• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Book Discussion Consorting with Spirits: Your Guide to Working with Invisible Allies by Jason Miller

Talk about a book(s)

bgshawn499

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards

About​

Throughout history, humans have sought power and knowledge from spirits. Learning how to conjure, communicate, and negotiate with these unseen powers is one of the keys to success in magic.

Consorting with Spirits presents a detailed explanation of what spirits are, their different classifications, and how they exist in relation to the world we normally perceive. The reader will then learn a system of practices that will cultivate three main skills: The capacity to perceive spirits clearly, the ability to interact with them effectively, and the tools to deepen your relationships. It is this focus on deepening relationships and increasing clarity in communications that has been missing from much of the material about spirits.

This book will teach you different ways of interacting with spirits, from offerings and invitations to forceful conjurations. With these tools in hand, you can work with your spirit allies to achieve any goal, from protection, to wealth, to vast knowledge.

Consorting with Spirits shares:
  • Proper training necessary for calling and conversing with spirits.
  • How to evaluate the messages you receive.
  • A full view of different modes of contact and what situations each mode lends itself to
  • Why the best sorcery is local.
  • The tools to establish and maintain a long-term relationship with spirits (consorting).
  • The 6 different manifestations of spirits and their corresponding magickal operations, qualities, benefits, and drawbacks.
  • The 4 methods of interacting with spirits: prayer, conjuring, compelling, and evocation.

Buy​

Paperback:
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Kindle:
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Download​

* Hidden text: cannot be quoted. *

Note: Early-access for Benefactors, will be released to all registered users in the coming days.
I wanted to drop a quick review on Jason Millers book, "Consorting with Spirits, Your Guide to Working with Invisible Allies." I've read many of Jason's books. If you've read any number of them, you already know that some are definitely better than others. My review of this book is simply WOW! This is a book I definitely wish I had to reference when I started my journey down the rabbit hole of Necromancy & Demonology. To the layman, this book should defiantly provide from top to bottom a Boot Camp that you should walk away from in some ways with the necessary tools, and a well-rounded understanding of what it takes to conjure spirits, the necessary steps to be successful. And most importantly a solid foundation for the reader to continue to build on. Whether you're a Ceremonial Magician, a Demonologist , or possibly thinking about dipping your toes into some Goetic work, one thing I can honestly say is, "Consorting with Spirits" has priceless tidbits of info for just about everyone.
There's only one small thing about this book that I'd like to see changed. And simply put the entire book has not one chapter on, "Protection Magick "Rituals." I've watched several of Jason Miller's videos concerning his book, "Consorting with Spirits." And on almost every occasion someone always acknowledges the 300LB Elephant in the room. But when it boils down to it every single time, without a doubt Jason Miller always has the same powerful answer that always seems to leave the Croud satisfied. And simply put, very easily understood. Jason's answer is , "For those who aren't happy I didn't include a protection chapter in my new book". I suggest you go read my last book, "Protection and Reversal Magic" That book is also huge Jem." Protection and Reversal Magic, will give you all the tools you'll possibly need, as well as the confidence it takes to finally get your ass off the armchair, jump in with two feel and start to get your hands dirty.

Respect To All My WF .
God Bless Goodnight!

Pyrokar

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Review so good there's literally nothing else to say or add :ROFLMAO:
Jason Miller the GOAT in the making.

bgshawn499

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Yes I Agree, That's What Happens When Your Posting On Forums At 4:20AM❗❗❗😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣
😍🍀💨🔥😍🍀💨🔥😍🍀💨🔥

Xenophon

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Does he say anything about possible invisible enemies? That's my personal test of a book. I mean why should a more powerful being be willing to help me? Like histrionic leading men Holly- and Bollywood over, "What's his motivation here?" On the other hand, I'm fresh meat strayed into aethereal Hollwood Boulevard's 2:00 a.m. mean street, yeah I'm gonna draw unfriendly attention like a blondie-boy runaway attracts chickenhawk daddies. Call this my paranoiac-critical method (and appy-polly loggies to Salavador Dali for the plagiarism.)

bgshawn499

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I don't recall it discussion any invisible enemies. Unless one considers Spirits & Demon's to be said, "Invisible Enemies⁉️⁉️⁉️"
I've only seen a Demon physically manifest once during invocation.
He does cover the importance of doing rituals correctly or there's definitely risk of something unforseen happening.

Why should a more powerful being help us, and what's there motivation is also a good question. There's a few ways to look at that. I've heard it referred to as the, Carrot & The Stick Method. What I've learned and believe is when involving or evoking spirits , if done correctly the said , "Spirits & Demon's are compelled to listen to the magician." If you perform the rituals incorrectly you may be viewed as Uninitiated by the spirits. And nine times out of ten they're not going to show and or listen to anything you have to say. I've heard Spirits compared to wild animals, and working with them compared to taming horses. Works with spirits is a science, if the rituals are done correctly then you'll see results. I've never tamed a horse, but if you know what your doing I'm sure you'll get results. When performing rituals we use robes, we wear crowns, we wear jewelry and talismans, we have swords and daggers. If things are done correctly the spirits believe that we're royalty. They think of us as great magicians, for example if we threaten to lock them in the deepest pits of Hell if they don't obey us our threats are taking seriously. I by far still have lots to learn. But from what I've seen and heard with my own eyes and ears. I can report that what I've learned, the rituals that I've performed. When done correctly works for some reason.
Consorting With Spirit's is a great book, and has some great information, especially for someone that's new to Magick. It's basically written like a, "Working With Spirit's 101 Book."
Hopefully I answered some of your questions. If you haven't read the book, and you're interested in working with spirits I definitely won't recommend adding it to your collection.
Respectfully,
Shawn S

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
why should a more powerful being be willing to help me

More powerful beings help me all the time. Not counting friends, or any situation where there's an existing relationship that would explain why they are willing to help me.

Like, people recommend me for jobs. A couple of very powerful beings have taken time out of their day to explain how the TV industry works [i work in TV these days], to improve my chances of getting and keeping work.

When I was just starting out in my previous career, a being who had hired me to do freelance work for him told me that I was underquoting, and that I should charge more. Charge HIM more. He was much more powerful than me at that time, in terms of status.

When I needed medication that wasn't on the list of publicly subsidised (ie affordable) medications, a powerful being bent the rules so I could access it. They really didn't need to, it put them at risk and they got no benefit from it, but I suppose since they were a spirit related to healing, it was in line with their self-identity to help.

A being who was more powerful than me once intervened to stop me being attacked by a different powerful being. (I'm a small-ish woman, a lot of beings are more powerful than me in a physical contest.) He was a stranger, he could have kept walking.

A lot of other situations that would require too much context, especially while keeping up the "powerful being" gimmick

But I really have only listed situations where the person was of much higher status than me in the relevant area, we didn't have a pre-existing relationship and they got nothing out of helping me.

One answer is: I don't know why, but it just seems to be a thing beings do.

The doctor situation might be insightful too. She is a doctor, that is probably an important part of her identity, she wants to be someone who helps patients. Helping me reinforced her identity. That's also probably true of the guy who saved me from being attacked, and the career help. They helped me in ways that aligned with and reinforced their identities.

That's just speculation. Basically though: my experience is that it's not rare for powerful beings to help less powerful beings for no particular reason. Of course not all of them! Not even the majority of them! But you don't need help from the majority of powerful beings, just one or two, here and there.