• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

For anyone, what are your views on the afterlife?

Aeternus

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Those who develop or demonstrate exemplary abilities attain to afterlife. This may range from rebirth (with varying degrees of choice depending on abilities developed) up to actual apotheosis. Devotion to god, gods, God, Godhead does not much enter into it---no one likes fawning suck-ups, least of all the divinities.

The rest? They/we get, as it were, recycled. One sinks back to the state of spiritual larvae. Maybe he'll do better next time, but the odds are always against one. Shakyamuni's remark about a turtle randomly sticking his head through a wooden barrel-hoop floating in the ocean is appropos here.

This view is hardly original. Evola sketches it out in his writings and points to parallels in the old Roman religion. Likewise, David Eden Lane made a provoking remark that the Nordic notion of Valhalla might be interpreted as reincarnation into this realm.
Thank you for sharing your views 😀!

Well, I guess it is to some point right that sticking up to devotion to deities, God, Gods etc. won't necessarily provide you a very high great degree in the spiritual ascension. In my opinion and research, it would provide some lower but still profound ascension.

I believe it as well that we may reincarnate if we didn't accomplish our mission.

To some point I find it interesting that the Nordic notion of Valhalla might be interpreted as reincarnation into this realm.

I got one question though, based on your views: how many times are we recycled in order to become better? Is there a limit to reincarnations, or not?

Thanks 😊

Xenophon

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Thank you for sharing your views 😀!

Well, I guess it is to some point right that sticking up to devotion to deities, God, Gods etc. won't necessarily provide you a very high great degree in the spiritual ascension. In my opinion and research, it would provide some lower but still profound ascension.

I believe it as well that we may reincarnate if we didn't accomplish our mission.

To some point I find it interesting that the Nordic notion of Valhalla might be interpreted as reincarnation into this realm.

I got one question though, based on your views: how many times are we recycled in order to become better? Is there a limit to reincarnations, or not?

Thanks 😊
Re: recycling---I've never heard of an upper limit being set. How many times can you recycle the aluminum in a Bud Lite can? Interestingly, I recall an article by a knifesmith commissioned to make a copy of King Tut's golden dagger. He had to recast it a couple times and was worried: apparently gold gets brittle if recast too often. Souls, too?

In the schema I work off of, we are not recycled in order to become better. Following Nimrod de Rosario's writings, we are recycled for purposes of the Demiyrge's cosmic vampirism. Existence---as the Buddha says---is suffering. Living more so. Aware life even more so. The Demiurge exists to exploit. There are ways out of this, as hinted earlier in my previous post. But to do this works against the cosmos' economy. A variant on gnosticism, this. (Interestingly and as an aside, Donald Webb notes that the Buddha got most things right and successfully withstood the famed three temptations, only to succumb to a fourth, the lure of Nirvana.)
Post automatically merged:

An interesting tidbit. I'm reading Donald Webb's book on vampirism and he suggests one meditating on the question of what to do on a rainy afterlife with no internet. He suggests this will be a useful exercise for dealing with the afterlife, but does not elaborate. Jung, too, was surprised that such dead as he encountered knew no more (and maybe less) than they did while alive.

Great. I spend my life getting as far away from Podunk Hills, Montana as I can only to be sent back to a place very much like it.

Last edited: