• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Could parsite be blocking my spells from working?

Mage

Apprentice
Joined
Jan 24, 2022
Messages
50
Reaction score
28
Do you think a parasite if blocking my spells from working?

If so is there anything I can do to get rid of parasites?
 

Ignotus

Apprentice
Joined
Jul 9, 2026
Messages
81
Reaction score
330
Awards
2
Sometimes the parasite is called self sabotage and is living in your head

Your current state of emotions, doubts, conflicts, things happening in your life etc. can sabotage your workings. Try to rule out all the mundane or personal possibilities first
 

ahathoor

Zealot
Joined
Jun 14, 2026
Messages
107
Reaction score
131
Awards
1
I'm not sure how I feel about using labels like "parasite", I've seen and known things that put a lot of such typical new age labeling of harmful spirits in a different light (foolish, harmful, and possibly deeply immoral)...

Anyway, I believe "is my magic not working due to negative spiritual influence" is a valid question, and simply considering the answer to be true can lead one to solutions, regardless of whether it was one's own fears, or someone's curse, or an "evil" spirit sucking one's blood, or in the case of all of these being the same thing.

I'm very much a skeptic, and a proponent of building good "discernment", but in many cases it can develop into a very post-Enlightenment western positivist slicing-and-dicing mentality. "Make sure it's not X before thinking of Y" implies that Y can't be also X, or X can't "cause" Y.

Ie. if someone is cursed, only on the rarest occasion will they burst into fire in an open street, and be dragged to hell by screaming banshees. Maybe instead their emotional weaknesses become more emphasized, and their vices become harder to control. The post-Enlightenment mage might say "you're not cursed, you're just a neurotic asshole"... but what if being a neurotic asshole is the curse? ;)
 

PearApple

Neophyte
Joined
Jun 5, 2026
Messages
5
Reaction score
4
I think it depends wether you believe the parasite is of the physical realm or the spirit-realm. I have no answers for the spiritual realm but would suggest purifying spells/rituals. If you believe it is of the physical, you should take wormwood, black walnut hulls and cloves everyday 3 times for 14 days. Use a charcoal binder so you won't get sick as your body completely cleanses itself from these creatures. You will notice a big difference in your life.
 
Joined
Sep 29, 2026
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I think it depends wether you believe the parasite is of the physical realm or the spirit-realm. I have no answers for the spiritual realm but would suggest purifying spells/rituals. If you believe it is of the physical, you should take wormwood, black walnut hulls and cloves everyday 3 times for 14 days. Use a charcoal binder so you won't get sick as your body completely cleanses itself from these creatures. You will notice a big difference in your life.
I agree with you on this completely. A physical parasite like a tapeworm could drain your physical energy due to dietary intake depletion, which could reduce your focus resulting in a spell that may not work or work as well as desired.
Or do you think you are frequently in the presence of perhaps an energy vampire, or spirit that may be draining you? I don’t think I’ve heard of one feeding directly from spell work (I could definitely be wrong) but instead feeding on your fortitude, your focus, and your wellbeing which just like a physical parasite could be inhibiting your spellwork.
 
Top