• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Archive] [Feywer96] Simple Method of Sealing the Aura

A thread that was copied from the original Wizard Forums.
Sealing the Aura or "bodily energy field" is a topic of which I find little discussion on. Well, I should say - if there is, what I've found is regurgitated new age "crystal healing" stuff, and nothing useful. And sealing is not the same as grounding. Grounding involves the release of energies, and sealing involves the retainment of ones.

The benefits of doing this are helpful in protection during psychic or magical attack, quickening of healing (a psychological "benefit" I would say) and general well-being.

There are many methods of doing such an operation - and you will undoubtedly find a whole slew of them out there. One that comes to mind is the egg cleansing method, in which an egg is used to remove any undesired energies or forces from the person. Another is smudging, or "smoke therapy" in a sense, in which smoke is passed around [the body] with a similar intention; which most people already know about.

This method is very simple but effective. It is advised to be performed on every full moon for reinvigoration. This can be performed in conjunction after a prepared "magic bath" for added effort and strength.

First, consecrate the water and salt (Wiccan procedure), or use holy water, or what-ever such imbued water is used. Otherwise, simply using fresh spring water and consecrating it yourself with a short prayer or aphorism is suitable. Then, stand naked (a bathroom may be preferable) and with the water, dip the index and forefinger into the water and then touch each of the bodily openings in turn, each while saying:

"I seal and purify my body and aura, against all evil and wickedness; in the Name(s) of ..." or any variety of suitably intentive-of-choice words.

All of the bodily openings should be sealed in this way. There are 10 openings: The mouth, nostrils, ears, nipples, anus, genitals and belly button. Any open wounds should also be taken care in sealing as well.

The overall concept here couldn't be more blatant. And if it is understood, then it can be applied to different methods with the purpose retained.

I'm curious as to know why I haven't found other methods of stuff like this really. Maybe my searching on WF and google is shit and there are threads everywhere~ But anyway, this is a thing I was thinking about recently and wanted to share I guess. If anyone else has methods reminiscent or similar I would love to hear them, also just thoughts too. Thanks~

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Can things get out if you're sealed up like that? (Serious question.) That is, if I want to project anything magickal, do I have to unseal? Or just fire away, breaking the seal?

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
This tutorial is from the archives, @Feywer is currently once again a member. I personally wouldn't include the nipples but instead the eyes and get to a total of 9 "gates".

And I don't think this is intended to prevent anything from leaving your body but rather to stop unwanted things entering.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Is there a definition of the evil that is being excluded?

It may be that different species have different views of what is evil.

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Is there a definition of the evil that is being excluded?

It may be that different species have different views of what is evil.
🙄 Why would another species' definition of evil matter? If I plant mint by my windows to keep bugs out do I have to care if bugs consider themselves to be pests?

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Why would another species' definition of evil matter?
I wondered if it was only the evil known/believed by the culture/species of the reciter that was to be excluded.

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I wondered if it was only the evil known/believed by the culture/species of the reciter that was to be excluded.
O, I think you want to direct the conversation to your point on given permissions again.
It seems logical to treat this as any other type of cleansing / banishing / protection that used Holy Water (water mixed with salt and blessed).

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
My point is: does the invoker's understanding have anything to do with what is invoked?

Some alien sources say: Everything you believe is wrong.

Would that affect an invocation or prayer?

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Jesus.

The prayer given here is tailored to the individual, their own beliefs/paradigm etc.

It feels like your idea is that everybody can only be saved by you (or your ways).

Ziran

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
does the invoker's understanding have anything to do with what is invoked?

It depends on the invocation.

Some alien sources say: Everything you believe is wrong.

Then believing that source would also be wrong. It's a form of the "liar's paradox". Those who speak this way are best ignored. It's a cognitive trap; it's an endless loop.

Would that affect an invocation or prayer?

Yes. "Everything you believe is wrong" introduces looping, chaotic, self-reinforcing turbulance. Think of it like feedback from an electric guitar into a microphone.

In terms of prayer and invocation "tohu" is being included as an uninvited participant.

The underlying mechanics of the ritual is intended to prevent invasion by those who are deemed by the practioner to be oppositional to themself. Yes the disposition of the individual matters. Example: some ( many? ) consider the tax-collector oppositional, but, I do not.

Skop

Visitor
Reaction score
A question that's preventing me from practicing is:
Will the sealing be directly on the skin of the body or the aura which is, from my understanding, a oval type field around a person.

Ziran

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Sometimes it turned out that bad things that happened to me later seemed to be good

Of course. Almost everything can be flipped into an advantage. Conversely almost any assett can become a liability. The sword is tempered in fire and oil, then it sacrifices itself to develop an edge. But that is not the only way. There is also the artful-dodge and iron-skin.

epsilon

Neophyte
Reaction score
Can things get out if you're sealed up like that? (Serious question.) That is, if I want to project anything magickal, do I have to unseal? Or just fire away, breaking the seal?
This is such a good question man. I've sealed things with my own practice that worked too well. Things can seriously possibly not get out and cause physical side effects. From inflammation and in extreme cases septic shock.

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
This is such a good question man. I've sealed things with my own practice that worked too well. Things can seriously possibly not get out and cause physical side effects. From inflammation and in extreme cases septic shock.
Sounds incredible.

Please share your technique so that someone who has purified or cleansed him / herself can seal their body with it to avoid anything leaking in or out.