• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Curses? Or just bad luck?

Friggasdottir

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
I was curious about this after reading one of Jason Miller's books wherein he spoke of people who have had one misfortune after another being the victims of curses. I know a lady who is just one of the most incredible human beings you can imagine. I work for a chiropractor managing the office and this lady is always a burst of positive energy when she comes in. But lately she has had two fires, one in a barn that destroyed all her vehicles and recreational vehicles (her family is fairly well off) one on a barn in which hay combusted after it was put away not completely dry, a house break-in, a flooded basement, etc. These things have all taken place in a 6 to 8 week period and she is distraught thinking that insurance will think she is trying to defraud them, when in actuality she and her family have just had a run of really bad luck. After all this, it got me thinking, could someone have cursed her, maybe some envious, nasty person , jealous of her personal fortune? We aren't taught nowadays to think in these terms, and this lady, being Christian, I'm sure has not contemplated this angle. How do you know when it's a curse or just really bad luck? I feel for her, because, like I said, she is a great person Her whole family is and very well liked by many.

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
A skilled diviner could look into it, but the problem that can give is that it could feed a hopelessness if she is told "hey you are cursed".
I have had strings of bad luck (not to the extent you mentioned) and the only thing I do is banish and motivate myself by affirming that I am the one in control and if someone is working against me they are going to fail. This is the advice I would give if the person was a witch/wizard herself, and build up her self esteem, but I'm not sure how I would say the same thing to a "normal" person. Especially if she herself hasn't come to you saying she thinks she is cursed.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Some humans live on land that is not appropriate for that use.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I wonder if the original native inhabitants of the landscape are quite happy with the current use of that piece of land.

Where I live, the spirits of earlier inhabitants can still be felt guarding their sacred sites. They may recognize descendants/reincarnations of invaders/settlers that took that area.

Those spirits do not necessarily have a cosmic perspective and may need assistance to adjust to the current planetary cycle.

In the case you described, perhaps there would be value in recognizing the spirits of the traditional owners of the land and giving heart-light to the remaining spirits

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Lon Milo Duquette has an interesting comment on this. He notes that a bad run may be an attack, or it just MIGHT be simple cause and effect catching up with you. I had a bad run a while back right after I launched what I thought was a well-merited curse. Now, the events could have been simple results of mundane causes (let's drop "karma," which is mostly verbal cosplay.) Still, given the timing I undertook a series of redoubled ritual protections. Revamped my curse methodology as well to close chinks in the armor.

Bottom line? The "attack" on me might just have been a lifetime of questionable habits catching up, along with the economy and mere mischance. Still I responded like the threat was real. Like in the Army: the rustle in the grass at night MIGHT just be a stray cat, but you go on alert anyway. A circumspect paranoia represents a needful survival skill. I take precautions if anything doesn't feel right. Like ol' De Niro said in the movie, "If there's any doubt, don't doubt."

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
let's drop "karma," which is mostly verbal cosplay.

I normally see minor personal karma as a grey crescent of energy from the left shoulder to the left hip. Major karma is more like a sphere surrounding the human

Group karma usually has horizontal striations connecting the clouds around members of the group

Planetary karma may look like an upwelling in the individual since it is implicit in the very substance of the human's lightbody

I was quite surprised to see a woman ask the planetary lords of karma (lipika lords) to take away some of her karma and they did immediately. I was not touching the situation as I was not sure how reliable she was - but apparently she qualified

a lifetime of questionable habits catching up

That does sound karmic

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I normally see minor personal karma as a grey crescent of energy from the left shoulder to the left hip. Major karma is more like a sphere surrounding the human

Group karma usually has horizontal striations connecting the clouds around members of the group

Planetary karma may look like an upwelling in the individual since it is implicit in the very substance of the human's lightbody

I was quite surprised to see a woman ask the planetary lords of karma (lipika lords) to take away some of her karma and they did immediately. I was not touching the situation as I was not sure how reliable she was - but apparently she qualified

That does sound karmic
Why say "karmic"? is all I'm saying. In my youth, I liked drinking too much. Throughout my life ate for pleasure not health. So when arteries clogged I saw simple cause and effect. (And lost 20 pounds, quit meat & sweets, etc. as truly dangerous rituals.)

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I test for karmic energy.

For example: if the Lipika Lords are paying attention then the energy usually comes under their jurisdiction at some level/scale

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

The point of testing for karmic energy is that release of a karmic condition/problem usually requires adjusted relationships both internally and externally. Use of force is generally ineffective.

Baal

Bigus Dikus
Reaction score
You could give her a prayer which returns any curses back to the sender just in case. Being a christian she wont have a problem saying a prayer.

Challis

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Heavysm has done a piece on angelic and god forms to call upon to deal with curses. Check out his posts. They're very consistent and helpful

BloodOfBakula

Neophyte
Reaction score
I was curious about this after reading one of Jason Miller's books wherein he spoke of people who have had one misfortune after another being the victims of curses. I know a lady who is just one of the most incredible human beings you can imagine. I work for a chiropractor managing the office and this lady is always a burst of positive energy when she comes in. But lately she has had two fires, one in a barn that destroyed all her vehicles and recreational vehicles (her family is fairly well off) one on a barn in which hay combusted after it was put away not completely dry, a house break-in, a flooded basement, etc. These things have all taken place in a 6 to 8 week period and she is distraught thinking that insurance will think she is trying to defraud them, when in actuality she and her family have just had a run of really bad luck. After all this, it got me thinking, could someone have cursed her, maybe some envious, nasty person , jealous of her personal fortune? We aren't taught nowadays to think in these terms, and this lady, being Christian, I'm sure has not contemplated this angle. How do you know when it's a curse or just really bad luck? I feel for her, because, like I said, she is a great person Her whole family is and very well liked by many.

I'm sorry, but that's too many life-affecting events in little over a month.

The two barn fires sounds if family members were sloppy, having rushed to be somewhere else.

It would be interesting to know what was damaged and/or taken, during the home invasion. (This could gives clues to whether she's been cursed.) Was the flooded basement caused by a storm or they just didn't/couldn't fix old pipes?

You don't want to roll-up on a Christian, and tell them they're cursed ( or could be ), since they will act awkward towards you while tripping over everything in getting away from you. ( Don't be an asshole, like me, and project horns while talking. )

Since the original post was in July, who is this woman doing? Has anything else happened?

Friggasdottir

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Sorry, I've been super busy.Yes I've communicated with her and things are still going on. Her husband was bitten by a brown recluse a couple of weeks ago. Thankfully he's going to be OK. But now I have things even closer to home to worry about. A bit of background. My 19 year old son has been seeing a girl who comes from a druggie family and she seems to have abuse issues. Aside from the obvious fact that this is an ill advised relationship to get in (believe me, I've tried to give advice) she has also been belittling, emotionally abusing him and gaslighting him. After a horrendous breakup in which my son (who has grown up in a whole family with parents who have a great marriage, a great homelife and three siblings who love him) started cutting himself. Then her family came over to our house and dumped his stuff, yelling expletives. Boy, I was throwing energetic protection over my house quick! They are so unlike us.
Long story short, they got back together, smh. I told him I thought he was being idiotic. This girl seems to be in some sort of amateurish witchcraft, but I thought, So what. So am I. My son is never a good version of himself when he's around her, when otherwise he's good, kind hearted and loving. Then he told me a story about how last night he was talking to his sister and they both felt like they were being watched and their eyes were watering. He went outside and was actually kind of fearful. I was alarmed. I tried not to show it, but this sounds like some bad jou jou?. I want him to break up with her, but he's an adult with his own life, yet I see her just tearing him down and my son seems to be spellbound by her even though she treats him like crap. Any way to throw her out of our lives permanently? Banishing? Protection? I'm a little bit disturbed. I texted my daughter and she verified the experience. I want him free of this person before she destroys him, either energetically or psychologically, whichever this is.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I am dealing with some cases that started many lifetimes ago. The relationships are much deeper than is apparent

Friggasdottir

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
I am dealing with some cases that started many lifetimes ago. The relationships are much deeper than is apparent
That's a possibility. But it seems to me that the sensation they both had that were being watched, my gut is saying there is something else going on here.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards

Curses? Or just bad luck?

It may be that Reality is not binary. What other factors might be in play?

I quite often see oppression operating across many generations - even across millennia

Are there human and other groups that operate in such long time frames?

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Sorry, I've been super busy.Yes I've communicated with her and things are still going on. Her husband was bitten by a brown recluse a couple of weeks ago. Thankfully he's going to be OK. But now I have things even closer to home to worry about. A bit of background. My 19 year old son has been seeing a girl who comes from a druggie family and she seems to have abuse issues. Aside from the obvious fact that this is an ill advised relationship to get in (believe me, I've tried to give advice) she has also been belittling, emotionally abusing him and gaslighting him. After a horrendous breakup in which my son (who has grown up in a whole family with parents who have a great marriage, a great homelife and three siblings who love him) started cutting himself. Then her family came over to our house and dumped his stuff, yelling expletives. Boy, I was throwing energetic protection over my house quick! They are so unlike us.
Long story short, they got back together, smh. I told him I thought he was being idiotic. This girl seems to be in some sort of amateurish witchcraft, but I thought, So what. So am I. My son is never a good version of himself when he's around her, when otherwise he's good, kind hearted and loving. Then he told me a story about how last night he was talking to his sister and they both felt like they were being watched and their eyes were watering. He went outside and was actually kind of fearful. I was alarmed. I tried not to show it, but this sounds like some bad jou jou?. I want him to break up with her, but he's an adult with his own life, yet I see her just tearing him down and my son seems to be spellbound by her even though she treats him like crap. Any way to throw her out of our lives permanently? Banishing? Protection? I'm a little bit disturbed. I texted my daughter and she verified the experience. I want him free of this person before she destroys him, either energetically or psychologically, whichever this is.
Going by your username, I'm guessing your tradition is Nordic? Have you tried chanting the Odhal/Tyr/Thor runes 88 times as a basic protection? You can also devise bindrunes for protecting your home. For people too, though these must be worn. Edred Thorsson has some rites that are designed to protect, but I'll have to do some digging to find.

Friggasdottir

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Going by your username, I'm guessing your tradition is Nordic? Have you tried chanting the Odhal/Tyr/Thor runes 88 times as a basic protection? You can also devise bindrunes for protecting your home. For people too, though these must be worn. Edred Thorsson has some rites that are designed to protect, but I'll have to do some digging to find.
You are correct on my tradition. I've already placed numerous protections around my property. I've been pretty busy this summer and haven't revisited them. Not sure how these protections work when family members leave the property. I like the rune magic.
I'm cautious about creating bindrunes, because you can unintentionally create a different bindrune than the one you were intending. Call me overly cautious, but I try to think stuff out before doing anything, which is why I'm picking brains on here before taking action.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I've always assumed that a ward's protection stops when one leaves the premises. That's why I mentioned wearing a rune or other protective sigil.
The combination of Odhal/Tyr/Thor runes was recommended by a group headed by highly competent godhi. Engraved on a suiatble pendant, that should offer protection (IF the wearer credits it as doing so.)

I didn't ask: what's your son's attitude towards your rune work?

Friggasdottir

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
He's pretty open to my woo woo. Lol.
Post automatically merged:

He was quite amenable to my suggestion he wear a pendant of black tourmaline.