• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] Consciousness as power

Everyone's got one.

Robert Ramsay

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
I believe that magic is an 'exploit' of the process of normal human consciousness.

Normally, our consciousness makes choices, which we act on, to shape our lives. Magic is the same, but the 'action' that results in the outcome is internal.

Anziel_Merkaba

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Hello all,

I had an incredibly terrifying yet also incredibly detailed and complex nightmare last night where I cannot even translate it into words because it was just so foreign from normal life.

After waking up from this dream, I appreciated just how powerful the human consciousness is, to be able to craft worlds even those much different than the ones we spent our entire lives in, and put all these moving parts in them that all work together to make the dreamscape work.

I firmly believe our consciousness is the reason we are so powerful and have success in magick. Angels loathe our capacity for free thinking and demons fear us, as we are all emanations of the divine mind living in reality which ultimately is a projection of its mind, all other consciousnesses exists within it.

I have had similar conversations with others on this forum about this, but this epiphany hit me like a train this morning all at once.

please feel free to share thoughts and opinions.
Congratulations, you just figured out that The All is The Mind. Welcome to Hermeticism.