• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Help] Evocation

Someone's asking for help!

Aiun

Neophyte
Reaction score
Hello!
Can someone suggest me any simple evocation methods that let me feel the presence of a spirit?

Yazata

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
There are a lot of modern books that you could call simple. As for feeling the presence: it's very subjective. If you are scared and do it at three o clock at night you'll probably feel more than when you are calm and do it on a Sunday afternoon.
But I'm sure someone will give you better advice.

Aiun

Neophyte
Reaction score
Black Mirror immediately comes to the mind. Here's a good video from FF:
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
I actually do have a scrying mirror, so I will try this method.
Previously, I've tried to use inhibitory method with scrying, that is to stay I stared in the mirror for more than an hour unmoving, however I managed to achieve trance-like state and get visions only once. Will try singing then. I have my doubts as to whether or not 15 minutes of singing is enough to achieve gnosis, but will try nonetheless.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I actually do have a scrying mirror, so I will try this method.
Previously, I've tried to use inhibitory method with scrying, that is to stay I stared in the mirror for more than an hour unmoving, however I managed to achieve trance-like state and get visions only once. Will try singing then. I have my doubts as to whether or not 15 minutes of singing is enough to achieve gnosis, but will try nonetheless.
It doesn't have to be singing with a rhythm. It could just be chanting. Basically you want to use as many faculties of your brain - in repetittive, mundane tasks - that would otherwise be engaged in clouding your mind/thoughts and preventing you from reaching a trance like state.

So if just the singing is not enough, try a complex finger tapping pattern like (tap 1 finger, tap 2 finger, tap 3 finger, tap 4 finger, repeat).

Also make sure that there is no lighting in the room. Obviously with absolutely no light, you wouldn't be able to see anything in the mirror, but what is essential is that there is no light reaching you or the surface of the mirror that isn't already reflected off a wall/other surface. Basically, there should be no direct line of sight to any light source, and the light source should never have a straight ray of light/photon that reaches you or the mirror, it should bounce off something.

Aiun

Neophyte
Reaction score
It doesn't have to be singing with a rhythm. It could just be chanting. Basically you want to use as many faculties of your brain - in repetittive, mundane tasks - that would otherwise be engaged in clouding your mind/thoughts and preventing you from reaching a trance like state.

So if just the singing is not enough, try a complex finger tapping pattern like (tap 1 finger, tap 2 finger, tap 3 finger, tap 4 finger, repeat).

Also make sure that there is no lighting in the room. Obviously with absolutely no light, you wouldn't be able to see anything in the mirror, but what is essential is that there is no light reaching you or the surface of the mirror that isn't already reflected off a wall/other surface. Basically, there should be no direct line of sight to any light source, and the light source should never have a straight ray of light/photon that reaches you or the mirror, it should bounce off something.
I've found prayers to the spirit I wish to contact and chanted them for ~20 mins, then stared into the mirror for about 15 mins. No results.
Will try several more times before judging this method as unreliable.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Have you tried tarot cards

I don’t scrye or meditate but I do ask my Guardian Spirit, Guardian Angel n other spirits questions via cards....you can do the same via a pendulum

Aiun

Neophyte
Reaction score
Have you tried tarot cards

I don’t scrye or meditate but I do ask my Guardian Spirit, Guardian Angel n other spirits questions via cards....you can do the same via a pendulum
I have tarot deck but I can't really claim that it is indeed spiritual activity that gives me answers. I don't have a pendulum but it will likely be the same. I seek more substantial spiritual activity like feeling of presence, unreasonable fear, voices or visions.