• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Does LBRP cause illusions?

Crows&Ravens

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
I saw a bright, shining line (It was kind of green too) as I was drawing the Pentagram in the Air while I was facing south. And then it appeared again in the East direction.

What could this possibly mean?

Crows&Ravens

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Was the line what you were drawing or was it separate? I recall Regardie taught that one was to visualize blue light while drawing pentagrams.
I try to visualise it as best as I can while vibrating the words. But its hard to consecrate and focus at the same time while doing both.

This time however I was having a tough time visualising.

Crows&Ravens

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Never having been a Golden Dawn practitioner myself, do stop by when shit presumably hits the fan.
That's not why I submitted the post, I'm generally interested why I was seeing bright lines while I was performing the LBRP. And since I'm having trouble visualising, I didn't bother trying to in the end. And suddenly I'm seeing bright lines even though I'm not attempting to visualise.

So it could've indeed been a separate thing.

stratamaster78

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
The East and South sections represent The Spring and Summer seasons so it’s maybe possible that’s why some Green energy presented itself.

Hard to say for sure as it was maybe you seeing some etheric patterns or maybe something that creates light reflected in the room by coincidence.

When stuff like that happens it doesn’t hurt to try and think about non Magickal reasons things could happen.

But if you were deep enough into the ritual you maybe did catch a glimpse of something.

I’d make a note in my Journal about it and revisit it later if it happens again and then see if I could find a common thread of why.

Crows&Ravens

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
The East and South sections represent The Spring and Summer seasons so it’s maybe possible that’s why some Green energy presented itself.

Hard to say for sure as it was maybe you seeing some etheric patterns or maybe something that creates light reflected in the room by coincidence.

When stuff like that happens it doesn’t hurt to try and think about non Magickal reasons things could happen.

But if you were deep enough into the ritual you maybe did catch a glimpse of something.

I’d make a note in my Journal about it and revisit it later if it happens again and then see if I could find a common thread of why.
Curtains were closed so no light could reach in but light enough so you could see. No mirrors either.

Yeah, you're right. It wouldn't hurt to think of other possible reasons that aren't Magical. I am aware of the environment of the room that I am in so I excluded any scientifically reasons for the bright lines that I saw.

Thank you.

stratamaster78

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Curtains were closed so no light could reach in but light enough so you could see. No mirrors either.

Yeah, you're right. It wouldn't hurt to think of other possible reasons that aren't Magical. I am aware of the environment of the room that I am in so I excluded any scientifically reasons for the bright lines that I saw.

Thank you.

Something else I just thought of..

Was this yesterday?

Friday is the day of Venus and has many associations with the Color Green.

Maybe you happened to be working during the Hour of Venus as well and had an influx of Venusian energy in your working space or even you have Venus in a Domicile or Rulership in your Natal Chart.

Now you would have only been Banishing Microcosmic influences with the LBRP but maybe you pierced a bit of the veil and caught a glimpse of Macrocosmic influence.

Just some other things to contemplate.

Crows&Ravens

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
While this isn't necessarily helpful, I suppose you could consult Golden Dawn forums if you haven't, there's one on facebook.
Yeah, its not a bad idea at all. I think I remember coming across a Golden Dawn forum couple of years ago. I just don't remember what's called. I will do searching today.

Thank you.

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Probably just random astral noise. I wouldn't attach too much significance to such phenomena unless they persist, only then would I look for some hidden message from somewhere. I must say I envy you, I wish I had some visual spice in my daily LBRP practice.
Post automatically merged:

Yeah, its not a bad idea at all. I think I remember coming across a Golden Dawn forum couple of years ago. I just don't remember what's called. I will do searching today.

Thank you.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Crows&Ravens

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Something else I just thought of..

Was this yesterday?

Friday is the day of Venus and has many associations with the Color Green.

Maybe you happened to be working during the Hour of Venus as well and had an influx of Venusian energy in your working space or even you have Venus in a Domicile or Rulership in your Natal Chart.

Now you would have only been Banishing Microcosmic influences with the LBRP but maybe you pierced a bit of the veil and caught a glimpse of Macrocosmic influence.

Just some other things to contemplate.
This happened today, before I mediated and did a relaxation ritual. I saw the time at around 9:20-ish.

But I did check the planetary hours just a few moments ago and its very close I would say.
Sun Hour is 9:55 - 10:54
Venus Hour is 10:54 - 11:54

Perhaps the days ruled by planets is different than the hours they rule?

Crows&Ravens

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Probably just random astral noise. I wouldn't attach too much significance to such phenomena unless they persist
I'll keep that in mind and make a note of it. Thank you for the link as well.

Magic is associated with "hallucinations." Kraig joked about the "
" but said they are harmless. Yesterday we had a full moon, so perhaps it had an influence as well.
Yeah, I took notice of the Moon before I went to bed yesterday.

Thank you.

stratamaster78

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
This happened today, before I mediated and did a relaxation ritual. I saw the time at around 9:20-ish.

But I did check the planetary hours just a few moments ago and its very close I would say.
Sun Hour is 9:55 - 10:54
Venus Hour is 10:54 - 11:54

Perhaps the days ruled by planets is different than the hours they rule?

Well today is Saturn’s day and has associations with Earthy colors that are dark and usually Black.

The Planetary Hour for today that you were working under at 9:20 would have been Mars and that has Fiery Red color associations.

So maybe my theory on Planetary influence doesn’t apply…lol

But yes each Planet rules a different day but within that day they also cycle through hours that they rule.

You can get an app on your phone that lets you put in your exact geographical location and it will calculate the Days and Hours for you and even send you alerts for when a particular Rulership begins.

I use Planetaro and it makes things easy to keep track of though it also doesn’t hurt to manually check as well to be sure.

Crows&Ravens

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Well today is Saturn’s day and has associations with Earthy colors that are dark and usually Black.

The Planetary Hour for today that you were working under at 9:20 would have been Mars and that has Fiery Red color associations.

So maybe my theory on Planetary influence doesn’t apply…lol

But yes each Planet rules a different day but within that day they also cycle through hours that they rule.

You can get an app on your phone that lets you put in your exact geographical location and it will calculate the Days and Hours for you and even send you alerts for when a particular Rulership begins.

I use Planetaro and it makes things easy to keep track of though it also doesn’t hurt to manually check as well to be sure.
It could still be Planetary influence, but perhaps I should note it down as just Astral noise. lol - It was still cool to see though.

Oh cool, I'll get Planetaro.

Well, the next thing for me to learn properly is Planetary Days/Hours and correspondences. I'll need to make a note of the start and end of when I perform the LBRP. I'm pretty sure I have something bookmarked that will teach me.

Xenophon

On Probation
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
That's not why I submitted the post, I'm generally interested why I was seeing bright lines while I was performing the LBRP. And since I'm having trouble visualising, I didn't bother trying to in the end. And suddenly I'm seeing bright lines even though I'm not attempting to visualise.

So it could've indeed been a separate thing.
I had a similar thing going back in 2018 with circles of light. It only happened 3-4 times, though, before I could even think of how to try and get a handle on it or what was up.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I saw a bright, shining line (It was kind of green too)
When I project into your scene, there is spirit above the front of your head. It tests well for smell, intent and plane.

It seems to know you from long ago - in ancient Egypt. I suspect you lost contact for many lives - especially in Christian monasteries

Look at the flame in your heart. Do you see the same green color?

Crows&Ravens

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
When I project into your scene, there is spirit above the front of your head. It tests well for smell, intent and plane.

It seems to know you from long ago - in ancient Egypt. I suspect you lost contact for many lives - especially in Christian monasteries

At the first attempt I see green, but it's mostly a white flame now. I'll bring that up when I'm mediating and see what I see.

To form contact with this spirit again, should I do any rituals relating to the Egyptian Gods/Goddesses?

I'll message you on DM's instead as we are going off topic. I've been a good boy so far. lol

Last edited:

Xenophon

On Probation
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Magic is associated with "hallucinations." Kraig joked about the "
" but said they are harmless. Yesterday we had a full moon, so perhaps it had an influence as well.

At the first attempt I see green, but it's mostly a white flame now. I'll bring that up when I'm mediating and see what I see.

To form contact with this spirit again, should I do any rituals relating to the Egyptian Gods/Goddesses?

I'll message you on DM's instead as we are going off topic. I've been a good boy so far. lol
Actually it's getting interesting. If you get too far off topic, the mods with prods will be by shortly.