• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Enochian

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Hello all, I have recently been looking into the origins of Enochian with some of the applications being scrying or communicating with presumably angelic beings. What is everybody's take on it? Has anybody had any experience with Enochian, conjuring angels, or using the Theban alphabet for any purposes?

Mart

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
It's a very advanced and powerful system, just like Goetia, but you could say it's the polar opposite side of the coin I suppose.
I have used maybe a couple of Enochian calls in a ritual before, but that's about the extent of my work with it.
Some people express doubts as to the nature of the Enochian spirits, as they claim to be angels, but who knows, really.

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
It's a very advanced and powerful system, just like Goetia, but you could say it's the polar opposite side of the coin I suppose.
I have used maybe a couple of Enochian calls in a ritual before, but that's about the extent of my work with it.
Some people express doubts as to the nature of the Enochian spirits, as they claim to be angels, but who knows, really.
Definitely can see how they’re opposites as Goetia is about the elevation of the individual and Enochian is about losing individuality and embracing God. I’m very interested in scrying especially scrying the aethyr although that would take years of experience and practice before I would ever attempt that. How was using Enochian calls in a ritual? Did it enhance the results?

Mart

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
I think it was one of my first rituals if not the first proper one, so can't really speak much of the results :p
Being somewhat of a maximalist and someone who doesn't really like taking half-measures, I had surely taken up more than I could handle at the time... Made plenty of mistakes, but that gave me a lot of notes on what to improve and all that.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I wish I had the time, money, and willpower to get into ceremonial magick such as goetic and enochian magic. Like Mart said, they are advanced and powerful systems, which require a lot of learning, research, set up and preperation. The thing with enochian magic for me, is that there is so much lost information, either hidden away or literally lost/destroyed. That makes it even harder to learn and get into than Goetia IMO.

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I wish I had the time, money, and willpower to get into ceremonial magick such as goetic and enochian magic. Like Mart said, they are advanced and powerful systems, which require a lot of learning, research, set up and preperation. The thing with enochian magic for me, is that there is so much lost information, either hidden away or literally lost/destroyed. That makes it even harder to learn and get into than Goetia IMO.
I totally get that. I would want to stay as pure as practice as possible but that is unrealistic so I might have to go the route of Golden Dawn / Crowley interpretation of Enochian since it is more complete and convenient to learn.

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Crowley.. eh, I guess if it floats your boat.. I personally stay away ;)
Yeah, I was just using him as an example. Preferably I'd not make him the lens I learn from but I do believe he has some valuable insight nevertheless.

Mart

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
I think it's best not to take examples from oathbreakers that supposedly went mad :D
I wouldn't want his writings to cloud my perspective, but that's just me. He's a legendary occultist for a reason, I suppose.

Fausto

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
A lot material about enochian was lost, but I believe that if you have certain precautions, you can work with such sistem without fears, I, personally, believe that it´s more dangeour to work with Satan than enochian angels.

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
A lot material about enochian was lost, but I believe that if you have certain precautions, you can work with such sistem without fears, I, personally, believe that it´s more dangeour to work with Satan than enochian angels.
I was under the impression they found Dee’s journal and additional source material in the mid 90s, what lost material are you referring to?

Fausto

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
I was under the impression they found Dee’s journal and additional source material in the mid 90s, what lost material are you referring to
But, do you have sure if all Dee´s work was founded ??
Dee can have made more lost material,.

It´s like Solomon´s work, a lot of his works were lost.

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I was under the impression they found Dee’s journal and additional source material in the mid 90s, what lost material are you referring to?
Yeah we can never truly know. We have the complete language, the keys and more than enough material to do plenty of rituals. Enochian as I’ve studied it so far, is used primarily for scrying and communicating with angels and there’s plenty of material to do those things.

The God-King

The Mystical Rebel
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I have not worked the Enochian system to any length. I was interested in it some time ago when I was running the old Wizard Forums. We had a very experienced member back then named Harry who was proficient in Enochian. I'd ask questions in PM and he basically put the fear of God in me when it comes to Enochian lol. Wild, chaotic forces of creation. I'm used to being in full control when doing spirit work (circles, seals, other materia magica and presiding angels for protection, etc) and from what I can tell, Enochian doesn't provide that sort of protection lol. One day I may be brave enough to deal with the literal forces of creation, but for now I'll just stick to my lowly angels, demons, elementals, planetary, aerial, spherical, etc :ROFLMAO:

Fausto

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
I have not worked the Enochian system to any length. I was interested in it some time ago when I was running the old Wizard Forums. We had a very experienced member back then named Harry who was proficient in Enochian. I'd ask questions in PM and he basically put the fear of God in me when it comes to Enochian lol. Wild, chaotic forces of creation. I'm used to being in full control when doing spirit work (circles, seals, other materia magica and presiding angels for protection, etc) and from what I can tell, Enochian doesn't provide that sort of protection lol. One day I may be brave enough to deal with the literal forces of creation, but for now I'll just stick to my lowly angels, demons, elementals, planetary, aerial, spherical, etc :ROFLMAO:
Every system has dangeours, but, in my view, the enoquian keys(calls) are a bomb, many of them are inverted in their functions, I mean, if you work like that, you are dealing with high voltage.

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Interesting. I've been browsing around on some other forums or blogs made by people who have allegedly scythed the Aethyrs, successfully evoked archangels, used energy manipulation, etc and it is all very fascinating. One guy even combined Shamanism with Enochian and apparently had some pretty good results. Out of curiosity, what system(s) of magic do you primarily work with?

Scottish_Pride

Meme-y Tree Nymph
Reaction score
Awards
Yeah I do not blame you, kinda in the same boat. I've heard all kinds of things about how those beings can just rip you a new one. No thanks for now. 😂

Caduceus

Neophyte
Reaction score
I miss Harry's posts. I still look at enochian as a complex cipher and vibrating the right tonal frequency is very important. I've listened and attempted the Keys in english but I believe you should try to vibrate the calls as natively as possible. Much of the calls appear to be indtructions and I'm far more fascinated at watchtowers/tablets.

I always wondererd if there weren't two hidden Aethyrs.
Enochian has 30 Aethyrs, there are a total of 10 Sephirot and 32 paths upon the Tree of Life.
There doesn't need to be but its something I've pondered.

Another thought I perused was the Dee & Kelly cooperation contrasted/compared to the Smith & his seer stones story. While different, there are aspects I consider similar (then again, there are many accounts of spirit/human interactions and revelations of secret knowledge).

I find Enochian is easy to get stuck like in a quagmire. If you don't know what you're doing you're stuck. Have I had anything unique happen while utilizing enochian?
No. Nothing I could sense. Not easy to start with but it is fun to read about.

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I miss Harry's posts. I still look at enochian as a complex cipher and vibrating the right tonal frequency is very important. I've listened and attempted the Keys in english but I believe you should try to vibrate the calls as natively as possible. Much of the calls appear to be indtructions and I'm far more fascinated at watchtowers/tablets.

I always wondererd if there weren't two hidden Aethyrs.

There doesn't need to be but its something I've pondered.

Another thought I perused was the Dee & Kelly cooperation contrasted/compared to the Smith & his seer stones story. While different, there are aspects I consider similar (then again, there are many accounts of spirit/human interactions and revelations of secret knowledge).

I find Enochian is easy to get stuck like in a quagmire. If you don't know what you're doing you're stuck. Have I had anything unique happen while utilizing enochian?
No. Nothing I could sense. Not easy to start with but it is fun to read about.
I’m reading Enochian vision Magick at the moment and probably going to read a few other books before I attempt anything. I’m definitely more interested in the Aethyric part of Enochian than the elemental. What do you utilize Enochian for?

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
From my limited understanding John Dee made a system of speaking to angels (there are others) and the language is called Enochian...after Enoch

anyway the angels supposedly don’t like to be bugged, for one they see us as lower beings made of goo who run around trying to bang, we are to them as a bug is to us, so imagine getting a phone call from a bug.

I heard a story (not enochian magic) of a holy man trying to take contact angels, each time he did he was scared to death, imagine seeing a spirit made of fire appear and saying wtf do you want?