• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Demon Hunter

S4v4g3g0d

Neophyte
Reaction score
Imagine a television show where someone summons all 72 demons one by one. It could have guest stars and be hosted on youtube.

Going thru each detailed ritual leaving nothing out. The ratings this show would have. Could call it demon hunter or 72 demons...

If I still had the equipment from when I used to make music videos I'd give it a go.

Episodes could be labeled demon names therefore you could watch the summoning of your favorite demon.

What do you guys think?

Odin

Neophyte
Reaction score
It probably wouldn't be the wisest thing to summon powerful entities for the purpose of entertainment. I'm sure at least some of them would take it as an insult. Regardless, it would be interesting.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
What exactly would happen? I mean they’re invisible....

Yazata

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
It wouldn't be something I'd watch, but I am absolutely convinced that an audience for it exist.

Roma

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Very commonly I see humans with octopus-like entities sitting on their heads (blocking the soul light) or on the heart (reducing the divine light). Some religious and political groups are well captured.

A friend, subject to spiritual oppression for several lives, over Christmas went to stay with her parents, both of which are co-opted instruments of this oppression.

So she immediately got sick and took to bed. She had an octopus or two sucking the energy out her but she used heart light to see them off - and felt better.

Then I saw that there was an armada of dark octopuses waiting to take over from those that were dislodged.

Fortunately she has started to disconnect herself from her birth family karma and is now much less susceptible. When in her own home, the armada is not present. Important to live in good places!

So I am not too sure about how many demons there might be.

Telafiel

ᶜᵒᵍⁿⁱᵗⁱᵛᵉ ᵇᵉʰᵃᵛⁱᵒʳᵃˡ ᶜʳʸᵒᵗʰᵉʳᵃᵖʸ
Reaction score
Awards
It probably wouldn't be the wisest thing to summon powerful entities for the purpose of entertainment. I'm sure at least some of them would take it as an insult. Regardless, it would be interesting.

I'd say, energy visely it'd be a nice opportunity for them. They'd probably get a lot of energy via humans' attention, which can be a pretty fruitful thing, but regardless, I'd share your opinion; there are several of them which most likely wouldn't be pleased by this kind of 'game', and would bring serious consequences with it. Other consequences? More and more people who would attempt to summon them just for sheer fun, because why not?

Anyways, if the show would involve authentic informations of them, or more details, that would mean a new level in terms of quality for the show. Explaining, describing all of these demons, their strong suits, personality and smaller details of them, things like: gematria, affiliations, qlipha, color, planet, zodiac, tarot, element, metal, path, date etc, and even involve personal experiences from other magicians.
Now this would give a probably less disrespectful and more informative vibe for the show, while you are also entertained.

But personally I wouldn't disturb any entity for a sake of a show, unless I am not talked about this idea with them, and make sure that they are fine with the idea.

Scottish_Pride

Meme-y Tree Nymph
Reaction score
Awards
What I'd probably worry about the most, is how those spirits would feel about being on display like that. Some may love the spotlight, but others would probably feel very insulted. The way the general public is influenced could go either way, tbh. Yeah, it may open people up to a whole new world they didn't know existed. It'd be really cool if the occult became more acceptable like that, and we didn't have to hide so much for fear of being branded as nuts. But at the same time, just look at how most ghosthunting shows went. It can end up drawing a lot of criticism, and you can bet your ass fake copycats start popping up to make the whole thing look bad. Also, no matter how much honest-to-god evidence you get on camera, there will always be skeptics devoted to debunking you, as if they themselves are part of some cultish religion. Another thing I could possibly see happening, is idiots with no preparation or experience trying to do big evocations like they saw on TV. Would definitely have to put a "Seriously, do NOT try this at home!" warning on it, lol.

Jarhyn

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
What I'd probably worry about the most, is how those spirits would feel about being on display like that. Some may love the spotlight, but others would probably feel very insulted. The way the general public is influenced could go either way, tbh. Yeah, it may open people up to a whole new world they didn't know existed. It'd be really cool if the occult became more acceptable like that, and we didn't have to hide so much for fear of being branded as nuts. But at the same time, just look at how most ghosthunting shows went. It can end up drawing a lot of criticism, and you can bet your ass fake copycats start popping up to make the whole thing look bad. Also, no matter how much honest-to-god evidence you get on camera, there will always be skeptics devoted to debunking you, as if they themselves are part of some cultish religion. Another thing I could possibly see happening, is idiots with no preparation or experience trying to do big evocations like they saw on TV. Would definitely have to put a "Seriously, do NOT try this at home!" warning on it, lol.
You bring up an excellent point about copycats and fakes. I suspect one of the reasons people hear the word "wizard" and think "fraud" is exactly that phenomena happening around wizarding right about the time it fell out of favor.

As a side note I was totally hoping this would be a thread about the Demon Slayer anime, which is an interesting metaphor all in it's own.

The whole thing is the metaphor for the journey of a single mind, and is exactly about slaying demons.

Roma

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
I am not at all sure that slaying demons is the right course in most cases. What if the entity appears to be demonic only because the human has met it in the wrong context or the human is in the wrong mode?

Thus the Light radiates from the Source of All, getting darker and separative and eventually forms intelligences and universes so that the Source can experience separation.

Humans, supposedly on the return journey to the Source of All but choosing to play in the dark streams, meet all sorts of intelligences with properly separative functions. Do those humans understand the context in which they play?

Jarhyn

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
I am not at all sure that slaying demons is the right course in most cases. What if the entity appears to be demonic only because the human has met it in the wrong context or the human is in the wrong mode?

Thus the Light radiates from the Source of All, getting darker and separative and eventually forms intelligences and universes so that the Source can experience separation.

Humans, supposedly on the return journey to the Source of All but choosing to play in the dark streams, meet all sorts of intelligences with properly separative functions. Do those humans understand the context in which they play?
It depends largely on how one defines the class of "demons".

If all demons are "parasitic ideas related to some wantonness of self", generally that means it's eating who you are for its own sake.

There is in Demon Slayer, in fact, a demon of wanton love that is an ally.

Seriously, it's a fun, ridiculous metaphor for encountering demons, and yes, I'm pretty sure they are planning on getting through a number of them before as all animes such as this, it jumps the shark out of the realm of useful metaphor.

Roma

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
I had a visitor last month who is keen on gardening. I pointed out some plants being eaten by parasites. She said: Those plants are weak - that is why they are attacked.

Perhaps it is the same for humans

Incognitus

Lead Transcriber
Reaction score
Awards
Sadly, I’d probably watch that show and the entire time I’d be bitching about how they’re doing it wrong… heh

Telafiel

Reaction score
Awards
I had a visitor last month who is keen on gardening. I pointed out some plants being eaten by parasites. She said: Those plants are weak - that is why they are attacked.

Perhaps it is the same for humans
I find both "yes" and "no" is a reliable answer in this case.

Let me get into this topic a little bit deeper. It's not rare that you hear people complaining about "They said X-Y is a beginner friendly demon, I got attacked and my life is ruined, don't believe it!", "Ya' all telling me X-Y is a good demon but hey he keep torturing me!" Well here is a nice example of some (more than obvious) things:
  1. They have free will
  2. They have their own personality
  3. They also have mood and mood changes
  4. They have their own taste and interests
  5. They have their own way how they see things (including different topics, actions and even persons)
  6. They might stick to requirements as they please - totally up on them and also, up on the person -
There a plenty of reasons why they handle you in a way they do, and it is not worth to compare yourself and how you got approached by them to other magickians'.

Here some short example of this:

Your soul's energy can put an effect on how different demons (or other entities) would approach you and handle you. It can be either because of their own personality, taste, intent or because you carry a type of energy which is more promising to them over many other souls' - it's natural, not every soul have the same age, knowledge, energy level and type - for various reasons. Their soul also have their own qualities. How you can handle their manifested energy is also depends on you.

Basically we can say that when you interact with a demon, they can communicate with your soul. Some might get their attention and sympathy while some not, or not deep enough to put an effect on how they'll handle you as a human, with your personality traits, ego, habits, goals etc. Souls have their own relationships, connections as well.

They know you well. Often, even better than you know yourself.
It means that they know already a lot of things which can make them either like you or dislike you. You have NO secrets before them, and even your thoughts and intents are revealed to them from the very beginning. We can safely say that if people would have access to each others' every thought, action, personality traits, capabilities, emotions in the same way as demons does, they'd probably see each other different and would already have a way how they'd approach us from the first sight, without any type of communication in the past - here is when their personality and interests also kicks in; they know what type of people are who they'd like to interact with and what are those who they don't want to -.

Connections coming from past lives. Demons can follow your soul's journey from life to life for various reasons. It can be either good for us or bad, depending on the connection we have with them.

Why not? Without any joke, this one also can be an option. Some demons simply have a type of personality which makes them to cause harm, trauma, terror to others for less reasons than "I just don't like you", "I just have a good/bad day.", "I just want to mess with you.", "Did you just summoned ME? Hah, too bad!".
Of course, the things mentioned above can actually peek into this picture/scenario too, but not every demon need a "big" trigger to be aggressive or act like a d~ with someone, and some simply have a personality which is more offensive towards people overall - and yes, there are people who might build even the best connections with these guys -.
For them, it's still profitable, because planting fear and desperation is something which feed them, so apart from enjoying the time while they are just they, being themselves"

There are demons who really like to get into ruining others' life, bring terror, torture whole families and even kill. Not because they have a personal problem with them, but because this is how they are, this is how they prefer to get energy, and spend time, entertaining and feeding themselves. They don't need more reason to torture, attack you other than they are just like that, and they would like to be in this way.
They are demons after all, they don't have to communicate with humans in a peaceful and mutually profitable way. They have their own life, business in their own realm, so what would force them to be "nice" with humans? Nothing. They are free. We, as humans handle other races terrible for our own joy and fun, and even each other. Where is the "point" where demons are worse than us?

And these all are just few reasons of why they might attack people.​

Last edited:

Amur

Acolyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Been in contact with alot of demons myself. Was kinda the game keeper between Angels and Demons as they were playing a war game with each other. So got a good connection with them now. But I would say that they are pretty capable of destroying whole reincarnations and fuck with your karma in anyway they choose. They are immortal and free from karma in a way which most humans understand not. At times they leak out true magick from their realm to those few chosen. But this is very rare. I would say filming it kinda doesn't make sense. Why not transform yourself into a demon and then film your own energy signature? Feels like a safer idea to me than fuck around with true demons.

Roma

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
At the risk of stating the obvious, humans that cannot control/stop their thoughts are lambs to the slaughter.

Telafiel

Reaction score
Awards
But I would say that they are pretty capable of destroying whole reincarnations and fuck with your karma in anyway they choose. They are immortal and free from karma in a way which most humans understand not. At times they leak out true magick from their realm to those few chosen. But this is very rare. I would say filming it kinda doesn't make sense. Why not transform yourself into a demon and then film your own energy signature? Feels like a safer idea to me than fuck around with true demons.
We are the only responsible for what we are doing or not, which means that generating "negative" or "positive" karma is not an exception. They can do whatever they want, but they can not control our "free will", which is the key for generating karma for ourselves.

Manipulating others is a thing, but what does manipulation means? - Making someone to act, think or feel in a certain way, as you wish.
You can not force it, but you can approach in different ways to deceive, convience them one way or another, and how the the target will react, feel and think is all up on their free will. This free will makes the karma work, and the seal is always their decision, there will be no one who can be 'more' responsible for what they do, and no one can make decisions instead of them neither. Others can not create your karma, it is rather sound like an excuse for me, which closes out responsibility above your own existence - and I'm very stern about that -.
Getting manipulated is NOT an excuse for doing karmically "negative" things neither.

So I am not certainly agree with "in anyways they choose" in this way (might be because of how I experience and see the things, it does not mean that I am right), but I clearly confirm and agree that many demons are exceptional masters of manipulating, and this can make them dangerous especially for those who are naive, having lack of intelligence and lower their guard.

As for their destructive effect on lives and reincarnations: As I stated above in my recent post, they are easily can follow down your soul's path in reincarnations for many reasons, and they can choose to do it for malicious reasons. So no doubt, they can ruin your reincarnations and they usually have the advantage, because they can set up the stage and plant everything they need to put their effect on you and lead you down on a path they planned for you.
If they "freshly" popping up in your life, they still can have the reason to destroy it, which can even reach the point where your life falls in grave danger and trust me, they can pretty much affect the material world, more than you have imagine.

Several demon has proved to being a part of my previous lives and we know each other way longer than before my soul decided to "come down". I didn't feel "fight" between Infernals and Celestials in a way like you, @Amur , but I can definitely feel the tension between the two times to times when both of them around.​

Amur

Acolyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Several demon has proved to being a part of my previous lives and we know each other way longer than before my soul decided to "come down". I didn't feel "fight" between Infernals and Celestials in a way like you, @Amur , but I can definitely feel the tension between the two times to times when both of them around.​
Well in a way I feel light around them but then in another way I know I'm protected so that's why. Just another worker for both sides. Might actually turn myself into a demon like them at some point of my life to check out a few things inside their realm.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
idk if they can control your karma but if you open yourself to them you can get attachments that Don’t go away.

honestly most demons do not bother humans and some are even Jewish, Muslim and Christian but there are some that use humans as a food source.

Telafiel

Reaction score
Awards
idk if they can control your karma but if you open yourself to them you can get attachments that Don’t go away.

honestly most demons do not bother humans and some are even Jewish, Muslim and Christian but there are some that use humans as a food source.
Rest of the demons are not care about human religions, these are 'our' religions, not theirs. You know, they are demons, not humans, so why would they mind a different breed's religion which isn't even exist in the same dimension where they are? Surely enough, they can use your religion against you and all of the details of it if that helps them to reach their goal, but the rest of them are not really care, we're more connected to our religions than they ever would.

They have their own dimension which is their "homeland" if you mean, where they can practice their own religions, politics, live in a "local" hierarchy and continue their life; none of them have to be connected to humans at alll. In fact, not every demon actually interested in humans same way as not every human care about demons or even Earthly religions from their neither.

Both them and us are able to move between dimensions some way or another, but it doesn't make us to live others' life and making them fitting to the actual world where the other came from. Nor demons nor humans.​

Last edited:

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Rest of the demons are not care about human religions, these are 'our' religions, not theirs. You know, they are demons, not humans, so why would they mind a different breed's religion which isn't even exist in the same dimension where they are? Surely enough, they can use your religion against you and all of the details of it if that helps them to reach their goal, but the rest of them are not really care, we're more connected to our religions than they ever would.

They have their own dimension which is their "homeland" if you mean, where they can practice their own religions, politics, live in a "local" hierarchy and continue their life; none of them have to be connected to humans at alll. In fact, not every demon actually interested in humans same way as not every human care about demons or even Earthly religions from their neither.

Both them and us are able to move between dimensions some way or another, but it doesn't make us to live others' life and making them fitting to the actual world where the other came from. Nor demons nor humans.​
True but some do take on our religions, and they marry and copulate with humans. Most don’t really bother with us either.

some live here but in a different dimensional shift, what we call inner earth or the desolate places.

but you are right most don’t bother us, it’s when we bother them they can harm us.