• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Gender affecting magick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gregorius

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I apologize for making so many threads lately

I have heard that for example for some witchcraft magick to work you have to be female while for example for freemasonry you have to be male do these myrhs hold true

Also please dont give me the chaos magick respnse of "doesnt matter" (i dont hate chaos magick but i am asking for a more "oldschool" opinion on it

Jackson

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
I have an associate who, claiming to have been a freemason, stated that there is freemason magic.

Unless you consider the purported freemason grimoire particularly interesting, I also don't care.

I would visit again for the food, but I would never claim to be a good person, even if I do good things and nothing particularly bad.

They prefer only good people join. Plato says only god is good, so.
Post automatically merged:

oNLY women can easily do menstrual magic. I don't bleed from my penis, so

Last edited:

Robert Ramsay

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I apologize for making so many threads lately

I have heard that for example for some witchcraft magick to work you have to be female while for example for freemasonry you have to be male do these myrhs hold true

Also please dont give me the chaos magick respnse of "doesnt matter" (i dont hate chaos magick but i am asking for a more "oldschool" opinion on it
The person who started/claimed credit for starting modern wicca was a guy, Gerald Gardiner, and I have also known male witches, so if you feel like digging deep into it, don't let that stop you.

I'll leave it to an expert for the freemasonry. I can't even remember if they allow women in now.

Gregorius

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
oNLY women can easily do menstrual magic. I don't bleed from my penis, so
agreed that doesnt sound fun
also i mentioned freemasons since acces to their stuff i behind a membership wich is exclusive to men

Jackson

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
SOME european masonic organizations not recognized by the deepest pit of the hell that is London

Wintruz

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
A bit like using "People of Walmart" to stereotype Americans.

In any case, that's Birmingham. Over a hundred miles outside of the London area. You'd probably like Birmingham. It's the least white city in all of Britain. You won't find them terribly progressive and inclusive though.

Jackson

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
A bit like using "People of Walmart" to stereotype Americans.
Not counting harry potter, name one book your country has written since LOTR/Narnia.

Xenophon

Magister
Reaction score
Awards
Not counting harry potter, name one book your country has written since LOTR/Narnia.
Why, sir! You forget the David Myatt/Anton Long corpus! (If you don't like that, try Peter Carroll. ) Tommy Robinson's Enemy of the State is a must read for any Anglophone. Likewise David Irving's, The Morgenthau Plan, Telling Lies, Churchill's War. Treasures, my boy, treasures and truth (small "t") at your fingertips!

Jackson

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
i.... i meant something with culture in it

Xenophon

Magister
Reaction score
Awards
i.... i meant something with culture in it
Philistine. Your only culture is yogurt. I mean, really, you mention Harry Potter as an example in your challenge. The only culture in the Potter books is consumer. I'd rather have my kids read and believe in Marx's Manifesto before I had them accept the background values of the Potter books. Harry is a pampered jock and trust-fund kid, to take the most egregious example...

Philistine. Your only culture is yogurt. I mean, really, you mention Harry Potter as an example in your challenge. The only culture in the Potter books is consumer. I'd rather have my kids read and believe in Marx's Manifesto before I had them accept the background values of the Potter books. Harry is a pampered jock and trust-fund kid, to take the most egregious example...
Actually, we need a benchmark. What do you call a cultured book published outside the UK in, say, the 70 or so years since Narnia?

Last edited:

Jackson

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Philistine. Your only culture is yogurt. I mean, really, you mention Harry Potter as an example in your challenge. The only culture in the Potter books is consumer.
I said not counting Harry Potter sir. I frequently cite Harry Potter as an offensive book. Not for it's various bigotries, but for the idea that a wizard like Harry Potter should go to a boarding school.

He should do some studying and then apprentice under a master or a guild.

Xenophon

Magister
Reaction score
Awards
I said not counting Harry Potter sir. I frequently cite Harry Potter as an offensive book. Not for it's various bigotries, but for the idea that a wizard like Harry Potter should go to a boarding school.

He should do some studying and then apprentice under a master or a guild.
Agreed.

Anyhow, as far as culture goes, I'll go with Irving. He was a respected historian until he did not venerate the right sacred cow. Which is not a matter of culture but ideology.

I will agree, though. Under such conditions, it becomes harder and harder to publish worthwhile books. A malady affecting the U.S. no less than the U.K. In the end, we'll all be reading bowdlerdized Potter books. Worse, we shall be liking it.

But back to gender...

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
the version of what is male and what is female really is diverse. i can do a lot of male stuff like using a skull and bones or using masonry tools. the males often find that fun such a little girl doing such things. the women get angry and start knitting and weaving, which i can do too, but find boring and elitist.

that being said if i would listen to often more older cults like voudou or the religions voudou stems from, its worse. with the exclusion of one of their stories where a woman got send to earth cause the ruling men dont listen and they have to install a female ruler too. and now we have wiccan shit where females do women stuff like knitting and weaving. stupid aff, but the males love it and are in awe.

in satanism there often is a tendency to reinvent the wheel and revere the divine feminine who says let a man be a man and a woman be a woman. and the males go hunt and the females gather.

overall no cult likes their gender roles being challenged. and some roles are REALLY stupid.

Xenophon

Magister
Reaction score
Awards
the version of what is male and what is female really is diverse. i can do a lot of male stuff like using a skull and bones or using masonry tools. the males often find that fun such a little girl doing such things. the women get angry and start knitting and weaving, which i can do too, but find boring and elitist.

that being said if i would listen to often more older cults like voudou or the religions voudou stems from, its worse. with the exclusion of one of their stories where a woman got send to earth cause the ruling men dont listen and they have to install a female ruler too. and now we have wiccan shit where females do women stuff like knitting and weaving. stupid aff, but the males love it and are in awe.

in satanism there often is a tendency to reinvent the wheel and revere the divine feminine who says let a man be a man and a woman be a woman. and the males go hunt and the females gather.

overall no cult likes their gender roles being challenged. and some roles are REALLY stupid.
In a lot of O9A fiction (badly written, by the by), women sleeping around is seen as empowerment; men doing the same is ofttimes grounds for a death sentence. Likewise women are rather more often than not shown as kicking men's asses with aplomb and scarce breaking a sweat. Moral: cults are scarcely of one mind about their gender roles.

Well there's Iain Banks. He literally wrote about The Culture.
By "culture" our Jacko means something he himself is comfortable with. Sort of like a young G.E. Moore who defined "the Good" as "a non-definable, non-natural property," one that oddly enough generally adhered to or inhered in entities that G.E. Moore & Co. already preferred before their ethical "research."

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
im doing my very own o9a version thank you very much. they say its about female empowerment and then anton long wanted a sacred spot. no can do. im the woman.

and yes their shit is like wicca, but with less fluff. sometimes i wonder if the universe created them to show how people really are, how easy it is to make people do the stupidest of stuff. how easily people can take metaphorical texts for real and go acting on it. etc.

to me matrimony is about taking care of Home, healing and working with my ancestors. the roots of my husband, the male line, are my teachers.. i for myself am researching how to evolve in this timespan in my life where the kids left the building. finance seems to be fun. especially when one is able to built on riches. its lady luck and the goddess of good fortune whom im calling in to prove its a female thing.

just for fun..

Status
Not open for further replies.