• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

For those who would like to Astral Travel I recommend this...

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Hello everyone, I just wanted to let those who are having difficulties on how to Astral Project, to learn how to Lucid Dream first. Now, I haven't gotten to the point where I can really exit a Lucid Dream and enter the Astral Plane, for I am just starting on my Lucid Dream Journeys. So far, I've had 3 Lucid Dream Journeys, but I think that it is way easier when you get to Lucid Dream first, and then exit The Lucid Dream into the Astral. Learn techniques to help you Lucid Dream, I know I am at the moment. I hope that his may help you succeed, but what I recommend the most is to have fun with the whole process, and be patient. Don't take it to seriously, and don't pay no mind to the techniques so much. Thank you!!

Saturday

Visitor
Reaction score
I haven't been able to astral travel yet, but I have had a lot of lucid dreams so I can give some anecdotal tips that may or may not work for some people. The only technique that's worked consistently so far for me was counting the fingers on your hand while awake and associating that with being awake. Because in a dream you can't actually count the number on your fingers, it looks kind of like when you're crossing your eyes and makes your fingers have an uncountable amount. You have to do this a lot, like at least every hour, so that it becomes a habit and you remember to do it while you're dreaming. Personally, I've had results in a week or two of doing this. Drinking magnesium and b6 before sleeping has also given me a lot of lucid dreams and vivid dreams in general.

dannerz

Neophyte
Reaction score
I think soul projection only works for specific soul types, otherwise leaving would make your earth body die. I've had lucid dreams before. I have not soul projected ever, as far as i know. I do bilocation. And something like servitors connected to my body that i can send out to do work and visit locations.

ryen

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I started being able to effectively trigger lucid dreaming when I realized that there were some cues my mind and body would let on before going into a sleep session that resulted in lucid dreaming/astral experiences. Mind you, this is only what I've experienced and probably not the same for everyone. And this kind of stuff is sometimes hard to explain.

The first big cue I noticed was that a bit after laying down, I would feel this particular heaviness+wavy feeling between the top of my head and forehead (presumably third eye activity). If I caught it at the right time, I could almost flex that part of my brain it felt like, and start breathing as slow and deep as I could. Every breath I would try to sink into my body more. It would lead to a very particular feeling in the body. Slightly electrical. It's like that feeling you get in your body when you're dead tired, lay down and close your eyes and you feel your body drift, but you feel it while your mind is way more awake. Then you get to this point where you feel something very different, like a floating sensation. It's when you're awake + asleep.

Once I started listening to my body and mind more, and remember the different phases I would go through, my success rate shot up. And things like whenever I fasted, and even things you intake like @Saturday mentioned.

I will say in all honesty though that it's been a while since I've really dedicated myself to it. Partly because I consume cannabis for medical reasons every night, which pretty much nulls out most dreams I'm supposed to be experiencing. It sort of sucks because right now in particular, I've taken on a new set of practices that require my dream state to be as vivid as possible so I can catch spirit communication. So this is something I need to actively start practicing again reducing my intake.

But keep at it! Every night! Keep a log next your bed with a pen in between the page you're going to be writing on. Dreams like to fade within seconds of awakening. Even if you don't lucid dream/astral travel/or dream at all that night, still write something down. Write down what you did differently the night before if anything. Maybe if you remember the last thing you were thinking about. The exercise becomes that over time you become more aware of your dream states and have a log you can refer back to of things that helped out or didn't help.

I think soul projection only works for specific soul types, otherwise leaving would make your earth body die. I've had lucid dreams before. I have not soul projected ever, as far as i know. I do bilocation. And something like servitors connected to my body that i can send out to do work and visit locations.
I've seen/heard the idea that your soul leaving your body can cause you to die tossed around a bit. I think in the most technical sense yes, if your soul leaves your body, you're effectively dead. But I think your astral body is different than your soul, more like the highest layer encapsulating your soul. To me, astral body/spirit are sort of synonymous.

I think of it like the our astral body/spirit being a drone, while the soul is the FPV pilot. The drone has a "tether" to it if you will, which determines the range and signal quality between drone to pilot. It seems like the there may be cosmic systems in place that provide that same kind of "tether" but with more restrictions. Like if you get too far, the astral drone returns to home automatically. Don't think there's ever been a recorded case of someone going into a coma or anything during meditation or attempted astral travel, although I may be wrong. And when you die, I think the pilot just gets communication cut with the old drone entirely and get connected to a different one.

All I'm trying to get to is that I'm pretty confident you can't astral travel too far, or anything of that matter. I've always been woken up before even feeling like that was a possibility. You could though, encounter some nasties out there which is a whole separate topic.

Ratskrt

Visitor
Reaction score
I started being able to effectively trigger lucid dreaming when I realized that there were some cues my mind and body would let on before going into a sleep session that resulted in lucid dreaming/astral experiences. Mind you, this is only what I've experienced and probably not the same for everyone. And this kind of stuff is sometimes hard to explain.

The first big cue I noticed was that a bit after laying down, I would feel this particular heaviness+wavy feeling between the top of my head and forehead (presumably third eye activity). If I caught it at the right time, I could almost flex that part of my brain it felt like, and start breathing as slow and deep as I could. Every breath I would try to sink into my body more. It would lead to a very particular feeling in the body. Slightly electrical. It's like that feeling you get in your body when you're dead tired, lay down and close your eyes and you feel your body drift, but you feel it while your mind is way more awake. Then you get to this point where you feel something very different, like a floating sensation. It's when you're awake + asleep.

Once I started listening to my body and mind more, and remember the different phases I would go through, my success rate shot up. And things like whenever I fasted, and even things you intake like @Saturday mentioned.

I will say in all honesty though that it's been a while since I've really dedicated myself to it. Partly because I consume cannabis for medical reasons every night, which pretty much nulls out most dreams I'm supposed to be experiencing. It sort of sucks because right now in particular, I've taken on a new set of practices that require my dream state to be as vivid as possible so I can catch spirit communication. So this is something I need to actively start practicing again reducing my intake.

But keep at it! Every night! Keep a log next your bed with a pen in between the page you're going to be writing on. Dreams like to fade within seconds of awakening. Even if you don't lucid dream/astral travel/or dream at all that night, still write something down. Write down what you did differently the night before if anything. Maybe if you remember the last thing you were thinking about. The exercise becomes that over time you become more aware of your dream states and have a log you can refer back to of things that helped out or didn't help.

I've seen/heard the idea that your soul leaving your body can cause you to die tossed around a bit. I think in the most technical sense yes, if your soul leaves your body, you're effectively dead. But I think your astral body is different than your soul, more like the highest layer encapsulating your soul. To me, astral body/spirit are sort of synonymous.

I think of it like the our astral body/spirit being a drone, while the soul is the FPV pilot. The drone has a "tether" to it if you will, which determines the range and signal quality between drone to pilot. It seems like the there may be cosmic systems in place that provide that same kind of "tether" but with more restrictions. Like if you get too far, the astral drone returns to home automatically. Don't think there's ever been a recorded case of someone going into a coma or anything during meditation or attempted astral travel, although I may be wrong. And when you die, I think the pilot just gets communication cut with the old drone entirely and get connected to a different one.

All I'm trying to get to is that I'm pretty confident you can't astral travel too far, or anything of that matter. I've always been woken up before even feeling like that was a possibility. You could though, encounter some nasties out there which is a whole separate topic.
I’m interested to learn about the “nasties”, I’ve heard of entities thrown around pertaining to not looking in mirrors while astral projecting, or something that would want to occupy your body while you are out of it. Would be super interested if you made a thread regarding this!

Yazata

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I can almost always remember my dreams in detail and most of the time they are very vivid and I have a certain degree of control in them. But as for real lucidity I only experienced that a couple of times and it's always very brief.
Almost all my dreams start with me leaving a room or a house or whatever and end with me returning to that location. The few times when I don't make it back to the starting point result in me waking up with a headache.
Maybe I am overthinking it or xpecting too much from lucid dreaming.

Pestifer Mundi

Magic Larper
Reaction score
Awards
Hello everyone, I just wanted to let those who are having difficulties on how to Astral Project, to learn how to Lucid Dream first. Now, I haven't gotten to the point where I can really exit a Lucid Dream and enter the Astral Plane, for I am just starting on my Lucid Dream Journeys. So far, I've had 3 Lucid Dream Journeys, but I think that it is way easier when you get to Lucid Dream first, and then exit The Lucid Dream into the Astral. Learn techniques to help you Lucid Dream, I know I am at the moment. I hope that his may help you succeed, but what I recommend the most is to have fun with the whole process, and be patient. Don't take it to seriously, and don't pay no mind to the techniques so much. Thank you!!
Ever heard of the hemi-sync tapes?, look into it and then download the torrent in my thread if you are interested:

TBH I haven't tested it yet but I probably will soon

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Ever heard of the hemi-sync tapes?, look into it and then download the torrent in my thread if you are interested:

TBH I haven't tested it yet but I probably will soon
I will for sure check them out thank you friend!!!

Parallax

Neophyte
Reaction score
I think entering into astral projection may be as simple as going to sleep is.
It’s about the pure intention and focus of it. Going to sleep
Is completely letting go and allowing yourself to entered into the state.
I haven’t become adept personally yet.
The few times I’ve tried entering into astral projection I usually sense something coming to be in the beginning and I force myself awake in fear of what approaches.
Why do you think this is? It’s typically a force I sense outside of the “room” I am in and feel it approaching me through the building and freak out and exit the state.
How do I fix this as I feel it stands between me and a successful experience.
I also had an experience with the Simon necronomicon that wasn’t the worse but scared me bad when I entered into a astral like state and had to fight to the awake world.

Parallax

Neophyte
Reaction score
Is your fear keeping you safe from the "force" that approaches you?
I never see this force and yet I feel it as if it is a individual being. In hindsight feeling it is almost as solid as seeing it.
Idk why I’m scared of it but something about it must set off alarms for me on some instinctual level for my psyche to throw these labels on it.
I just want to be able to pass through this stage to successfully astral project.

Roma

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Astral projection is often seen as a distraction from working with higher energies

The human needs to control physical desires, emotional desires and mental thoughts as some of the preconditions for first stage enlightenment

Challis

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
between the top of my head and forehead (presumably third eye activity). If I caught it at the right time, I could almost flex that part of my brain
We are not alone. I am very glad to be reading that others can do this. It definitely increases that dream gland activity. I struggle with attention and also use cannabis, and have only had 2 lucid dreams (both prior to starting my astral attempts). However I consistently have wild visions and dreams.

Not always. Of course we have exterior factors. For example it's colder and that makes it harder to concentrate. Now, I know to focus on lucid dreaming and not astral, or both, I should be able to LD easier in the future.

Reaction score
Awards
I've had a few experiences.
In 1998 I was sleeping on my futon and felt someone sit on my bed. My chest started to rock, and I woke up cancelling that experience. At that point I was working with witchcraft and starting to seriously read The Golden Dawn and had worked the Cone of Power from Drawing Down the Moon near Halloween.

Second experience. In 2001 I had a dream where I would wake up to use the bathroom, and look back to see myself still in bed, this dream would reoccur about three times a night for four consecutive nights.

Third experience. It was 2012 and I had been dabbling with invoking Lilith, and had been reading Paul Foster Cases' Occult Fundamentals and Magic & Mysticism. I had a dream where I was walking down a tunnel and physically feeling my chest rocking, and decided to continue to walk down the tunnel. Ahead of me was a large wooden door, and a hooded robed kan or woman sitting nearby with its back to me. I received an uneasy feeling about it and woke up.