• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Book Recommendation Favorite Grimoires or Books on Magical Systems

Seeking or giving recommendations for books.

art-vark2323

Neophyte
Reaction score
I like collecting grimoires and learning more about different magical systems. Eventually, I'd like to open up an occult book shop, so I am always looking to learn more about what other folks feel like has been interesting or helpful to their practice. I'd be really curious to hear more about other people's favorite grimoires and books on magic! Right now, I'm reading a lot of books, but the main two I can think of are the Ars Notoria (courtesy of someone here who was kind enough to help me get a digital copy) and the Hekataeon by Jack Grayle.

Reaction score
Awards
{Grab Ars Notoria (A&B) by Skinner if that’s not the version you’re looking at. Both are available in the book sharing forum.}

In no particular order:

Ars Notoria, Oberon, Arbatel, Honorius, Heptameron, DSIC, Agrippa, Verum, LKOS, KOS, Sefer Yetzirah, The Bible, Abramelin, 6&7 Books of Moses, Sword of Moses, GMP, …

Anything at least a couple hundred years old written by dead dudes to be honest. I haven’t worked through too many “newer” systems outside of chaos magic. Most anything translated by Peterson, Skinner, etc…. Seems like someone is always discovering a new grimoire to translate and that will only happen more and more as the old libraries keep digitizing their older more niche manuscripts. I like to read different versions of all of the above. Lot of obvious overlap but I’ve always found getting different views and styles of working with magic to be helpful. None of the works are that long so I just prefer to at least skim them all and different versions of each.

-Eld

Reaction score
Awards
"The Magus" by Barrett, or "Three Books of Occult Philosophy" by Agrippa.
Runners up -- "The Golden Dawn" by Regardie", "Magick"by Aleister Crowley. The Sword of Moses, Greater Key of Solomon. Lesser Key of Solomon.
Honorable Mentions -- "Magick in Theory and Practice" by Crowley, "777" by Regardie and Crowley, "A Garden of Pomegranites" by Cicero and Regardie.