• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Elemental prayers - do they actually evoke or make your presence known to the elementals?

Reaction score
Awards
I think Levi or Barrett first came up with it, but in each grade ceremony within the Golden Dawn or OTO initiation, the elemental prayer for that grade is recited.
As spirits draw near when invoked or thought of, do the elementals function in that way as well?
Post automatically merged:

An example for the Earth grade of Zelator:
Prayer ofthe Gnomes or Earth elementals.
' O invisible king, who, taking the Earth for foundation, didst hollow its depths to fill them with thy almighty power. Thou whose name shaketh the arches of the world. Thou who causest the seven metals to flow in the veins of the rocks. king of the seven lights. rewarder of the subterranean workers, lead us into the desirable air and into the realm of splendour.
'We watch and we labour unceasingly. We seek and we hope, by the twelve stones of the Holy City, by the buried talismans, by the axis of the loadstone which passes through the centre of the Earth! O Lord, O Lord, O Lord! Have pity Upon those who suffer. Expand our hearts, unbind and upraise our minds, enlarge our natures.
'O Stability and motion! O darkness veiled in brilliance! O day clothed in night! O master who never dost withhold the wages of thy workman! O silver whiteness. O golden splendour! O crown of living harmonious diamond! Thou who wearest the heavens on thy finger like a ring of sapphire! Thou who hidest beneath the earth in the kingdom of gems, the marvellous seed of the stars! Live, re!gn and be Thou the eternal dispenser of the treasures whereof Thou hast made us the wardens. '

Last edited:

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
One exorcises the Earth by the aspersion of water, through breath and through fire, with the correct perfumes for each day, and one then says the prayer of the gnomes.​
PRAYER OF THE GNOMES​
Invisible king, who having taken the Earth for support and who dug the depths in order to fill them with your omnipotence, you whose name makes the vaults of the Earth tremble, you who make to flow the seven metals in their veins of stone, monarch of the seven lights, remunerator of subterranean workers, bring us to the desirable air and to the kingdom of clarity. We keep watch and work without rest, we search and we hope, by the twelve stones of the holy city, by the buried talismans, by the magnet nail which goes through the center of the Earth. Lord, Lord, Lord, have pity on those who suffer, enlarge our breasts, free and raise our heads, aggrandize us. O stability and movement, O day enveloped by the night, O obscurity veiled with light! O master who never keeps to himself the salary of his workers! O silvery purity, O golden splendor! O crown of living and melodious diamonds! you who carry the heavens on your finger like a ring of sapphire, you who hide under the Earth in the kingdom of gemstones the marvelous seed of the stars, live, reign and be the eternal dispensator of the riches whose guardians you have made us. Amen.​

This is found in Eliphas Levi's Doctrine & Ritual of High Magic, Book II, Chapter 4, translated by Greer and Mikituk. I've been following along with the reading of the book (I have a physical copy) and John Michael Greer's monthly commentary on his main blog. Levi's instructions are usable, but Greer cautions against any attempt to use them straight out of the book. Levi intentionally obfuscates the sequences of operations and lays traps for the casual reader and armchair sorcerer. So, you would be better off following the Golden Dawn instructions. Banishing of unwanted elemental energy precedes the evocation according to Levi, though it is not impossible to do an invocation followed by a banishing using other rituals, including systems outside of the Golden Dawn.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
The elemental in the creek below my patio rather likes me and happily takes traumatic energy from my visitors. Residents just along the creek comment about how peaceful is the creek from my place. They do not know to relate to the elemental

I do not pray to her as she is part of a lower kingdom.

My body and light-bodies are made up largely of elementals and their substance. They cooperate with me as it refines their substance and prepares their intelligences for greater tasks.

Those elementals are managed by nature spirits and greater devas - so that I do not need to bother with detail.

Many cosmic elementals are involutionary - working to manifest new universes and solar systems. Few of those in human format are able to deal with those.

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I go with my own prayers for the Elementals. It comes from the Heart. A couple of nights ago, I call upon the 4 elements including Spirit. I was trying to invoke the Elements, but nothing happened. Even though, I felt different.