• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Different styles of magic?

AzureAdoni

Neophyte
Reaction score
I am looking for different styles of magic, I am not interested in much of crowley...

I am wondering if you have any solid sources for Egyptian magic

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
You can search the book shares section for that, for example:

Yes, authors seem to lack creativity with titles when it comes to Egyptian magic.

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I even have a dedicated Egypt folder on my mega.nz accout:

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Chaos magic was my first love (Peter J. Carroll!) and I am currently rediscovering it through the books of Lars Helvete. They came as a breath of fresh air because I was getting so mired in all the ancient and traditional tomes that I was halfway to accepting that I had to follow a long and arduous path of self-development, slowly and patiently progressing along a prescribed ladder of degrees or stages before I was ready to do any magic. Chaos magic with its DIY ethos is smashing that kind of conventional magical thinking to pieces. You're only limited by your willingness to be radically bold and go to extremes.

Yes, it's good (or even required according to Carroll's Liber MMM) to meditate, do breathwork, etc. but you don't have to memorize endless table of qabalistic correspondences first before you can do any magic, you can ignore the usual classification of entities (angels, demons etc.) and create your own, come up with your personal sigils instead of using traditional ones, and finally, be utterly flexible in what you choose to believe or not - and you can even decide to virtuously conform to tradition in some areas and completely random in others.

Chaos magic is highly result-oriented and pragmatic, not very big on mysticism, irreverent and iconoclastic. It has been called 'the punk rock of magic', which is an apt assessment. No initation required, just do it!
Post automatically merged:

Addendum: And there are the Greek Magical Papyri (PGM) of course, also largely inspired by Egyptian Magic.