• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

God's Power?

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Hi All, there is a question that been in the back of my head, since my Spiritual Journey began. How did God, The Source became so powerful? I would really would like to know, how indeed. This Infinite Consciousness became so the Almighty.

What's your take on it?

Reaction score
Awards
I don't know the origin of God. I think it was a primordial being that became powerful, but was the preexisting Trinity.
His greatest power is thought/mind and speech, since the Logos or Word was preexisting with the Father, and the Holy Spirit. I can point out Phillipians 2, John 1, and Luke 1-3. The Old Testament spoke of Christ, and John 3 and Phillipians 2 point this out as well as many other Gospels and letters. The prophets and Psalms pointed to him. You really need to read both Testaments to get it.
This is if we are speaking of Judeo-Christian context.
As far as Judaism, I still stand firm that the messiah is hinted at in every OT book.
In context of Judaism, he was still a primordial being that created the heavens and the earth as well as Sheol and the outer darkness and lake of fire for the angels that rebelled.
In context of Islam, I've only read the Koran once.
In context of Hinduism, I've only read the Bhagavad Gita.
And so on, with my only academics being a Comparative Religion, Sociology of Religion, and Anthropology of Religion. I did not stick with Anthropology and Religion studies due to a later to be ill formed idea of switching to Computer Science.
I hope any of this makes sense as I woke up not too long ago, was up for sixteen hours yesterday and had six hours of sleep.

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Hi All, there is a question that been in the back of my head, since my Spiritual Journey began. How did God, The Source became so powerful? I would really would like to know, how indeed. This Infinite Consciousness became so the Almighty.

What's your take on it?
One way of looking at that is how Xenophon recently described it in another thread, God decides on the rules of this "game" so obviously he's not gonna write any rules that he doesn't excel at. Like, if I have a party at my house, I'm not gonna allow partypoopers to come.

There was a discovery / theory recently that our universe actually exists in a "small" separate bubble. That would align with the idea of the God of this universe not being the actual source but more or less the demiurge who only has powers in this (his) universe.

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I don't know the origin of God. I think it was a primordial being that became powerful, but was the preexisting Trinity.
His greatest power is thought/mind and speech, since the Logos or Word was preexisting with the Father, and the Holy Spirit. I can point out Phillipians 2, John 1, and Luke 1-3. The Old Testament spoke of Christ, and John 3 and Phillipians 2 point this out as well as many other Gospels and letters. The prophets and Psalms pointed to him. You really need to read both Testaments to get it.
This is if we are speaking of Judeo-Christian context.
As far as Judaism, I still stand firm that the messiah is hinted at in every OT book.
In context of Judaism, he was still a primordial being that created the heavens and the earth as well as Sheol and the outer darkness and lake of fire for the angels that rebelled.
In context of Islam, I've only read the Koran once.
In context of Hinduism, I've only read the Bhagavad Gita.
And so on, with my only academics being a Comparative Religion, Sociology of Religion, and Anthropology of Religion. I did not stick with Anthropology and Religion studies due to a later to be ill formed idea of switching to Computer Science.
I hope any of this makes sense as I woke up not too long ago, was up for sixteen hours yesterday and had six hours of sleep.
Yeah I agree!
Post automatically merged:

One way of looking at that is how Xenophon recently described it in another thread, God decides on the rules of this "game" so obviously he's not gonna write any rules that he doesn't excel at. Like, if I have a party at my house, I'm not gonna allow partypoopers to come.

There was a discovery / theory recently that our universe actually exists in a "small" separate bubble. That would align with the idea of the God of this universe not being the actual source but more or less the demiurge who only has powers in this (his) universe.
Interesting!

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
How did God, The Source became so powerful?
I distinguish the various concepts of God from The Source of All.

Some Christian mystics distinguish God from the Godhead.

Thus, before Existence occurs there is Beingness. Periodically Beingness wishes experience and therefore manifests Existence which Beingness uses as a temporary body.

When Beingness has had enough Existence ceases. In the Hindu tradition, a cessation of Existence is called a Mahapralaya.

Within Existence some intelligences contain a thread of Beingness. This means that those intelligences do not cease when Existence ceases.

Standard humans contain such a thread. This thread, when the human achieves the first stage of enlightenment, provides the human with authority within Existence.

Humans not knowing about their thread of Beingness and its authority are inclined to look to other entities that may or may not be real, such as alien gods and angels.

Not all humans contain a thread of Beingness.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Xenophon

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
I distinguish the various concepts of God from The Source of All.

Some Christian mystics distinguish God from the Godhead.

Thus, before Existence occurs there is Beingness. Periodically Beingness wishes experience and therefore manifests Existence which Beingness uses as a temporary body.

When Beingness has had enough Existence ceases. In the Hindu tradition, a cessation of Existence is called a Mahapralaya.

Within Existence some intelligences contain a thread of Beingness. This means that those intelligences do not cease when Existence ceases.

Standard humans contain such a thread. This thread, when the human achieves the first stage of enlightenment, provides the human with authority within Existence.

Humans not knowing about their thread of Beingness and its authority are inclined to look to other entities that may or may not be real, such as alien gods and angels.

Not all humans contain a thread of Beingness.

This is interesting. But why "Beingness"? A good many writers speak instead of a fecund Nothing.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
When I was introduced in a dream to what is before Existence I did some experiments with naming until I had a reasonable match.

"Beingness" is the reasonable match

No doubt older traditions have their own naming for what is before and after Existence. I seem to recall "Isness"

Reaction score
Awards
To become a being and continuing beingness I think is a prerequisite to becoming a God.

Reaction score
Awards
I don't. I can't, as I can't see the likelihood of raising children at my age.

stalkinghyena

Labore et Constantia
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
One of my favorite invocations is:
"But God is He having the Head of a Hawk. The same is the First, incorruptable, eternal, unbegotten, indivisible, the dispenser of all Good. He is the best of the Good, the wisest of the Wise. He is the Father of Equity and Justice, self-taught, physical, perfect and wise, He who inspires the Sacred Philosophy."

Setting the old Platonic refrain aside, one might ask: what do hawks have to do with anything? They circle, they brood, they watch, they dive down upon their prey like lightning and then disappear in the sky. The invocation states paradoxical qualities, but doesn't resolve anything, I admit, but it has a certain utility in terms of conjuring an identification. My feeling is that the invocation is more of a ritual assertion to be recited with a stamping foot: "God is a Verb".
I can say that while I believe in God as an emotional certainty - that is, a Supreme Being that gets tagged with that generic name - I cannot really answer anything about where "His" power comes from, how He got so powerful, nor can I prove Divine existence-agency logically, beyond all doubt. Maybe I am sentimental, which is interesting because submission to God is often seen as a pre-requisite to understanding God.

"Negative theology" yields an interesting contemplation for me (the "Sacred Philosophy" as an unending koan, I suppose) but there are no "answers" there, no rest in Reason, just paradoxes in regress. And I won't even settle for the line-drawing notion that He exists because I have an idea of Him - such an existence-non-existence would be completely independent of anything I can conceive. But I do know that Power exists, and that everything that manifests does so because it is the product of, or is subservient to, a so-called "higher principle" - be it hypostatic-spiritual resolving into the "Absolute" or just plain old Nature, of which I don't think humanity has a real definition of beyond "necessary truth" (exacted via contradictions) the more immediate contingency of our survival as fleshlings (earthquakes and tyranny). Hey, maybe this is how God got so powerful with us, historically speaking, setting our mundane existential terror aside - that the unending paradox of "to be or not to be" is, in fact His Glory!

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I'm gonna have to agree with Roma on the aspect of Beingness. This Beingness does not have a specific name. So one takes on the name they choose to go by. For example: I choose to call this Beingness JESUS and Lucifer of course.

Xenophon

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
To what do you wish to be a God?
Can't one be a god and let the "for whom" go bugger itself? That is, one is as a god compared to his former self.

I'm gonna have to agree with Roma on the aspect of Beingness. This Beingness does not have a specific name. So one takes on the name they choose to go by. For example: I choose to call this Beingness JESUS and Lucifer of course.
We need a new redaction of Liber 777 (I think). An exhaustive listing of all the "correspondences," in this case Beingness=Nothing=Christ=Lucifer=Lucibel=(pray continue)

Last edited:

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Can't one be a god and let the "for whom" go bugger itself?
If we abandon the gods-humans alleged relationship, we may ask the question: What are the roles of empowered humans in the cosmos?

An early and very partial approach appears in the Artemis Accords, now signed by 26+ nations

Xenophon

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
If we abandon the gods-humans alleged relationship, we may ask the question: What are the roles of empowered humans in the cosmos?

An early and very partial approach appears in the Artemis Accords, now signed by 26+ nations
The Artemis Accords read like Hugo Grotius rewritten by a Trekkie. On the surface all is well-intentioned. Probably at depth most signatories are well-intentioned. Still a movie concept keeps flashing through my imagination: "The League of Nation Goes to the Moon!"

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
The Artemis Accords read like Hugo Grotius rewritten by a Trekkie.
Quite so. There is much soft disclosure in TV and movies.

In that case it took 50 years before Earth nations would pay attention. Perhaps the sweeteners were improved

Xenophon

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Quite so. There is much soft disclosure in TV and movies.

In that case it took 50 years before Earth nations would pay attention. Perhaps the sweeteners were improved
Actually I meant that as a barb. Anytime anyone starts prating about "transparency," I run for cover. As for "peaceful development" of anything, that's shorthand for entrenched interests trenching in.

Xenophon

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards

Nimrod de Rosario (a.k.a. Luis Felipe Moyano) rides that pony jaded in his "Elements of Hyperborean Wisdom." God---"Jehova Satana---is an envious demiurge who turned this corner of the cosmos inside out. These "elements" are about 1100 pages of Spanish apparently taught to Moyano at the knee of that old caballero Heidegger in his Sein und Zeit days. Nimrod condenses all this down to about 500 pages in the novel "The Mystery of Belicena Villca." And, in spite of my tone here, the man has a certain weighty neo-Gnostic point.

I understood that so gave only one example of soft disclosure
I should feel quite the wretch, sinking barbs into soft disclosures.