• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Author Damon brand books coming up with warnings for illegal copies

Discuss, critique or review an author.

tomhanks

Neophyte
Joined
Oct 23, 2025
Messages
12
Reaction score
9
I bought a damon brand book and it had a warning like whoever illegally downloads this ebook or copies and sells it are cursed. I think it's from gallery of magick. It was a book on enochian magic called succes magick and the author has published many , I mean many books with this pen name. And I guess he will have this warning in every book.
But with the amount of books they publish and the amount of books that will surely get pirated can they still curse everyone who pirate the book ?
The reviews look too good to be true. Like everything worked but it doesn't take a novice like me to tell you that's it's not true. Everything do not work all the time.
Anyone worked with the rituals in GOM books or the author Damon brand ?
 

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Joined
Jul 3, 2023
Messages
6,578
Reaction score
31,579
Awards
19
Also see:

 

HermesX3

Neophyte
Joined
Nov 16, 2025
Messages
39
Reaction score
52
Awards
1
Edit the curse out of the pdf. They curse themselves even more if they read about it. It is probably bogus aniways because otherwise people will have bad experiences and he will get bad reviews and one self undoing story is enough to tank sales and ban books in this age of fake xtianity. Your wards, guardians, egregores, resident djinn and talismans should be enough to deal with it if it's real.
In the end you are only making a copy of a copy. No theft is happening because they keep the original epubs and books, therefore you do not break moral law and it is less likely to stick even if you are not in grace when you read or think about it. (They are sinning not you) I do not think it's anything more serious then a one time scare or a three time visit. For anything more they have to do stuff that I don't think they are prepared to do.
 

Faria

Acolyte
Joined
Jan 23, 2024
Messages
321
Reaction score
627
Awards
5
Challenge:

Stop reading digital books.

Get ONE book. Be picky, choose well. It will cost you about as much as a meal at Carl's Jr.

Read that book. Live by it. Make it an intrinsic part of your practice.

Forget all of your PDFs and Epubs and everything digital. All of it. Just ignore it.

When you can call yourself a Master Magician, then get some more books or read some PDFs.

But not until then.

I've seen hundreds of people with thousands of digital books. They are all still worthless as magicians. I know others who have less than 10 books in their whole house and who are fantastic magicians. Be like them. Ditch your empty free knowledge.
 

HermesX3

Neophyte
Joined
Nov 16, 2025
Messages
39
Reaction score
52
Awards
1
I know what you are saying Faria, but your off topic a bit here. How should we handle anti piracy cursed books by Damon Brand? I think the bosses should also weigh in on this one. It would be selfish to just push my opinion on what would be best from my experience and point of view. The GOM stuff was not as strong when pirated but still worked fine most of the time. I didn't hear anyone saying they were cursed by it. On the other hand an economic downturn is happening in the west and its effects might wrongly be attributed to some curse. At this level that is put in there to make teens buy it. Either way, you could do a ritual or petition to ‘make this copy work, until you earn the money to pay for the real deal and not be cursed.’ that’ll work.

In the end people need to experiment, from grimoires to the casbook, learn meditation. Yes, collecting can be trap and your warning against it is a good point. Practice instead of hoarding pdfs. But when you're missing THAT book like for example I missed The Summa Sacre Magice part1 when I was working astrological magic incorporating the winds into the petitional and devotional work. Also I have used used once a later edition of The Magicians Tables to replace a missing ingredient not found in the first edition(for real).
And Yes I do have my One Book. It's by José Silva's Mind Control for Businessmen(the yellow edition), but any early one will do. I've been through the hoarding stuff phase but as my practice advanced again forward I became much more selective about which books I read and download. Right now I'm looking to integrate radionics into my practice. It's like an engine suck, squeeze, bang or hoard, align, upgrade practice.
 

Faria

Acolyte
Joined
Jan 23, 2024
Messages
321
Reaction score
627
Awards
5
How should we handle anti piracy cursed books by Damon Brand?
Don't read them. Problem solved.

The GOM stuff was not as strong when pirated but still worked fine most of the time.
I've aired my thoughts on GOM enough that I don't feel like repeating them, but to summarize:

They're crap. At least some of it is just copy-pasted from the ISTA archives, including the typos. It's an attempt to take a whole bunch of complex ideas that only make sense when viewed in respect to their larger cultural dimensions and then render them down into something comprehensible to a 12 year old. They fetishize the recognizable symbols of magic and then plug those into a one-for-all formula that is essentially The Secret but with candles. It's crap. It doesn't need to be read. Taking GOM seriously will move your progress backwards.

Yes, collecting can be trap and your warning against it is a good point. Practice instead of hoarding pdfs. But when you're missing THAT book like for example I missed The Summa Sacre Magice part1 when I was working astrological magic incorporating the winds into the petitional and devotional work.
And yet, if you never knew SSM existed, you'd be fine. You can safely ignore it.

A person is wayyyyy better off with one hard copy of the Simon Necronomicon than with every GOM book in existence.
 

HermesX3

Neophyte
Joined
Nov 16, 2025
Messages
39
Reaction score
52
Awards
1
Completely agree with you on the GOM stuff.
 

Jumi

Neophyte
Joined
Feb 19, 2025
Messages
39
Reaction score
53
Think about the amount of people who will have already downloaded that book, or one similar, and now think how effective a curse would be by one person spanning across thousands of people, maybe hundreds of thousands. I don't think any curse can span across the amount of people and still be very effective.

Personally, I don't find GOM books to be worth reading. I've received questions in the past from those hearing people getting "fast results" by using their books, and if a particular book (Demons of Magick) was worth it. I don't think it is, but if a person has their mind set on it, then so be it. It's up to the person to give it a shot regardless. Learn by experience what to stay away from, and find what works. Wading through this hotspot is part of that for a lot of practitioners. Hell, some actually get results, so good for them, honestly.
 

Lucien6493

Zealot
Joined
Jul 3, 2023
Messages
135
Reaction score
261
Awards
5
I call them the Galley of Rogues, and but here's the thing. If you know nothing about magick and don't dare take off the training wheels just yet and maybe just want to experiment a bit so that you can call yourself a magician then there is no harm in working through his material. Results will no doubt vary, as will beginner's luck. However, the more you know, and the longer you have been practicing, the less you can get away with where his "proprietary" gematria, and his haphazard way of throwing angels and daemons together irrespective of their individual qualities and functions, are concerned. By the same token, what you can actually get out of Damon "the demon" Brand if you actually know what you are doing might just make it worth your while. Seriously. So long as you don't go by the books. I joined his Patreon for a time because I wanted to reverse engineer his technique and got bitch-slapped by Astaroth for being stupid enough to go along with the way he likes to mix and match real names with thought-forms and the hybrid spirits he pulls out of his trick hat by throwing the Hebrew alphabet through the blender. As far as I can tell, he sells chaos magick packaged as kabbalistic magick (which it isn't). His curses are about as meaningful as his charged sigils without which his empowered magick allegedly doesn't work. So what is his magick? Creative marketing.
 

SeekerPS

Zealot
Joined
Jun 2, 2025
Messages
116
Reaction score
116
Awards
2
I started with GoM. So, talking shit about it Doesn’t suit me. But I would recommend you the claves intelligentiarum if you want to get your next step
 

Calacuerda

Neophyte
Joined
Nov 8, 2025
Messages
12
Reaction score
7
I find it funny that occultists here stop believing that magic and curses work whenever it doesn’t suit them. Just read other book.
 

HermesX3

Neophyte
Joined
Nov 16, 2025
Messages
39
Reaction score
52
Awards
1
I would like to shead new light on this piracy curese thing. Sometime this summer I had the opportunity to talk with my uncle's friend who used to be a producer in the music industry. He said that some bands and some managers curse the master vinyl or the master recording of a single or studio album. The purpose isn't to deter copyright infringement, but rather to increase sales. So there's going to be some occult activity and little mishaps but they will get more customers.

I don't know if it's true or not, but I believe that these authors have applied the same principle to the occult books, and to a lesser extent to normal book where they wrote that unauthorized reproduction of whatever is copyright infringement.

If we look at these curese from the perspective of increasing their sales and trading some of your peace and quiet for it, then it puts things into another perspective. Both the pirate and the bookworm are reading a copy of a master .epub or printing plate that contains a curse. It's not the end of the world, but it's certainly something to take into account.

Previously I simply suggested removing it from the pirated copies. That itself would help somewhat since it would be a new "master" albeit with slight modifications and no warning and no gate opened by reading the curese into the subconscious. Just wanted to share because this cursed book thing intrigued me for quite a long time because it didn't quite make sense. It won't deter pirates and just being a little edgier won't make you an established and respected person in the occult and you would lose some sales too not just get new ones. Again sorry for any typos gtg rn.
 

Yvonne

Apprentice
Joined
Oct 18, 2024
Messages
98
Reaction score
65
How does a cursed record increase sales? Do you mean a spell to increase sales , that's not a curse . The curse is nonsense . It's your mind. If you don't feel bad about pirating, nothing Brand can do will make you fail.
 

Morell

Apostle
Joined
Jul 5, 2024
Messages
2,264
Reaction score
5,032
Awards
21
If we look at these curese from the perspective of increasing their sales and trading some of your peace and quiet for it, then it puts things into another perspective. Both the pirate and the bookworm are reading a copy of a master .epub or printing plate that contains a curse. It's not the end of the world, but it's certainly something to take into account.
That's actually funny. This original copy can be copied countless times, but that doesn't copy the spell casted on it. Humanity doesn't have such technology. (good for us!) The "curse" is tied to that physical original, but all the copies are like clone troopers, each having their own unique life and energy. When made, it's like being born. Even with a sigil on it the sigil is nothing unless humans programs, charges and activates/releases it.
 

neilwilkes

Zealot
Joined
Apr 13, 2023
Messages
241
Reaction score
244
Awards
1
It really shows up these 'authgors' for what they are - Bunco Artists. Con Men (pick your euphemism)
The printed page is your friend, as an actual book will still work when all the power goes out
 
Top