• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Enochian Love

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Oh, I do prounouce YHVH as yehwah in ritual, didn't do it with actual pronountiation of actual leters. Thanks, that is interesting insight, I will try that next time.
My learning of Hebrew didn't help me with YHWH ( יהוה) because they never prounouce that, they say Adonai in prayers when they come up to the יהוה.
But yes, because it actually shouldn't be pronounced, I will try with vibrating the actual letters.
In the golden dawn paradigm (including LBRP) and derivatives/offshoots, the correct pronounciation to "vibrate" or "call" YHWH is "YOD HÉ VAV HÉ"

Mind you, I also know people who say it YE HO VAH or even YE HO VOH particularly during middle pillar.

Beyond that, and in your own workings, no one is judging ;)

Last edited:

Scottish_Pride

Meme-y Tree Nymph
Reaction score
Awards
Holy shit, man, you may be onto something! Definitely a trip, to think angels may regard Sumerian as their language of choice. And if you're right and that is what Dee had learned from them, it just opens up a whole new world of questions there. Like, were these beings specifically linked to/originating in Sumerian culture? Was there a practical reason for using Sumerian instead? Obviously ancient Sumer wasn't nearly the dawn of human history in the grand scheme of things, so what would they have used before then? Lots of speculation to be had.

Brixgh

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
יהוה - YHWH and Enochian Angel's names both lack the vowels and this is their only common ground. ( other than Divine connection)

To pronounce the name of God was forbidden and it was only pronounced once a year, by the high priest, on the Day of Atonement. Yahweh is the more correct pronunciation yet it means "He who was and is and always exists" so gives no more clue than Hashem or Adonai.. Some kind of replacement of the true name.

Tetragrammaton means consisting of four letters. We can't even be sure that "4 letters" are YHVH even. Whether originated from the real name or again derived from another construct. Today they say Adonai, (My Lord) , or Shema (the name). Elohim ( means Gods or God) So someone may come up with another 4 letters that he choose among those names or their end combination.

Tbh, whatever you pronounce as long as you mean the God Universe Divine it must be OK. But not as powerful as the True name.

YHVH it's like your father saying instead of Heliona ( assuming it was your real name just for example sake ) "Honey, "love", . etc.. He means "you" but all of these are not your real name

Why that real name is hidden and somehow forgotten? It was forbidden to pronounce yes but why it was forbidden in the first place. I don't know the real reason. I may guess.

In "Balthasar's Odyssey" A novel by Amin Maalouf he tried to address that matter within an Islamic context.

In Islam God has 99 names, they are mainly "adjectives" or "qualities" of God. They mean "The greatest", "The All-knowing", etc.. Allah as a name existed before Islam and somehow seems to be derived from El. In the book, there is another name 100th name which the true name and if you have that name, your wishes are fulfilled at once. I am not sure if the true name had such potential or not, but it was sure a powerful way to create a link.

For those who are interested in the alphabet of Enochian
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
( though the aim of the article is to prove it's a construct still gathers valuable info )

That is a site with Enochian prayers and pronunciation

There is also a book about the pronunciation of Enochian names

Roma

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
As I recall, about 1941 some US Army engineers explored a cave system in New Mexico where there had been a battle between local Indians and an alien group. The engineers found alien texts that were eventually translated by comparison to Sumerian.

Could Enochian be an alien language?

Yazata

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
יהוה - YHWH and Enochian Angel's names both lack the vowels and this is their only common ground. ( other than Divine connection)
There are also some words in Enochian that look like they are Hebrew. Two common words in Enochian ZACAR and ZAMRAN (Move and Show Yourselves) are very close to two Hebrew words that occur in the Bible:

ZKR (zakar) meaning "Remember" and ZMR (zamar) "Sing" / ZMRN (zimran) "Musician"
As Angelic choirs are said to "sing" to God, and the word ZAMRAN is often pronounced as ZodAMerANU this is another funny coincidence, though not related to the OP.

Brixgh

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
yes and another one is "luciftias", a term meaning brightness also seems interesting..Some claim a rapport with Lucifer himself through that word.

Regarding your first entries; if it's that much connected to Sumerian, it's easy to claim the moderate influence of Sumerian to Hebrew or Latin -at least in some words- hence some words may be or may look similar easily.

Yazata

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
t's easy to claim the moderate influence of Sumerian to Hebrew or Latin -at least in some words- hence some words may be or may look similar easily.
Yes. Claiming something is always easy. Coming up with a possible explanation may take some time in most cases 😉