• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] Foods that harm and foods that heal

Everyone's got one.
Reaction score
Awards
A good way to curse or bless, hurt or heal, is through food shared at potlucks or whatnot. This was essentially the definition of potluck.

In Hoodoo, as far as I have learned, is that herbs carry power, as do spices, if used correctly. Making an oil without waking or blessing the herbs properly is essentially trampled salt, it is essentially useless normal mundane herbs and spices.

Therefore, we wake and bless our ingredient sand use them as a garnish or topping, or mixed into a cold sauce. Then we feed our targets. Magic and service.

Yazata

Staff member
Sentinel
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Well, that's a thing not exclusively to Hoodoo I think. Since a lot of Herbs and plants / vegetables have planetary correspondences you could prepare a dish as a sort of talisman.
I did something like that once by marinating a steak with herbs associated with Mercury to aid healing. Even if it did nothing it was a good meal :)

Might be an interesting thread: planetary recipes. Like your other Magickal cookbook thread

Reaction score
Awards
Oh, do I have cookbooks. Love the thought, I think I will throughly investigate and try this. Perhaps curse breakers and road openers, unheeding, uncrossing. Since I will want to sample it as well. Maybe my neighbors will move, or perhaps I will find an isolated house in the country where I can fully practice.

At a freebie shop I found a Small Batch Baking cookbook Ive been dying to try. I might do oils for specific folks and bake them something.

Last edited:

erPotax

Neophyte
Reaction score
Only fruits are food meant for the human body(especially tropical fruits) and that heal, as they're an electric type of food and rich in water content. Spices and herbs are not food nor medicine, they are stimulants but don't cure the body.

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
herbs carry power, as do spices, if used correctly. Making an oil without waking or blessing the herbs properly is essentially trampled salt, it is essentially useless normal mundane herbs and spices.
Isn't it true for most things though?
Most ingredients or objects, if not blessed or "worked on"(in any capacity) , won't they be just your every day stuff?
Granted though, even mundane things have their value.

Spices and herbs are not food nor medicine, they are stimulants but don't cure the body.
Many medicinal books would disagree with this.
Plus, what you think people in old ages-or even in tribal communities-used to cure themselves before modern medicine was a thing?

Reaction score
Awards
All great points made.

Let's start with a very basic recipe, a cookie. One large, giant cookie. Let us imbue this cookie recipe with hotfoot ingredients.
It may not taste the greatest, but we shall see. Let me grab a cookbook here. "Small Batch Baking" by Debby Maugans Nakos.
JK's favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies, adding to it lemon-lime, cayenne, barberry, blackberry leaves, a healthy pinch of rose thorns, and jalapeño. The entire cookie is to be given to the target.

I advise making a grapeseed base oil adding the hot ingedients in good measure to make it empowered, and add the oil to the final dough, perhaps "dressing the cookies" with intent to hotfoot your target, then smash the dough together, and exhausting yourself, push that baking sheet in the oven. Strain through a #4 coffee filter. 1 equal part each, recommended part 2 ounces.

The normal recipe:
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon unsalted room temperature butter
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon well-beaten egg substitute
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips.

1 baking sheet

Cooking process:
Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350F
Set aside an ungraded baking sheet

Place the flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl and whisk to blend.

Place 1/2 of the oil, the butter, brown sugar, wasted ingredients, granulated sugar, and vanilla in a medium to large sized mixing bowl, and mix with electric mixer for about 20 seconds, until well blended. Add the egg, reduce mixing to medium, and beat until blended, avbout 10 seconds. Add the chocolate chips, stirring them with the flour mixture.

Scoop the batter onto the baking sheet, and knead th rest of your hotfoot oil into it completely. Bake the cookie until golden brown and somewhat firm.
(10-15 minutes, but with a giant cooke perhaps 20.
Remove the baking sheet from the oven, place it on a wire rack, and let it cool for 5 minutes. Then use a metal spatula to transfer the cookie to rack and let cool completely.
Post automatically merged:

If you want a healing cookie, sometimes being given a cookie like that without the "hot" ingredients is healing.
Post automatically merged:

Some herbs as healing properties:
Allheal
Althaea Leaves
Angelica Root
Asafoetida
Balm of Gilead
Buckeye Nut
Burdock Root
Calendula Flowers
Chamomile Flowers
Coltsfoot
Eyebright
Feverfew
Hops
Hyssop
Life Everlasting
Mint
Sarsaparilla Root
Selfheal
Star Anise
Ten Bark
Thyme
Wormwood

Now, verify the safety of these that you mix together and add to the Healing Cookie for example, mint anise and thyme might not be too noticeable.

Last edited:

VoxNoctifer

Neophyte
Reaction score
For me it's also a matter of what energies you put into what you cook or prepare. Think of how our own energies resonate during rituals and are so important in achieving our goals. What holds true for the preparation of ingredients in ritual and what you pour emotionally/spiritually into the process, can also be said for the ingredients of a meal. I find that foods I make with patience and great care have a much more positive spiritual effect on me. There's also the matter of what aligns best with your spirit and I believe this is why certain diets are better for certain people.

Reaction score
Awards
So if your friends and family constantly impress you with their culinary delights, it probably says as much about your relationship with them as it does about their prowess in the kitchen.

Researchers looking into human experience found that our experience of a physical sensation, such as taste, is affected by how we perceive the person administering it.
In another example, the psychologists, from the University of Maryland, also found that patients in hospital felt less pain during procedures when they were carried out by a sweet-natured nurse.

Professor Kurt Gray said: 'The way we read another person's intentions changes our physical experience of the world.

'The results confirm that good intentions - even misguided ones - can soothe pain, increase pleasure and make things taste better. It seems we also use the intentions of others as a guide for basic physical experience.' The study, to be published in the journal Social Psychological and Personality Science, states that physical events are influenced by the perceived contents of another person's mind.