• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Site Announcement] GET HYPED: Awards have arrived!

Official Wizard Forums annoucement by staff.

What do you think about the Awards?

• Needs more awards!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I hate it!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Hello everyone!

I finally had a bit of time to work on WF, so I've spent the last couple of days implementing an Awards system on Wizard Forums. So far I've implemented 50 awards. I'm absolutely beat now though, so I'm gonna leave it at that for the moment, but I do plan on adding maybe even 50 more!

Please note: WF Awards is still in beta. Not all of the awards are implemented yet, and the system is subject to change!

What are awards?​

Awards are little badges that will be displayed on your user profile, as well as on under your name on each of your posts (limited to 10 that you may select).
They represent multiple things, from your Zodiac sign, to the occult practices you are skilled in, to the achievements you've made on WF.

How do I get awards?​

Some awards are obtainable by requesting them, some are available automatically when you meet certain conditions, some are given to you by an admin.

Requestable Awards​

The following categories of awards are requestable:
  • Practice: If you are skilled in a certain occult practice, and can prove that (i.e. if you have posted a lot about that subject on WF) then you may request one of these awards. Only one may be active at a time.
  • Zodiac: This one is just for fun, and not enforced. You can request any Zodiac award you want, however you can only have one at any given time.

Recommendation Awards​

The awards in the "Social Honor" category will not be requestable, but instead be recommendable i.e. you can suggest another WF member that deserves to receive the award, and an admin may approve/reject your recommendation.

Progression Awards​

The awards in the "Forum Progression" and "Activity" categories will be automatically given to you when you meet the requirements of the award. These are checked twice a day and are automatically granted to you.

Given Awards​

The following awards are given to you by an admin. You can neither request it for yourself, nor recommend someone else to receive them. You will be hand-picked (by me, probably) to receive these awards, as they will be for mostly non-tangible criteria.
  • Accolades: These are mainly for non-measurable achievements, traits, or contributions to the forum.
  • Primus: These are a chain of awards (you progress through them and only have 1 at a time) for the most invaluable and highly acknowledgeable contributions to WF.

Donation Awards​

Ignore these for now, as there is no way to donate to WF at the moment anyway 😂

Get started with Awards!​

You can start by having a look at the awards list page linked below. Once you see the currently available awards, feel free to request any of the requestable awards for yourself (start with Zodiac if you do not have enough posts to warrant a Practice award), and work towards achieving some of the Progression awards...

See the awards list: Awards List

I hope you guys love this. It's really been a lot of work to get this up and running, and I've even spent a bit of money on some professional artwork for the award icons, so I really do hope you all like what I've done, and I hope it motivates you to be more active on WF!

Please let me know your thoughts, or suggestions for more awards.

Scottish_Pride

Meme-y Tree Nymph
Reaction score
Awards
These look great! Definitely am excited to get some of these myself, lol. Nice work!

SkullTraill

Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
These look great! Definitely am excited to get some of these myself, lol. Nice work!
You already got a few from Forum Progression automatically :D

I encourage you (and everyone) to request some Zodiac and Practice awards :)

Mart

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
I think the practice ones are neat. :)
Suggestion: maybe you could add an Ophiucus zodiac for people who might want to to represent their true Siderial sun sign?

SkullTraill

Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I think the practice ones are neat. :)
Suggestion: maybe you could add an Ophiucus zodiac for people who might want to to represent their true Siderial sun sign?
Good call, actually.

I've added Ophiuchus.

Haha thanks, why don't you request one?

SkullTraill

Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Added a bunch more awards today... 77 in total now... still got a few more to add in the Accolades section and Forum Progression...

If anyone has any ideas post here or in Suggestions

Benjamin

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
Very cool to see so many awards, it's rare to find websites that still invest in this kind of nicety.

I think I'll reqest a few for myself.

Kronus

Apprentice of Lord Azazel & Demonic Warlord
Reaction score
Awards
Looks great - thanks for making this possible! Have a great day everyone

Kronus

Reaction score
Awards
Thank you Skull! Although I find it unnatural for me to request an award, I will make an exception - awards should be earned, haha. =) but I like the Zodiac etc idea. It's cool.

SkullTraill

Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Thank you Skull! Although I find it unnatural for me to request an award, I will make an exception - awards should be earned, haha. =) but I like the Zodiac etc idea. It's cool.
Don't worry, there are plenty of awards that can only be earned. Think of the Zodiac and Practice ones as "badges" rather than "awards" as it's only right to allow each individual to chose those. :)

Kronus

Reaction score
Awards
Yes, I understand when you look at it like that. Makes sense! :D

Diluculo_DelFuego

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Good call, actually.

I've added Ophiuchus.

Haha thanks, why don't you request one?
Please grant me Ophicus, as I am a Libra Sun, Leo Moon, and Scorpio rising. Whatever the sign is that incorporates or merges libra and scorpio, that is what I am.

SkullTraill

Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Please grant me Ophicus, as I am a Libra Sun, Leo Moon, and Scorpio rising. Whatever the sign is that incorporates or merges libra and scorpio, that is what I am.
Please click on the "awards" page in the top navigation (if on mobile, open the navigation by clicking the menu icon on the top left) and find the award you want and you'll see a button/link "Request", click on that to request the award.

All requestable and recommendable awards will have a link next to them allowing you to either request them, or recommend them for someone.

If you're struggling to figure this out please let me know so that I can make a guide with pictures or make it easier to request an award.

SkullTraill

Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Added another bunch of awards today!

120 in total. I think I'll leave it there unless anyone has ideas for new awards.

Benjamin

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
How do you get cute and cuddle and all the other cool ones??

Kronus

Reaction score
Awards
How do you get cute and cuddle and all the other cool ones??
If you can't see the requirements to obtain them, it's either secret or staff will grant them when they deem you worthy