• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Do we have spirit guides?

ryen

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Regardless of beliefs, upbringing, morals, etc. What’s everyone’s thought about spiritual guides?

I’ll start by saying that I think we have them along the whole course of our life, from beginning to end. Some with us the whole time, some that come and go as they fulfill (or don’t) their goal with us. Some “good”, some “bad”.

Just wondering everyone’s takes on that.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Also ancestors may attempt to manage the lives of their descendants

ryen

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Yeah they can try. But there’s ways to work with that so that they are either with you on your path or respect your path leave you alone. Ancestral ties can run deep, but ultimately we’re the ones alive right now with free will to manage our own lives.

ryen

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I guess the same may be true with our guides.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
in Kabbalah people have what is called a Magid...which is a spirit guide

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I used to have an amphibian patron standing in the solar system. Then he was promoted and I was never close to his replacement

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Regardless of beliefs, upbringing, morals, etc. What’s everyone’s thought about spiritual guides?

I’ll start by saying that I think we have them along the whole course of our life, from beginning to end. Some with us the whole time, some that come and go as they fulfill (or don’t) their goal with us. Some “good”, some “bad”.

I really think it's just your Angel's shape evolving as you grow spiritually, so that it is one being showing you different parts of it depending on your stage.

Noth

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards

Personally, I've never met a spiritual guide that I haven't had to either make (egregore) or conjure from a grimoire.

I've never had much success with more, I guess "traditional" is the word I'm looking for, type of guides like ancestors or those found in major religions. I've always taken that as a sign that I had no pre-set guide when I was born, and am thus free to carve my own path.

That's not a boast or anything, in fact it's more of a lament 😅

I have a personal idea that those who have guides were meant to do something or fulfill some task here while they are incarcerated.

Silsebyl

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I think and experience, that there is very individual guidance. Some call it the HGA. for me the spirits who are with me are very close to me, sometimes they feel like a part of me (like Yazata mentioned), sometimes like magical beings near me who have access to deeper knowledge and teach me some.

Malvo

Neophyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Hello.

I do believe we have spirits, angels, teachers etc that try and guide us or help us.

For instance i know who my ascendent master his. Knowing this, who he is etc, sheds a light on what (if you believe on that) ones purpose is in this life. They are present to give you nudges in the right direction. Other entities and spirits exist, and they do not necessarilly have to be angels or dead relatives, but are connected to the universal conscience, or a high form of the self.

What least that os what i believe.

Happyfeet

Neophyte
Reaction score
Yeah they can try. But there’s ways to work with that so that they are either with you on your path or respect your path leave you alone. Ancestral ties can run deep, but ultimately we’re the ones alive right now with free will to manage our own lives.
Pretty good take on this honestly. I think a lot of the ideas behind spirit guides are a means of exerting influence over people by those who come up with the idea to begin with.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
How to test if a guide is really a captor.

Jk666

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
We do have spirit guides, because we start out as links in a long chain from our ancestors to our children. In my life, the guides follow a bloodline.

I chose to break the chain: I want neither children, nor do I want connection to most of my ancestors, at least the ones I’m aware of.

I want power and willing to work hard for it. The above entities just limit me, setting rules and regulations I don’t want to follow and don’t understand.

Reaction score
Awards
Raymond Buckland seems to think so, a n author of over twenty books.
Friends I know have mentioned them before.

The God-King

The Mystical Rebel
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Yes, we have "spirit guides" but definitely stay away from any New Age spirit guide nonsense. In the occult there are many kinds of spirit guides, everything from your Nativity Angel to your Holy Guardian Angel to any Familiar Spirits that may be given to you to Totem Spirits to your Ancestors to the spirits you build relationships with via veneration and libations and many more. Also, initiating contact with these beings isn't as simple as "stepping into your power, existing in your heart space and saying out loud I'm open to receiving messages from my spirit guides." At least not at first, maybe after making veritable contact and developing a relationship you might be able to contact them by focusing on them. But initial contact requires some kind of occult, esoteric or mystical action taking place that facilitates contact. That's not to say you have to do a high ceremonial ritual or Grim Trad evocation but it I am definitely saying it's not as easy as just saying out loud that you want to speak with them. There are plenty of ways to initiate legitimate contact with the spirits that are guiding or walking with you but some simple "all is love and light" New Age bull shit is just that......bull :poop:

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Which spirit is a guide and which a guard?

Amur

Acolyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Well children have beings that guard them against danger.

stalkinghyena

Labore et Constantia
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
"all is love and light" New Age bull shit is just that......bull :poop:
Amen. My spirit guide has brought me into enough contact with Sylvia Brown clones and proselytizers of The Secret (etc.) to know that the poison pills of Fluff can kill as much as Jimmy Jones Brand Kool-Aid. The Universe is not Santa Claus. It works through exchange of energy and sacrifice. The Darkness does not disappear through denial and denigration or anesthesia. It must be embraced as a teacher, manifesting many guides, and it is through the darkness one finds the path to light, and back to darkness, and back to light. Our guides are Masters seeking to create Masters.