• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Elementals - help and guidance needed on them

off_the_edge

Neophyte
Reaction score
Who has had success with elementals? Factual elements. - referring here to the principles rather than the creatures that come from those principles, though if you have come across such beings, do say.

Just for clarification when we talk about fire, air, water and earth - it is more to the principles behind them than their corresponding state of matter (solid, liquid, gas, plasma).
Fire - excitation, movement and expansion
Air - balance, harmony and absence of structure
Water - condensing, cooling contraction
Earth - the binding of the three above into structure

My first main port of call with magic is to get the elements down - as in, control and a willing of them.

Most of the guidance I have gotten is from Initiations into Hermetics (F.Bardon)

I have been adding to it, such as the use of (hand) gestures, symbolism of the principles, and symbolic aids, and ritual work such as the elemental pentagram ritual.

What are some successes that you have had with them?

I have felt the effects, though for the moment, I would put it down to imagination - still happy with the progress.

I would like to hear from anyone who works with this Low Magic.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Once someone asked me if I could control spirits (or something like that). We were standing in a car park watching a fire on the ground in a strong steady breeze. The flames were at a 45 degree angle.

So I said I would try to bend the flames into the breeze. The flames then stood exactly upright for perhaps 5 seconds against the strong breeze then moved with the breeze to flow along the ground.

I was pleased and tried again but the elementals ignored me.

I suspect that the elementals were interested in something new - but then returned to their proper work.

This is called: beginners' luck

To move the elementals of fire I used mental energies - the fire of the mind

Al-Zalaam

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Who has had success with elementals? Factual elements. - referring here to the principles rather than the creatures that come from those principles, though if you have come across such beings, do say.

Just for clarification when we talk about fire, air, water and earth - it is more to the principles behind them than their corresponding state of matter (solid, liquid, gas, plasma).

My first main port of call with magic is to get the elements down - as in, control and a willing of them.

Most of the guidance I have gotten is from Initiations into Hermetics (F.Bardon)

I have been adding to it, such as the use of (hand) gestures, symbolism of the principles, and symbolic aids, and ritual work such as the elemental pentagram ritual.

I have felt the effects, though for the moment, I would put it down to imagination - still happy with the progress.

Elemental Magic, as specifically presented in Bardon's IIH, is the only Arcanum I've ever been invested into. It's everything I want out of magic and it will be the focal point of my entire life, esoterically speaking.
And yes, I have experienced quite interesting things through this art. The phenomenon you'll be able to experience yourself when you reach deeper into Elemental Magic will be exhilarating and fulfilling, I can promise you that.

For me personally, the most satisfying thing I experienced was also one of the most simple - the manifestation of the physical presence of the Elements externally.
Specifically, I mean invoking the tangible presence of the Elements into the immediate environment through the practice of external accumulation.

If you've read through Step 5, you may know the exact practice I am referring to.
In my case, I would condense the Fire Element into the area around me and I could feel the burning heat of the Element's power radiating into my body from the outside, or I would condense the Earth Element in a similar fashion and feel the paralyzing weight pressing down on my body like the air itself was made out of a hunk of lead. Feeling these things through internal meditation is nice, but objectively feeling it in the room around you is a whole other story.
I was only able to achieve this degree of manifestation with the Fire and Earth Elements, but it was still a lovely taste of what is possible.

If the Vital Force could also be included in this topic, then I could also mention some of my experiences with that as well.
I was actually capable of interesting things with the VF before anything with the Elements.
In my case, I would use it for things like "Instant Magick", where I would condense a large accumulation of the VF within my being, and cast it out all at once like a spark of lightning while holding a particular goal in mind. Essentially a direct-magic form of spellwork, also similar to the "Volting" practice described in the later steps of the IIH.
In other cases, I would use the VF to do things like treat my own illnesses, like described in the Addendum of Step 3, though honestly the effective development of VF caused many of my personal health issues to fade away automatically anyways.

However, it took me a great deal of time and effort to reach these milestones, much more than it should have, because I pursued Elemental Magic improperly and there were weaknesses in my development.
So I must insist for you, that if you truly wish to master the Elements, then you must follow Bardon's course exactly as instructed.
Do not skip or neglect the prerequisite exercises, unless you wish to suffer a sluggish path of Elemental Magic like I did.
The three Thought Control exercises of Step 1, the Asana exercise of Step 2, and the Plastic Imagination exercises of both Step 2 and 3, are all absolutely necessary to transform your Spirit into a refined tool which can effectively practice Elemental Magic. The Conscious Breathing and Pore Breathing exercises will also directly prepare you for the effective practice of the Elemental Accumulations, which is the heart of success with the Elements.

To effectively wield the Elements, you need to develop a spiritual relationship with them over time through the practice of Accumulation, and the effectiveness of this meditation will be determined by the effectiveness of your imagination and your meditative-concentration abilities.
As you build this relationship with the Elements through accumulation, it will develop a rapport of those Elements within yourself referred to as "Dynamide", which increases your inherent ability to manipulate the Elements. It is like a spiritual muscle, where accumulation is the act of lifting weights and building those Elemental muscles within yourself.
But a practitioner with weak faculties will struggle to develop effectively through this practice, hence my emphasis on the completion of the prerequisites.

If you ever find yourself plateauing with Elemental Magic or failing to breach the threshold from imaginary work into tangible Astral-Physical work after a reasonable amount of time, then look for these aforementioned gaps that you may need to correct - but also keep in mind that it is a gradual process and does take some time.

Unfortunately for me, I had to shelve my Elemental practices and turn my attention to the gaps and deficiencies which made my progress so slow and inefficient, and I have lost the grip I previously had on the Elements that was slowly developed over many years of practice.
Essentially, I have had to start from scratch.

Don't let this be you - follow his instructions and save yourself the woe.

Also, if you haven't already, you may wish to read Bardon's instructions on rituals and their effective creation/application, which is found within the Physical section of Step 4.

off_the_edge

Neophyte
Reaction score
@Roma Curious - so when you say mental energies of the fire mind - can you elaborate - if willing?

Beginner's luck is nice - helps us keep going. I am sure I can speak for us, that it is not the once off that we wish for.

@Heydi. Very interesting.
First off, well-done. That is some great progress. The elements, as you said, is a great pursuit in of itself.
With that, you have the world in your hands - not to sound megalomanic, but they are the esoteric underlying principles of this reality we have around us.

How did you deepen the effects of them? Moving from the subtle to the actual?
I would just presume through patience and reiteration?
Despite being curious, I know as, Bardon, the main man himself said - One shouldn't really be looking to other's experiences as that would put notions in one's head. Still we are all ears on what you are willing to share.

Regarding vital force, should definitely be talked about. Good to hear about your aliments being treated.
I personally do breathwork for about 5 or so minutes with VF attempting to get familiar with it. As usual, depending on how much you are into it - the more subtle feeling of it manifests.

For the elements. I get the warmth of fire, the lightness of air and the coolness of water, still have yet to be accustomed to the earth. Though they are very slight. In which I can only really notice the difference when I am switching the accumulation between them. Not really know is this factual or imaginative, I am still quite content.

Going back to your steadfast advice on perfecting the preliminary steps regarding IIH. I did what you warned about, as I wanted to push myself towards something, rather than lull about as I had been coming back to IIH steps 1 and 2 over many years, and wanted to push on.
The supplementary rites that I mentioned before, do help with imaginative work, so I thought it would be aiding alongside the elemental work, bit by bit.
I by no means wish to rush, but a bit of progression was needed to be realised.
Did you feel the feel the effects of the elements before you had to start from scratch again? As it sounded that you did get the imaginative but just not the factual elements before having to revise.

Also, did you have any trouble with your emotions flaring up in different ways due to any elements, as was forewarned?
The magic mirror book can be tricky enough to balance the person elements in our character - after all it is a somewhat ethereal dealing.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
so when you say mental energies of the fire mind - can you elaborate - if willing?

I raised my consciousness/vibration to the top of the mental plane and gently required the elementals to move the flames against the wind

The human wizard needs to control physical plane energies - thus demonstrating that s/he is not captured by earth elementals

Similarly emotional energies need be controlled to deal effectively with water elementals

Which reminds me that long ago I was on a small Scottish island with my girlfriend. We were waiting at the jetty for the ferry. She walked down the slope used by dinghies and I called her back because the waves were a bit rough

She did not come so I visualized a big wave coming in to wet her. No wave came.

So I visualized 2 or 3 small waves coming together to make a big wave. Immediately that happened and she had to rush back.

I did not tell her what I had done

Reaction score
Awards

Both Kabalah, Magic, and the Great Work of Self-Transformation; as well as Modern Magick have exercises to help feel and integrate the element with which you're working.
In earth, you have to realize that not only as s earth your focus, but earth integrates the four elements into one, which is why we invoke often.
By invoking Spirit, we are better equipped to deal with the energies.

Al-Zalaam

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
With that, you have the world in your hands - not to sound megalomanic, but they are the esoteric underlying principles of this reality we have around us.

Precisely, it's no matter of egotism but simple fact that any magical operation can be performed through the mastery of the Elements.
Telepathy, levitation, healing, spellcasting, teleportation, spontaneous combustion, weather magic, etc. and on and on it goes.

Getting to that degree of mastery with the Elements, however, requires a very thorough and proper initiation. By the time you get to Step 3 of the IIH, you may be practicing hours a day, everyday.
But of course, we do this not just to achieve impressive phenomenon, but for the perfection of the spiritual Being and the eventual realization of our God-selves.
This is why those who are motivated by materialistic goals never make it through the IIH, because they lack the sincere commitment necessary to rise to the occasion and adhere to such a demanding course of development.

How did you deepen the effects of them? Moving from the subtle to the actual?
I would just presume through patience and reiteration?

That is a good portion of it, but there are other factors as well.
The conscientious carving of the Spirit and Soul through the Soul-Mirror practice will also contribute to the growth of your relationship with the Elements.
Equipoise needs to be attained, each Element is a cornerstone of your Soul and Spirit that needs to be stimulated and effectively developed while kept in balance with each other.
What Equipoise and the Soul-Mirror practice will look like, however, is a relative and personal journey, because it depends on the inherent composition of your own being.
If Bardon witnessed my own practice of such things for example, he would probably be horrified, because my entire praxis is founded upon the Negative Spectrum and I've had to pursue my own form of Equipoise through the Negative Elements.
My spiritual path is practically the anti-pole to Bardon's.

But anyways, there is one other important detail I should mention.
It is best if you try not to view your development of the Elements in a "clinical" fashion.
Deepening your relationship with the Elements is not simply about repeating the accumulation like a boring weight-lifting exercise, it is a spiritual meditation that requires the sincere participation of your Spirit.
You aren't merely building power over them in a sterile fashion, you are performing an operation that is meant to deepen your ability to reflect the Elements in your own Consciousness.
It is an exercise of Spiritual Union, where you must learn to effectively immerse into these meditations and really become one with the Elements.
The deeper you can dive into the heart of these forces with your mind and "become" them, the deeper your psychic authority over them will be.

However, the ability to do that is quite dependent on the effectiveness of your Imagination, hence the importance of both your meditation abilities and your imagination.

Finally, you should be able to monitor your progress with the Elements on your own with an observant eye.
When I was developing this relationship with the Elements, I was able to notice the gradually increasing effectiveness of the Elements from beginning to end.
At first, I could tell that it was only imaginary or Mental - but still, at this level, there is a noticeable effect on the Spirit itself. Even if you aren't invoking the Elements with Astral or Physical effectiveness, the Mental effectiveness of the Elements can still be observed to influence your Mental qualities and state of mind if you are paying attention.

Eventually this will shift towards the edge of the Mental-Astral matrix, and you may start to notice significant effects on your coarser emotions which attend to the Soul.
For example, if I were to accumulate the Fire Element at this stage, which I always performed in its negative form of course, I would notice the evocation of strong feelings like hatred, zealousness, frenzy, and other similar qualities.

This is part of why achieving Equipoise is important, since working with the Elements is a dangerous thing that can destabilize your Mental-Emotional being if you do not have a solid foundation. You can find yourself a victim of mental illness and uncontrollable emotions that arise from weaknesses in your Equipoise.
With a good grip on your Mental-Astral Equipoise, however, this will not be an issue, and any stimulations which arise can be managed without trouble.

Anyways, as you progress further through the Astral density of Elemental work, you will notice a degree of tangibility that was not there before, and you may even notice that just sitting down and thinking about accumulating an Element will subtly invoke its presence.
The effects of the Elements will also be quite objective at this point - their presence won't just vanish when you stop paying attention, and if you were to project them into a shape externally, you could reach out and feel it quite plainly.

Eventually, of course, you will reach a point of tangibility where they are indeed having a physical effect, and that's all self-explanatory.

This was a very long process for me personally, due to the weaknesses in my development (my imagination mostly), but if you adhere to proper development and master the prerequisite skills, this process may only take a couple months or so.

Did you feel the effects of the elements before you had to start from scratch again? As it sounded that you did get the imaginative but just not the factual elements before having to revise.

On the contrary, I was able to strong-arm my way through to having a rudimentary physical effect after years of practice, like I described in my first response to this thread. But that was only with the Fire and Earth Elements, while the other two were still only so far as moderate Astral tangibility.

My Imagination was the biggest weakness in my practice, but I was still able to build a psychic relationship with the Elements because of my strengths with meditation/concentration and a well-developed Equipoise - combined with stubborn patience, of course.
While my Imagination was severely lacking in important areas (visual, most especially), I did have a decently developed Tactile sense, and since the Tactile sense is the most important part of the Imagination regarding the practice of Accumulation, I was able to fare ok in combination with those other strengths and get where I did after a lengthy duration.

But again, this really isn't what to strive for, my path is only a great example of how to waste time.
My progress was so slow and my effectiveness was so inefficient, it wasn't really worth it.
It was exhilarating to experience the Elements in the way I did, but it didn't justify the time and opportunity I wasted.

Also, did you have any trouble with your emotions flaring up in different ways due to any elements, as was forewarned?

Oh, well I guess I preemptively answered this question up above. 😂
But yes, I experienced all of the Elements invoking their own related emotions when effectively accumulated.

Now that I think about it though, I should probably mention that part of the reason I was able to achieve what I did was because I was very good at using the activities of my Soul to invoke the Elements.
Imagine the phenomenon you are asking about in the opposite direction - strong emotions being utilized to manipulate the Elements.
My ability to exercise the emotional activities of the (-) Fire and Earth Elements on-command were very strong, and I was able to use that to catalyze the Mental-Astral connection with those two Elements in particular, hence why they advanced faster and stronger than the other two.
This actually ended up creating a strange dynamic where my emotions could be used to automatically evoke the effective Astral presence of those Elements and make it easier to condense them further if desired.
This is not a practice I would condone, however, as it is potentially unhealthy and dangerous.

Challis

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I've been in a rain storm and came out relatively dry after purposely practicing magic and requesting it. Its happened a second time, but the rain stopped quickly, and I was unable to verify the data.

off_the_edge

Neophyte
Reaction score
@Heydi

Besides Bardon, have you come across other reading material on the Elements?
I have come across mainly works that seemed to be directly in line with Paracelsus's ideas - that being elemental creatures (gnomes, undines etc) and the elements, but in a dated manner of speech- I haven't come across too much on the modern thought on the elements.
Mainly the elemental "principles" which have been in IIH (+Rawn's companion guide). It seems that it is this understanding of the principles is what counts when working with elements.

Can you recommend other reading on the elements?
Or is IIH our one and only bible to bring us through?
Personally, I find it a great benefit to be reading on the subject while training on the practices. It helps with motivation.

Re: Soul Mirror
Are you intentionally going into the dark aspects of yourself as a path or has this way come about of itself, a natural evolution of your personal practices?
As you know, dark/light both need to be integrated in-line with each other. Those scales sound like they need to be made even/balanced.
Apparently, that is an issue in of itself. Usually, we can listen out 5 negs for every 1 good aspect of ourselves. It is easier for us to find our faults than our virtues. If that is the case, that means we are not examining ourselves justly and objectively.
Though, you have been at this for years, so it would be taken that you have your mirror under-wraps, regardless.

How has the transmutation of the Pos/Neg aspects of the elements been for you?
As in, have you transmuted any emotions - such as envy into caring/providing - for example?
You talked about accumulating fire and negative emotional version of this would arise.
It is a fun practice in of itself, the transmuting of our overarching emotions into their opposing correspondences.
Peter Carroll has a nice framework for this, in his book Liber Null and Psychonaut. So to does Rawn's IIH companion guide.

Re. The deepening of ourselves into the elements.
I know that this is really in the realm of the abstract and words for instruction are hard to hit home, especially on something so ephemeral.
Yet the question has to be posed. How do we deepen ourselves into the elements and commune with them?
I tend to gather as much symbolism and relatedness to the principle of the element, and be there within it, for sometime.

May I ask about your tactile senses?
I cannot, or if I do, it is very weak sense of feeling, when I feel without any aid.
Though, if I imagine myself, with an astral hand/body, of sorts, the sensations are very clear. The touch of grass, metal, dampness of dew air - etc etc.
You said it was your strongest of the senses. Can you feel without having a corresponding astral/imaginative body to work with?

Ha - so conjuring up an associated emotion with an element. Such as the feeling of pure stubbornness for Earth. Infuse yourself in a state of stubbornness and use that energy as a magnet for said element. Very very curious. Makes a lot of sense as well. There is a lot of subtlety to this technique. Must make it a point of focus.
I can see the abuse that would come from this and the warning has been heeded.
If you did balance the books (soul-mirror), there is no reason that this can't be used to get strongly acquainted with an element.

One more thing I would like to ask is, do you use (hand) gestures magic with elements?
Such as accumulation of element with a certain defined gesture while doing so?
It is a slow slow progress, but I hope that gesturing will come into its own, in due course.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
My own view is that the human should usually be relating to nature spirits (lesser devas) rather than elementals.

Dealing with nature spirits is safer for the human than dealing with elementals. It is the natural role of nature spirits to coordinate elemental flows into collective processes.

It is for humans and higher devas to provide purpose for the workings of nature spirits.

That said, I do get on well with the elemental of the creek over my back fence. I do not tell "her" what to do but occasionally offer her energies and opportunities. She is always keen.

When some of the nature spirits internal to the human, depart, the human has significant trouble with social and external processes. Severe autism is common in such situations.

Al-Zalaam

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Besides Bardon, have you come across other reading material on the Elements?

In the practical form as presented in the IIH?
No.
But there's plenty of mention of the Elements scattered throughout occult works, old and new.
Most materials I've seen which do have any practical instruction make use of rituals/ceremonial methods, however, and that is not a route I would suggest for someone genuinely determined to penetrate into the of heart of Elemental Magic.
There may be one or two books out there that are closer to the IIH than I know of, but I have not come across such works personally.

Can you recommend other reading on the elements?
Or is IIH our one and only bible to bring us through?
Personally, I find it a great benefit to be reading on the subject while training on the practices. It helps with motivation.

No, I can't really recommend anything other than the IIH. It's simply the best source I know of, both theory and practice, put together into a clear and concise course of instruction that is unparalleled thus far.
If anything, I may recommend getting a copy of Bardon's Q&A book, as it has close ties to the IIH and may compliment your studies well.

Re: Soul Mirror
Are you intentionally going into the dark aspects of yourself as a path or has this way come about of itself, a natural evolution of your personal practices?

My path has been the anti-pole to Bardon's since the beginning.
"Going into the dark aspects of yourself" is an understatement, as my path has revolved around my absolute purification and expansion into a perfect negative entity, similar to the negative intelligences of certain Planetary spheres, "demons", and etc.

As you know, dark/light both need to be integrated in-line with each other. Those scales sound like they need to be made even/balanced.

Not necessarily.
This concept is entirely dependent on your destined spiritual path and the role you are meant to fulfill.
I would say that most humans will require some mix or blend of Dark and Light as you speak of, but there will always be outliers who need to fulfill the more "Polar" roles.
Bardon and his teachings are quite similar to my own in a way, just in the opposite direction. His teachings emphasize the Light and Active(Positive) Polarity, while my path is the opposite emphasis of the Darkness and Passive(Negative) Polarity.
Admittedly though, I do emphasize my praxis of polar extremity much harsher than Bardon's course as presented in the IIH, but that's because my personal god-concept is directly tied to the polar force of Darkness itself.

I think I remember a comment from Rawn Clark regarding the Soul-Mirrors that sums up the situation well for most practitioners though.
He remarked that it is best if the student tries to get in touch with his own intuition to guide him in the practice of the Soul-Mirrors, as Bardon's emphasis on purging every negative quality possible may not be healthy or correct for everyone.
Equipoise is relative to every individual and their own inherent composition, and just like the universe contains a cosmic spectrum of diverse principles and essences, so too do humans possess a vast variety of unique spiritual compositions that may not always fit entirely within Bardon's exact instructions.

How has the transmutation of the Pos/Neg aspects of the elements been for you?
As in, have you transmuted any emotions - such as envy into caring/providing - for example?

Non-existent. I do not practice the Soul-Mirrors in this fashion, as elaborated just previously.
My work with the Soul-Mirrors more resembles the refinement of existing negative qualities, and balancing the weaknesses of one negative Element with the qualities of other negative Elements which counteract them - but I do not attempt to foster Positive vibrations of the Elements under any circumstance.
In this way, a relatively "healthy" form of equipoise is achieved within the negative spectrum.

I suppose you could roughly imagine it like the scenario between the differences of a high-functioning sociopath against a low-functioning one.

Re. The deepening of ourselves into the elements.
I know that this is really in the realm of the abstract and words for instruction are hard to hit home, especially on something so ephemeral.
Yet the question has to be posed. How do we deepen ourselves into the elements and commune with them?
I tend to gather as much symbolism and relatedness to the principle of the element, and be there within it, for sometime.

As Bardon says somewhere within the IIH, it should be the goal of the initiate to come to see every inch of the Universe through the lens of the Elements and their activities.
Trying to understand the Elements, and paying attention to how they express themselves in every aspect of existence will deepen your communion with them.
When you work with the Elements directly, you must try to sense their true vibrations, beyond just your own concocted imagination of them. Really try to get a "feel" for their essence.
Rawn Clark elaborates on this in his commentary about the accumulations in Step 3.

The extensive chart found at the end of Bardon's Q&A book will also be very valuable in this regard, especially when it comes to understanding the Elemental Temperaments within the Soul.

Immersing yourself in aspects of nature that emphasize the Elements is also a good practice.
If you find yourself in the heart of a mountain forest, a beach by the ocean, somewhere with lots of open air on a windy day, or in the desert and anywhere else where it is extremely hot and experiences intense sun-exposure, try to meditate on the presence of the corresponding Element in each scenario and let their essences seep into your being.
There used to be a series of exercises written on the old Veritas forum by a practitioner of the IIH under the name of "Prophecy", called the Elemental Harmony exercises, and they closely resembled what I just described to you now.
Unfortunately, that's all long gone.

Either way though, these kinds of practices will greatly develop your relationship with the Elements.

May I ask about your tactile senses?
I cannot, or if I do, it is very weak sense of feeling, when I feel without any aid.
Though, if I imagine myself, with an astral hand/body, of sorts, the sensations are very clear. The touch of grass, metal, dampness of dew air - etc etc.
You said it was your strongest of the senses. Can you feel without having a corresponding astral/imaginative body to work with?

It was not my strongest sense, only "decent" enough to work Elemental Magic.
I don't quite understand your last question, however.
In the IIH, you are instructed to recall the feelings of warmth, coldness, heaviness, lightness, thirst, and hunger - and yes, I could exercise these sensations within my body in a straightforward fashion without any extra imaginations.

But of any piece of advice I can give regarding the Elements now or ever, this here will be the most important - you must correct this weakness in the tactile imagination.
The feeling-sense is the most important tool for the practice of Elemental Magic in the direct form as presented in the IIH.
Visualization is useful in manipulating the Elements externally and trying to "shape" the Elements, but the feeling-sense is the tool which is most directly responsible for coalescing the Elements within yourself and building their power in the first place.
Bardon emphasizes this himself, and says this in regards to the Accumulations:

"Keep in mind that the main purpose of these exercises are strictly directed towards the sense of feeling".

The feeling-sense is an aspect of the faculties of the Water Element/Magnetic Fluid within the Spirit and Soul, and by no coincidence, the feeling-sense is also the magnet that will pull the presence of the Elements into you during these exercises.
Without a good tactile sense, it may be impossible to get much of anywhere within the direct-magic form of Elemental Magic as you cannot effectively coalesce them and thus develop dynamide, meaning you may only see significant success with the help of Ceremonial methods.
A practitioner with an exceptional feeling-sense and nothing else is better off than a practitioner that doesn't have it but possesses a good degree of the other senses in combination, at least in regard to this method of practice.

With only a mediocre tactile sense, I was able to get as far as I did with the Elements that I have mentioned previously within a few years - but if I had taken the time to master the tactile sense to its limits like I should have, then I probably would have progressed more rapidly.
But I didn't quite grasp how important the tactile sense was or how it really worked back then, so I squandered it.

Ha - so conjuring up an associated emotion with an element. Such as the feeling of pure stubbornness for Earth. Infuse yourself in a state of stubbornness and use that energy as a magnet for said element. Very very curious. Makes a lot of sense as well. There is a lot of subtlety to this technique. Must make it a point of focus.
I can see the abuse that would come from this and the warning has been heeded.
If you did balance the books (soul-mirror), there is no reason that this can't be used to get strongly acquainted with an element.

The reason this may not be healthy from the Bardonian perspective is because the most obvious emotional vibrations that would be used for the Elements are often negative ones.
For the Fire Element, anger would be an obvious choice, with the Water Element, sadness would be an obvious choice, and so on. The stubbornness of the earth that you mention is also a negative quality.
Exerting the degree of emotions necessary to invoke such effects may also be seen as fundamentally unhealthy. Normal emotions usually aren't capable of this on their own, they need to be intensified with great potency to make it effective in this way, as emotions are quite subtle forces. And given that the Positive perspective of emotionality is all about moderation, harmony, and subtlety, this practice may be considered inherently negative, as the extremity of emotionality is a negative aspect.

More importantly, however, there is a great danger to tying your emotions to Elemental operation, especially as you advanced to higher levels of power.
You may easily do serious damage due to your emotions triggering unintentional Elemental activity.
What that may look like, can easily be left to the many possibilities of your imagination.

One more thing I would like to ask is, do you use (hand) gestures magic with elements?
Such as accumulation of element with a certain defined gesture while doing so?
It is a slow slow progress, but I hope that gesturing will come into its own, in due course.

I have not.
I didn't really think about it back at that time, though I do intend to use them now once I return to a certain degree of proficiency with the Elements.
It isn't a good idea to use them when you are still working to establish a basic degree of proficiency over the Elements, however, as it may just become a crutch that you rely on which may hinder your natural momentum of development.

Angelical

On Probation
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Elemental Things are sometimes like Seasonal to Cardinal Directions in Ritual and Things. But you can also kind of Talk to Elements, there are different like -Omancy’s and Things. Then there are kind of more maybe Eastern Medicine is the best way to put it, but it gets into kind of the Priestly Breastplate.

EliasArtista

Neophyte
Reaction score
Hello Colleagues

This is a very interesting thread, I hope it can come back! I've read and practiced bardons work for many years. IT took me to amazing heights and physical feats of energy. He was amazing, but we must remember that bardon was also an spagyrist. As a true hermeticist he didn't separate but practiced the complete Hermetic tradition, but, to protect the tradition he had to hide the most important piece....

ALCHEMY

Franz Bardon on purpose said that IIH was the teachings inside the Nº1 trump of the TARO because in the TARO the number 1 card is not the first. The first card is the FOOL or 0, he did this to hide the real initial key that would grant divinity to any aspiring magician. The FOOL is the letter ALEPH in hebrew which has the power of transmutation, alchemy in itself.

Why do I say this? Because when I delved into it after working IIH things became real. Real alchemy, that is , magical-laboratory work that uses the spiritus mundi or first matter will get you in contact with the elementals and then not only will you be able to see them perfectly ( we can see them with the sides of our eyes some times) but they will appear to you in the flesh in front of you... I am not kidding...

It is my believe that through them or with their assistance you can achieve mastery of the elements in no time.
I hope we can all benefit from each others experience in this sharing!! This is a worthy topic.

Dear Al-Zalaam
How was your experience with the prophantasia excercises? Did you developed them well before projecting the elements? or just went directly to do it?

Sincerely,
Elias

Al-Zalaam

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Dear Al-Zalaam
How was your experience with the prophantasia excercises? Did you developed them well before projecting the elements? or just went directly to do it?

My relationship with the Plastic Imagination development, particularly visualization, has been very rocky for a very long time, but not necessarily due to a lack of effort on my part. In regards to the timeframe being referred to in this thread, my visualization skill was not workable for the purpose of manipulating the Elements, but my tactile imagination skill, however, was fairly decent. Enough to allow me to grip onto the Elements after an extended duration.

EliasArtista

Neophyte
Reaction score
My relationship with the Plastic Imagination development, particularly visualization, has been very rocky for a very long time, but not necessarily due to a lack of effort on my part. In regards to the timeframe being referred to in this thread, my visualization skill was not workable for the purpose of manipulating the Elements, but my tactile imagination skill, however, was fairly decent. Enough to allow me to grip onto the Elements after an extended duration.

Dear Al-Zalaam

Yes this was the case for me also, because of years in martial arts training. I can use them to exert external and internal influence but I feel the plastic imagination excercises would amount to a hidden secret of this Art.

Al-Zalaam

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Dear Al-Zalaam

Yes this was the case for me also, because of years in martial arts training. I can use them to exert external and internal influence but I feel the plastic imagination excercises would amount to a hidden secret of this Art.

The Plastic Imagination, along with the Mental mastery which precedes it in Step 1, is certainly the key to becoming an effective magician within the context of the IIH.
Most occultists these days seem content to dabble with ritual spells which only seem to work like half the time and influence little more than probabilities or mental quantities, but for those who wish to become the kind of adept magician painted by the IIH, these developments are absolutely mandatory.
With these skills, even a carnal sorcerer would be able to put nearly the entire occult community to shame with his potency.
Hence why I am always so adamant about emphasizing the importance of such work, so others may avoid squandering time due to incomplete development like I have.

EliasArtista

Neophyte
Reaction score
Dear Al-Zalaam

I Agree 100%. This why I have been working on a plant elixir to facilitate and improve this skill, so that in conjunction with practice anyone can achieve plastic imagination easily. If there are others willing to try it I can share the recipe and we can share our results and that would help me even more to improve it or find other options.

Sincerely,
Elias