• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] Fine, I will address the elephant in the room (if I understand the phrase correctly)

Everyone's got one.

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Can I add the dumb joke that currently there's a donkey in the room instead of an elephant?

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Can I add the dumb joke that currently there's a donkey in the room instead of an elephant?
Sure, even if I you reckon I am that donkey. Though "jackass" is the more colorful term.

One caveat, wait a decade and look at the world then. You'll find my views on this score far closer to the then-regnant reality than any of the other posts herein. Most people---including, sadly, practitioners of magick--- are solipsists. Their one admantine belief is that while the world changes, it won't change TOO very much, upsetting their corner of it. If you think the war is about Ukraine's "freedom," or "democracy," you're living under an enchantment. (And being cucked while you do so.)

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I thought for sure an american would get the joke. Guess not

stalkinghyena

Labore et Constantia
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I thought for sure an american would get the joke. Guess not
I got it, I just didn't hit the reaction score button because I am absent minded dick. Or I was distracted the notion an extraneous notion of a donkey being elevated to the image of Deity. It's in both Grant and Nietzsche, I swear it! But these are confusing times.

If you think the war is about Ukraine's "freedom," or "democracy," you're living under an enchantment. (And being cucked while you do so.)
Or artillery fire.

Last edited:

Djnenas

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
I just don't care for politics anymore. When i was young i always had this drive to make things better all around for everybody equally (that includes all forms of life, not only humans)...but as the gray hairs of wisdom embellished my head, i've grown to understand why it is best to leave things the way they are and just not get involved. People will be people, and there is nothing any one individual can do to change that. Everybody has grown up differently with different parents, different opinions, views, etc... it would take an unbelievably HUGE effort to re-educate every single individual back to basics of decency. Something that has proven impossible for every single individual. Unfair, fowl things will happen whether you like it or not and there is nothing you can do to prevent or stop it. Your personal life has enough happening in it to keep you busy for the rest of your destined time here. Politicians only have a slim chance of changing certain things for a while until another politician comes and changes them back to whatever suits him better. The people have no say in what happens with the things that truly matter. In North America they tell children at school that violence is not the answer... but what are the children seeing on TV and internet??? Whenever America wants to get their point accross in another country, they do war!!! If they read just a little bit of history, VIOLENCE is all they will read about whenever a big change was accomplished. Nope, no, no, no. No, thanks.... I got enough on my plate!!! :rolleyes:

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Like Tenn
It's amazing that your digging up all political threads and didn't get that joke. With all due respect of course..
Like Tennessee Ernie Ford sang, "You dig 16 threads an' whatta you get..." I was exhausted with thread-mining.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I just don't care for politics anymore. When i was young i always had this drive to make things better all around for everybody equally (that includes all forms of life, not only humans)...but as the gray hairs of wisdom embellished my head, i've grown to understand why it is best to leave things the way they are and just not get involved. People will be people, and there is nothing any one individual can do to change that. Everybody has grown up differently with different parents, different opinions, views, etc... it would take an unbelievably HUGE effort to re-educate every single individual back to basics of decency. Something that has proven impossible for every single individual. Unfair, fowl things will happen whether you like it or not and there is nothing you can do to prevent or stop it. Your personal life has enough happening in it to keep you busy for the rest of your destined time here. Politicians only have a slim chance of changing certain things for a while until another politician comes and changes them back to whatever suits him better. The people have no say in what happens with the things that truly matter. In North America they tell children at school that violence is not the answer... but what are the children seeing on TV and internet??? Whenever America wants to get their point accross in another country, they do war!!! If they read just a little bit of history, VIOLENCE is all they will read about whenever a big change was accomplished. Nope, no, no, no. No, thanks.... I got enough on my plate!!! :rolleyes:
For someone who cares to look close, there has been remarkably LITTLE change of policy in the West for over a century now. (There are those who can argue pretty convincingly this goes back much farther.)
Post automatically merged:

C'mon. You can guess it's nothing good. He said, "Another day older an' deeper in debt." Actually he sang, "You load 16 tons (of coal) and what do you get?" (Google it. Old, old song.) One digs 16 threads and he misses jokes in the open. So he gets disrespected. Albeit, with all due respect.

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
For someone who cares to look close, there has been remarkably LITTLE change of policy in the West for over a century now. (There are those who can argue pretty convincingly this goes back much farther.)
To be honest, I don't really get what your point is. You come to an occult forum to only talk politics?
Now you respond to someone who states he doesn't care anymore and want to drag them back into a discussion? Why?

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
To be honest, I really don't get what your point is following me around. Are you the house detective of sumpin'? If you'd look closer, you'd see I have made a roughly like number of non-political threads. And, in any case, why have a section for political threads if you're going to discourage people posting in them. Thank the gods you're not a librarian. You'd badger the old farts who look at the newspapers and neglect the much more important literature section.
And how is a DIGITAL post "dragging" anyone? If the individual honestly did not care, he would leave and say nothing. Maybe I was hinting he should care. Anyhow, thanks for all the attention. Be advised I don't eat chocolates, but very much appreciate my admirers sending roses.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I can't get offended if I don't get your point. Subtlety is just a word between "submarine" and "succotash." Should I call you "Sherlock" or "Officer"; "Constable" or "Commisar"?