• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

DANGER! High Voltage! (might get zapped)

Mart

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Perhaps it might do some good to introduce a Dangerous!, or Advanced Practitioners Only! tag, or something of that sort?
Not as another prefix, but an additional tag that you could add to the title.
I feel like some content could do with a forewarning to beginners.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
In my own personal opinion, I feel this is not needed because:
  • It's another block of text that preceeds the actual title, making it harder to know what the thread is actually about
  • Would cause some readers to avoid threads
  • May be used excessively by people who think they are super badass
  • Should be obvious when doing any occult work
  • Can be added as a disclaimer in text at the top of the post rather than in the title
Just my 2 (5) cents, I'm keen to hear what everyone else thinks, and thank you Mart for the suggestion.

Scottish_Pride

Meme-y Tree Nymph
Reaction score
Awards
In my own personal opinion, I feel this is not needed because:
  • It's another block of text that preceeds the actual title, making it harder to know what the thread is actually about
  • Would cause some readers to avoid threads
  • May be used excessively by people who think they are super badass
  • Should be obvious when doing any occult work
  • Can be added as a disclaimer in text at the top of the post rather than in the title
Just my 2 (5) cents, I'm keen to hear what everyone else thinks, and thank you Mart for the suggestion.
Yeah, seems sound. If something is literally in the demonology section, that should hopefully tell people not to fuck with it as a beginner. That being said, though, I've seen exactly how retarded a good chunk of the human population can get. XD

Eclipse

Neophyte
Reaction score
Yeah, seems sound. If something is literally in the demonology section, that should hopefully tell people not to fuck with it as a beginner. That being said, though, I've seen exactly how retarded a good chunk of the human population can get. XD
Let them be such then. There is no need to bubble wrap and baby proof the occult.

Pestifer Mundi

Magic Larper
Reaction score
Awards
Perhaps it might do some good to introduce a Dangerous!, or Advanced Practitioners Only! tag, or something of that sort?
Not as another prefix, but an additional tag that you could add to the title.
I feel like some content could do with a forewarning to beginners.
There are always going to be people foolish enough to delve into dangerous things far outside the scope of their knowledge.

Personally I just avoid any thread that has anything to do with summoning demons, communicating with angels or "other beings", etc.

By avoid I don't mean I don't read them, I do read a bit because its interesting, but I'll never practice anything that's said there.

Maybe a few decades from now I'll be knowledgeable enough that I could delve into those things, but for me personally I'm too paranoid to go poking around powerful beings who I am completely at the mercy of. I don't like the idea of talking to an angel, demon, spirit, etc at all.

To those "higher beings" its probably like that mosquito that buzzes near your ears and makes that annoying sound. An insignificant pest distracting you from your work or entertainment.

I always try to kill that mosquito so I'd like to avoid being in that role. 😂