe.

Reaction score
Awards
the universe, as a mechanism, is quite simple to understand, electric charge forms material that expresses consciousness as to its ability

complexity comes from infinite diversity, in the perfect future everything is at rest, as that everything projects into the past to become our reality the forms go from perfect to imperfect, the one perfect oak tree becomes infinite imperfect variations, all of them growing toward perfection, expressing over time as experience, and those many imperfections some see as beauty or ugliness as they will, fascinated by the individual object, the difference, but under it all there is just simple energy flow, magnetic eddys form materials which self organize under the rules of nature, each life form from the rock to the human is made of these few materials

the illusion of complexity comes from being able to discern the imperfect from the perfect, there are no straight lines in nature but we look for them everywhere

VoxNoctifer

Neophyte
Reaction score
I like to say that we are walking radiants of energy. Physically, our very biological cells hold electrical properties, and there is a spiritual counterpart to this energy within us - metaphysical to compliment the physical - we simply need to master it and know how to channel and direct it toward a specific purpose. I like to think of our bodies as synergistic catalysts that both receive and manifest energy.

This allows us to harmonize and/or have an exchange with other spirits, and when we presence this energy in ritual we are willing our consciousness to alter our reality in accordance with our goals. In that way, we are creating and changing things, it's just that many tend not to think of it that way. Subjectively speaking, one is capable of creating worlds within worlds.

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
I appreciated just how powerful the human consciousness is, to be able to craft worlds even those much different than the ones we spent our entire lives in, and put all these moving parts in them that all work together to make the dreamscape work.
I would counter this by suggesting the possibility that your Mind is experiencing and interacting with the Astral, not creating dreamscapes entirely within your physical brain. Remembering a vivid dream brings the memories of the Astral to our waking consciousness, which again isn't entirely within the physical brain. Waking consciousness is strongly tied to the physical senses, otherwise we would die very quickly. It is quite a privilege to partake of a physical plane life and yet come to understand who you are.

As Lon Milo DuQuette wrote, "It's all in your head ... you just have no idea how big your head is."

RoccoR

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
RE: Consciousness as Power
SUBTOPIC: The presumption of the connection between "Consciousness" and "Power."
※→ et al,
There are direct relationships between Power (P), Voltage (V), Current Flow (I) and Resistance (R). As a general rule, "Power" is measured in "Watts."

The voltage it takes to jump the membrains in the bioelectric transactions is in the range between -40mV and -80mV; with a pulse swing of between
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
. When terms like awakening, alertness, and environmental orientation, these are the characteristic of what is called consciousness.
SOURCE: Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary, Edition 23, © 2017 • by F.A. Davis Company • Philadelphia PA • pg 543

Consciousness is a bioelectric and chemical signaling at the neuron level. There is every little about the process that is mysterious.

1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R

RoccoR

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
RE: Consciousness as Power
SUBTOPIC: The Presumption
※→ Bandaboy, et al,

I concur with krs, consciousness is just consciousness.
(COMMENT)

I'm not sure that even the brightest of us know what "consciousness" (or "sentients") is... We can detect levels of consciousness, but we cannot capture its essence or induce it.

1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R

Reaction score
Awards
agreed, we are the process of consciousness, the expression, which means we can never observe consciousness fundamentally, but also true is that there is only just one conscious experience, positing alternate realities without any evidence is insanity, scientists dont even understand 95% of the visible universe but theorize that there are many universes, the multiverse, which is meaningless scientifically

Reaction score
Awards
Im still trying to compare the figures of the Hemi Sync Gateway Experience to the figures in Eight Extraordinary Meridians. Both are a form of consciousness, the first trying to manipulate the mind and thus the physical reality around the mind. Eight Extraordinary Meridian through Qi Gong can shield a person. What is consciousness? What is expanded consciousness for that matter? Insights?
Post automatically merged:

Hello all,

I had an incredibly terrifying yet also incredibly detailed and complex nightmare last night where I cannot even translate it into words because it was just so foreign from normal life.

After waking up from this dream, I appreciated just how powerful the human consciousness is, to be able to craft worlds even those much different than the ones we spent our entire lives in, and put all these moving parts in them that all work together to make the dreamscape work.

I firmly believe our consciousness is the reason we are so powerful and have success in magick. Angels loathe our capacity for free thinking and demons fear us, as we are all emanations of the divine mind living in reality which ultimately is a projection of its mind, all other consciousnesses exists within it.

I have had similar conversations with others on this forum about this, but this epiphany hit me like a train this morning all at once.

please feel free to share thoughts and opinions.
Im not so sure there is any divine intelligence, wisdom, or consciousness. I think Elvis ("God") checked out from the Hotel.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Awards
What I was getting at is the mysterious disappearance of "God". To answer your question, even though I dont know you, yes, Ive had several traumas over my decades. How about you? Ever been in any situations close to mine? Probably not, right?

Reaction score
Awards
i dont know what situations you are referring to, yes i have had trauma over the years, several near death experiences, the last one took three years to recover, none of it damaged my brain though, i am just like this, thank my crazy mom

if you have mental issues it is nothing to make fun of, i am being up front with you man, your posting style and the thoughts you have make it seem like you are struggling too hard, like you are desperate to be something you are not and it is irritating you, a journey without a destination, and then you go off on the whole "muh godz is dead" thing

i wanted to know if you are coherent enough to reply to, i will reply to a chat bot if it makes me feel good, but i dont want to waste time trying to figure out what your posts mean if you are just a loon

if your god has disappeared then that is on you, there is only one god energy in the universe and i assure you it isnt going anywhere

Wintruz

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I draw a different theological conclusion from it, but, yes, consciousness is the true source of magic, whether that's the magic of taking the raw material we find around us and reassembling it into tools and art that we've imagined or the extension of Will into changing future outcomes. Having exhilarating moments like the dream you describe, moments of re-awareness, always cause me to ask why magicians spend so much time trying to extract energy from elementals, spirits, correspondences, etc. when the most powerful thing in the universe is the very tool they're using to get magic from externalised concepts!

Things get really odd when we look at why consciousness should have arisen at all in humans to the degree that it has. I love most non-human animals and honour their consciousness but we do have this power in far higher concentrations. When we look at the evolution of natural faculties, such as flight, those faculties are never limited to one species. Yet human consciousness has no parallel in any other species that we yet know to exist. No other species has even gotten so far as a page of writing of any sort, let alone Hamlet. We have a difficult time observing intelligent use of rock tools in our closest relatives, yet we've visited the Moon.

The film 2001: A Space Odyssey is the perfect expression of this oddness and if anyone walks away from that film without a chill down their spine it's because they didn't "get it".

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards

I thought that till I picked a fight with Ronnie Schott in kindergarten.

Seriously, there are vast numbers of beings that outgun me. From the BATF, FBI, et al on the one hand to demons and the Nekelah on the other. My job is to avoid naive hubris, pick my spots, and divine how to steer between these many many Scyllae and Charybdioi. My consciousness is a tool for that; it's not universal kryptonite across all nine worlds.

Reaction score
Awards
Well, there is or are three to four four forms of consciousness, subconsciousness, conscious/self consciousness, and superconsciousness. if we add Cosmic Consciousness there are four to five forms of consciousness.
Each is it's own beast.
I get what you're saying about night terrors and appreciation of consciousness.

Vandheer

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
The film 2001: A Space Odyssey is the perfect expression of this oddness and if anyone walks away from that film without a chill down their spine it's because they didn't "get it".
One thing that I always found odd is how there was a wormhole in Saturn out of all planets, its Jupiter in the movie but Kubrick thought he couldn't make the rings with that technology. In the novel the big monolith is in Saturns orbit.

Dave just comes out ascended as if you turn into an acausal being after you are done with Saturn in the septanary system. Real odd coincidence.