• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Could you theoretically use an ouija board to contact a daemon?

Reaction score
@Telafiel & @Aeternus (anyone else for that matter): Any thoughts as to why ouijia boards seem to function so often as conduits for everything negative spiritually? One hears two kinds of oiujia stories. The one, like what you guys wrote. One starts using the board, gets interesting answers, THEN the shite starts in increasingly high-pressured squirts. The other kind of story---mostly on dicey Satanists sites---remind one of the beat up ol' biker, "I know drugs can't kill you. Lookit me: I tried everything and I'm still alive!"

My query is why so many negative tales start out, " I bought this ouijia board and..." Other forms of divination get criticized for not working reliably. Ouijia for response-overload. One wonders why? The device itself? The people who use it (often beginners)? Or...?
That's a damn good question. We used to sell Ouija Boards until we started getting phone calls from people saying things like "The Ouija board just told me to kill my dog. What should I do?" It could be because people that use them don't protect themselves or try to identify the spirit the way we do. There was a book we used to sell called 'Ouija, the most dangerous game.' It's advice was that if you're going to use one, cast a circle around you as we would do. I think there's not much point to using them. It's easier and quicker just to talk to spirits.

Xenophon

Magister
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
That's a damn good question. We used to sell Ouija Boards until we started getting phone calls from people saying things like "The Ouija board just told me to kill my dog. What should I do?" It could be because people that use them don't protect themselves or try to identify the spirit the way we do. There was a book we used to sell called 'Ouija, the most dangerous game.' It's advice was that if you're going to use one, cast a circle around you as we would do. I think there's not much point to using them. It's easier and quicker just to talk to spirits.
Dang. That's a harsh tale. I suppose I'd ask the dog owner, "What would you do if your new boyfriend told you to kill your dog?" Time to ghost that whole relationship.

Reaction score
Dang. That's a harsh tale. I suppose I'd ask the dog owner, "What would you do if your new boyfriend told you to kill your dog?" Time to ghost that whole relationship.
Oh it gets weirder. We had a middle-aged man whose Board told him that the daughter of a neighbour was going to be raped and killed outside a flexy-teller machine on the main street. So he rang the family and told them. Next thing, he gets a call from the police telling him not to contact the family again. We just told him not to come back. I refuse to do ritual with anyone that's been playing with a Ouija Board.

Asteriskos

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Oh it gets weirder. We had a middle-aged man whose Board told him that the daughter of a neighbour was going to be raped and killed outside a flexy-teller machine on the main street. So he rang the family and told them. Next thing, he gets a call from the police telling him not to contact the family again. We just told him not to come back. I refuse to do ritual with anyone that's been playing with a Ouija Board.
There are Lots of references in this thread about "Preliminary Precautions", ad nauseam, but people just don't seem to "get it", go figure!