• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Freya Devotions for A Friend

persepholloway

Neophyte
Reaction score
Hello!

A Canadian friend of mine is just getting started with his own pagan practice - though he has a lot of life experience around general paganism - and is very drawn to working with Freya. I cannot assist directly as she isn’t one of my deities and I don’t follow much of the Norse paths.

He also likes chanting as a process for connecting with the divine. I feel he is probably leaning towards a heathen/shaman style approach, but I can’t say for sure.

Does anyone have any good suggestions for where he should start? Thank you!!

PS especially if there are versions of something like an LBRP and basic ritual pieces, that would be awesome, but I don’t know if those exist or if he’d have to make his own.

Ancient

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Point him in the direction of the Elder Futhark runes and seidr. The Norse style is rooted in shamanism so that approach will likely fall into place naturally. The Poetic and Prose Edda's will be good companion books, and they're both cheap and easy to find.

I've done pagan versions of basic rituals before. Rather than calling out to the archangels, I use Norse gods, and occasionally swap out a symbol for one of the runes. There are also more complex pagan rituals such as The Hammer Rite (I think that's what it's called, a little fuzzy atm...) that are reasonably easy to find.

Rowena

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
My suggestion is to start with these:

Here are a few beginners guides -

And a somewhat less beginners guide that may also be of interest -

Mannimarco

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Recommendations for Freya? Flee, flee for your lives. 😆

Seriously though, she has been the worst entity I have ever met.
I was also very powerfully drawn to her at the beginning of my path, and I've had quite a lot of contact with her over the years. In retrospect every single last thing she ever did or said seemed to be carefully designed to sabotage my spirituality as much as possible.
If your friend is an swaggering alpha dbag she will probably love him.
Just my experience, ymmv. I would recommend a lot of prior divination on how things are likely to go.
Best of luck.