• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Dead? BLM? #MeToo?

Xenophon

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
One reads R.I.P to phenomena like BLM and #MeToo in the media of late. I'd say the dew is off the lily, the shine off the shoe or whatever. I'm not sure either is dead. Indeed, I predict that Michelle Obama will ride the former into the White House later this year (though I'm holding out for Kamala Harris as my personal choice.)

Reaction score
As a humanitarian type who likes to see justice for all, I think BLM and #BLM came in with a bang then oddly fizzled out. I found it hard to trust their actions. But I don't know really. No, we haven't heard much from these groups in the news lately.

Xenophon

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
I recall the old film, "To Kill A Mockingbird." Atticus Finch shoots a rabid dog then cautions his son, "Don't go near that carcass, Jem. The creature's as dangerous dead as alive."

Reaction score
The #MeToo movement came and went too. I wonder what happened. Lol at " The creature's as dangerous dead as alive. Sure, I think certain true groups fight for justice of every kind. But the two groups of BLM and #MeToo seemed to be around just for some political agendas in place at the time.

Wintruz

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Like a zombie, I wouldn't count on these moral panics being dead just yet. Afterall, this is an election year and the Republicans are leading in the polls...

Xenophon

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Like a zombie, I wouldn't count on these moral panics being dead just yet. Afterall, this is an election year and the Republicans are leading in the polls...
Palestinians have bumped most other causes celebres (sic?). Hey...isn't that fact proof of racism in media? The zombie rises...totters...it lives! It LIVES! Wo--ah-ha-ha-ha! It LIVES!