- Joined
- Apr 16, 2024
- Messages
- 798
- Reaction score
- 1,307
- Awards
- 12
Do you remember a time when there seemed to be a "psychic fair" or as the irreverent called them "psychic circuses" popping up all the time?
Sure, "covid" clusterfucked everything in our lives to a greater or lesser extent, but I think they were in decline prior to that. At one time the nearest "Metro" area to us supported Four (4) thriving "magic, occult, esoteric" shops and all that they contributed to those things. Now it's down to Two, and online shopping seems to be killing them! Of course, if you know where to look there are also the slightly harder to find purely ethnic type hoodoo and similar dedicated shops and botanicas as well. We're Magicians and Sorcerers, et al, so those still play out. That said, it's difficult to find a "fair or circus" now anywhere these days.
How about Where You Live? Does anyone miss those venues?
I don't think I''m alone thinking this is a "syndrome", am I? Over time I've enjoyed a lot of dynamic interchanges at these things!
Sure, "covid" clusterfucked everything in our lives to a greater or lesser extent, but I think they were in decline prior to that. At one time the nearest "Metro" area to us supported Four (4) thriving "magic, occult, esoteric" shops and all that they contributed to those things. Now it's down to Two, and online shopping seems to be killing them! Of course, if you know where to look there are also the slightly harder to find purely ethnic type hoodoo and similar dedicated shops and botanicas as well. We're Magicians and Sorcerers, et al, so those still play out. That said, it's difficult to find a "fair or circus" now anywhere these days.
How about Where You Live? Does anyone miss those venues?
Post automatically merged:
Oh yeah, the same principle seems to also be affecting the larger Conventions as well, it isn't as easy to "hobnob" with others now?Do you remember a time when there seemed to be a "psychic fair" or as the irreverent called them "psychic circuses" popping up all the time?
Sure, "covid" clusterfucked everything in our lives to a greater or lesser extent, but I think they were in decline prior to that. At one time the nearest "Metro" area to us supported Four (4) thriving "magic, occult, esoteric" shops and all that they contributed to those things. Now it's down to Two, and online shopping seems to be killing them! Of course, if you know where to look there are also the slightly harder to find purely ethnic type hoodoo and similar dedicated shops and botanicas as well. We're Magicians and Sorcerers, et al, so those still play out. That said, it's difficult to find a "fair or circus" now anywhere these days.
How about Where You Live? Does anyone miss those venues?![]()
I don't think I''m alone thinking this is a "syndrome", am I? Over time I've enjoyed a lot of dynamic interchanges at these things!
Last edited: