• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Does GOD(christian) really want me doing magick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gregorius

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Sorry for this dumb question but im having some doubts since the bible states witchcraft is forbidden wich i was reminded of by a close friend

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
The God of men, the God in the Bible, may be against witchcraft but that is only because witchcraft is knowledge and power, and the church can't control people unless they're ignorant and powerless.

The God of good people cares not for that, it only cares that you are a good person to others and to yourself.

In truth, no one can know, they can only guess based on their own perceptions and beliefs.

I say that if you want to practice and you feel like that is making you better or happier, then why would God even care?

Jackson

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Revelations doesn't like sorcerers and prostitutes. Apart from the bigotry I thought that chapter was pretty cool.

I don't know what the whole new testament says. There was the part where he was gonna hang himself on the cross so the whole world would

Uhhhh. Respond to his virtue signalling. It's a neurotypical thing.

Jackson

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
You could always sidestep the stressy questions by stopping believing in him.
Fuck no. Have a moral spine. Slavoj Zizek once said that Christianity is the correct way to atheism.

And he's correct. Go through a Gnostic phase first. I know I did. When I was thirteen.

Robert Ramsay

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Fuck no. Have a moral spine. Slavoj Zizek once said that Christianity is the correct way to atheism.

And he's correct. Go through a Gnostic phase first. I know I did. When I was thirteen.
I like to think I already have a moral spine, or at least a moral compass :)

I was brought up a Christian, does that count? (Rhetorical question)

Robert Ramsay

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
If your thing is anti-prostitute rhetoric.
It was a rhetorical question, not a question about rhetoric.

Anyway. for the OP - just spend a week pretending that God doesn't exist and see how you get on. Magic is all about manipulating your belief systems, so this should be good practice :)

Jackson

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
I thought Jesus loved the whores and even dated one?
sURE, something like that, just not the writers of revelations.
Post automatically merged:

Anyway. for the OP - just spend a week pretending that God doesn't exist and see how you get on
Who says you don't believe in God just because you don't follow every remake of the Jewish creed?

I've known several bankers and insurance brokers. They don't certainly don't view it that way.

Last edited:

Crows&Ravens

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Sorry for this dumb question but im having some doubts since the bible states witchcraft is forbidden wich i was reminded of by a close friend
The church undoubtedly dabbles with the occult anyways. I never heard someone that has summoned angels say "Oh you shouldn't practice witchcraft because the bible forbids it" witchcraft is yin and yang, it has always been how you use it which makes it evil or good. And they even said they rewrite the bible to fit in with the next era as society changes, personally I think they do it for the propaganda.

And as @Taudefindi said
The God of good people cares not for that, it only cares that you are a good person to others and to yourself.

Amur

Disciple
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
If God is the reflection of yourself, why would you condemn yourself away from magick?

Gregorius

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
The church undoubtedly dabbles with the occult anyways. I never heard someone that has summoned angels say "Oh you shouldn't practice witchcraft because the bible forbids it" witchcraft is yin and yang, it has always been how you use it which makes it evil or good. And they even said they rewrite the bible to fit in with the next era as society changes, personally I think they do it for the propaganda.

And as @Taudefindi said
no i do only do angelk work for now and i have been condemmed for witchcraft by some ppl

Jackson

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
no i do only do angelk work for now and i have been condemmed for witchcraft by some ppl
You do know people are stupid, right?
Post automatically merged:

btw anything happened with your golden dawn at this point?

Last edited:

Gregorius

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Don't you practice the golden dawn? I haven't done much of that one.

If you get results out of it, you should tell me about it.

Not your neighbors.
oh i mean i am prepearing for the middlepillar to finish my "initiation" i do like the shem ha mephorah angels and would recomnmend as they are very very easy to invoke like 3minutes max
and there even is an angel for straight up better magickal capebilities
the other stuff is stuff you have probobly ahcived with other traditions since you have been practecing for a while
the method i use
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

stratamaster78

Acolyte
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
^^^ This

It's best not to discuss Occult topics w/ people who will not understand it.

They just won't be understanding for the most part and you are just going to cause yourself problems with friends and family.

It's best kept secret and only shared with others on similar paths and in a forum like this one.

Gregorius

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
^^^ This

It's best not to discuss Occult topics w/ people who will not understand it.

They just won't be understanding for the most part and you are just going to cause yourself problems with friends and family.

It's best kept secret and only shared with others on similar paths and in a forum like this one.
i think i have learned my lesson but i even get backlash on ocult forums(reddit) sicne its filled with christhating neopagans but nothing else is to be expected for reddit

Jackson

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
oh i mean i am prepearing for the middlepillar to finish my "initiation" i do like the shem ha mephorah angels and would recomnmend as they are very very easy to invoke like 3minutes max
You have vision, or?

Status
Not open for further replies.