• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Feral Sorcery Topic: Using Used Tealight Tins as Talismans or Candle Holders

Reaction score
Awards

What you will need:​

Needle-nose pliers or tweezers
Used tealight tins
Pack of mounting putty
Candles of various sizes <= area of tin
Heavy object with flat bottom

MAKING TALISMANS
Take tealight tin, lightly pry away the tin from the candle (<1/8 in)
Hold tealight tin by silver base in one hand, with dominant hand, gently twist and pull on wick
When wax has been removed, fold in four flat corners, then round it manually
Take heavy object and stamp it flat.
Turn it around and put design on with small tip sharpie

MAKING CANDLE HOLDERS
Take tealight tin, lightly pry away the tin from the candle (<1/8 in)
Hold tealight tin by silver base in one hand, with dominant hand, gently twist and pull on wick
When wax has been removed, gently pattern back into flat and round shape manually
Take heavy object and stamp center inside flat.
Put a piece of putty in center and press flat
Take a chime, spell, birthday candle and incense stick and neatly twist in all four items and press putty around them to secure.
Test with only one at a time.

Feral sorcery is the act of reinventing an item using commonly found used items.

Ancient

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
I like this. One of my favorite parts of sorcery and witchcraft is fiddling with objects and crafts. Earlier this year I made a ritual dagger out of some scrap steel and wood I had kicking around at work. Spend your time, not your dimes.

Reaction score
Awards
Nice, how did you craft the wood for the dagger. I need to make one for myself fairly soon, when I approach Theoricus.

Ancient

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

I used two pieces of garden stake and traced and chiselled out a section for the tang. A couple simple machine screws and nuts with some wood glue holds the whole thing together. Then I used a palm sander with coarse grit paper to shape it, and smoothed it by hand with a fine grit. Nothing fancy, but I abide by this turn of phrase from my grandfather: “Vi are not building a fucking piano!!”.

Most knives like this won’t see a ton of real work, so you just need sturdy, not perfect. They’re quite a simple design, and you can spend as long as you like on the aesthetic and feel of it, whether carving and shaping the wood by hand or polishing and sharpening the blade to a glistening shine.

Reaction score
Awards
Love the process! I originally in former self initiate days bought all five elemental weapons from the Ciceros, who painted them and all. However, the dagger and sword were first to break. With the pentacle, I'm going to get a hockey puck, and paint it after spraying clear gloss over it. With the air dagger, I had no clue til now, but this also gives me ideas for the sword, unless I can find an appropriate one. I want my tools to be rugged over time and not break in pieces again.

Reaction score
Awards
One thing you can do is to create herbs and spices mixture for a working associated with the herbs and spices used.
It can be hot, cool, dual or a mix.

What you will need:
Appropriately colored felt drawstring bags to hold mojo mix
Two colored bowls that barely touch each other, but has a somewhat flat bottom even with an outer lip for crushing
The color should match your working. Same with candle selection.
A Bible with book of Palms, Proverbs, OT and NT.
Elemental weapons
Herbs and spices to mix

DIRECTIONS
Take larger bowl of the two and layer herbs and spices to mix.
Take smaller bowl and press down and twist back and forth. You will feel resistance and friction at times.
Mix lower bowl with finger and repeat until completely smooth and mixed.
Light altar candles and incense, have water cup nearby.
Pray/invoke over the bowl
Fill mojo bag for down, and half-tie, and swing from finger for water and smoke consecration thrice each thrice
Consecrate mojo bag with water and smoke within salt circle.
Pray appropriate verses suited to your goal, even cherry picked partial verses if necessary.
Praise over them until you feel charged and lay hands on the mojo bag.
Snuff incense and candles.

Cover mojo bag with colored wrap and store away, or hang in your dwelling where it is most appropriate.

Last edited: