• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Cursing someone

Slytherin

On Probation
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Your question doesn't make sense. Could you reframe it
Post automatically merged:

Your question doesn't make sense. Could you reframe it
Sorry, sorry my bad. Yeah obviously

There are plenty of curses and discussions in the Left Hand Path, Black Magic and Demonology section

Last edited:

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
The OP probably wants to hear war stories and is not so much interested in methods or ethical discussions... I wonder if somebody will oblige, most people won't be willing to talk about their own practical experiences, I think, especially if things don't go as planned - which would make the topic interesting again after it's been talked to death here and elsewhere.

Gregorius

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
The OP probably wants to hear war stories and is not so much interested in methods or ethical discussions... I wonder if somebody will oblige, most people won't be willing to talk about their own practical experiences, I think, especially if things don't go as planned - which would make the topic interesting again after it's been talked to death here and elsewhere.
Correct is there a better section to ask for this stuff even if most dont really want to talk abt it

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
"General Occult Discussion" is fine, I'd say. Although people on Reddit would be probably more willing to talk about them, no idea.

Reaction score
Awards
Food for thought from experience:

Know yourself. There are people who would be more than happy to watch someone’s life burn to the ground because they cut them off in traffic. And then there are halfway decent folks so be sure you’re ok with what may happen.

That initial over-the-top anger can be a powerful tool to use in the working but waiting till you cool off will allow you to better plan and target the working. So are you looking for max fallout or for more specific results.

Cursing people tends to quickly teach you how interconnected a lot of our lives are. A general curse can often go further and wider then you would expect.

May consider not shitting in the fish bowl you share with your target or at least prepare yourself.

*I’ve been up most of the night with a little one so that’s about as coherent as I can be at the moment.

-Eld

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Probably the most famous protection magic book featuring real-life stories is Dion Fortune's "Psychic Self-Defense" (it can be found in this archive.org collection or numerous other sites); I haven't read it myself but it's often quoted in connection with this topic.

Pyrokar

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
+1
and we have earlier experience as evidence.

i obliged once or twice, isn't worth it.

Khoren_

Neophyte
Reaction score
+1
and we have earlier experience as evidence.

i obliged once or twice, isn't worth it.
Telling stories, or cursing?

I once cursed someone in a manner that caused them to have a fire start at their place of work and then they contracted cancer. I can't say if it was because of me, as no magician can ever truly claim circumstances happened because of them, but I remember being quite specific in my curse... Karma might have taken care of the rest

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Probably the most famous protection magic book featuring real-life stories is Dion Fortune's "Psychic Self-Defense" (it can be found in this archive.org collection or numerous other sites); I haven't read it myself but it's often quoted in connection with this topic.
I have read it, with enjoyment and benefit. The best advice comes early on: not every problem you face is a magickal attack. Then she gets into the matter of defense proper. It'd be hard, though, to reverse engineer curses from anything she lets fall.

Correct is there a better section to ask for this stuff even if most dont really want to talk abt it
Remember the DI in the movie "Jarhead"? "Are you the s***bird whose father was in Vietnam?" "Sir, yes sir!" "Did he ever talk about it?" "Sir, no sir!" "Good, then we know he wasn't lying!"

Magickal war stories are often like sexual narrations, and war-war stories. There tends to be more gilding than lily. That's not to say all are false, but use some surgical scepticism and try to dissect the humble narrator's character and motives in telling.

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I have read it, with enjoyment and benefit. The best advice comes early on: not every problem you face is a magickal attack. Then she gets into the matter of defense proper. It'd be hard, though, to reverse engineer curses from anything she lets fall.
I probably shouldn't have mentioned Reddit as a good resourse for real-life stories because it's mostly questions along the lines of "My hamster died yesterday, am I cursed?" Probably one of the best fictional descriptions of how a curse acts on the victim can be found in
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
, merely remembering the book's storyline gives me the shivers. It would be an good though malevolent example for a kind of magic I'm hugely interested in - spontaneous close-up street magic working purely on personal power and charisma, without requiring any preparation or eleborate rituals.

Pyrokar

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Telling stories, or cursing?
either. both?

right now OP has placed a whopping two lines expecting pretty personal and deep detailed accounts
the investment isn't there, i get and approve of curiosity but cmon. what are we gonna do here?

"Yes i have worked with curses/been cursed" thread over.