• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

God's Power?

Reaction score
Awards
Hi All, there is a question that been in the back of my head, since my Spiritual Journey began. How did God, The Source became so powerful? I would really would like to know, how indeed. This Infinite Consciousness became so the Almighty.

What's your take on it?
My take. Genesis 1 states that the source from JCI creates by speaking and his mind was in order. This is backed up by Phillipians 2 and John 1 and Luke 1. This is the entire mystery 9f the Messiah pointed out through the Old testament, particularly in psalms.
Let's begin with form. First he was preexisting, but could at will with one mind take on a new form.
So the hermetic laws of gender and mentalism apply.

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
How did God, The Source became so powerful?
I think at this point all one can do is "take a guess" since a deity's mind would be, in theory, very alien when compared to ou "hairless monkey brains".

I do not consider God to be The Source, though.To me the God of Christians is no more than a deity.
The Source of all should be something that we can't properly name nor properly point to, as it just "is" everywhere and everything has a part of it.To me the source would be similar to an endless ocean, and everything that exists are the drops inside of it that make the ocean.
One is part of the all but the all can only be made with every single "one".

God decides on the rules of this "game" so obviously he's not gonna write any rules that he doesn't excel at.
Could we say this is the case of a big fish in a pond?

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I think at this point all one can do is "take a guess" since a deity's mind would be, in theory, very alien when compared to ou "hairless monkey brains".

I do not consider God to be The Source, though.To me the God of Christians is no more than a deity.
The Source of all should be something that we can't properly name nor properly point to, as it just "is" everywhere and everything has a part of it.To me the source would be similar to an endless ocean, and everything that exists are the drops inside of it that make the ocean.
One is part of the all but the all can only be made with every single "one".

Could we say this is the case of a big fish in a pond?
Sometimes I wonder. if The Source is not God, but a Source of Energy where everything is to pop up out of there. thing is, that within The Source there's a world of Unbelievable Love.

Xenophon

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
My take. Genesis 1 states that the source from JCI creates by speaking and his mind was in order. This is backed up by Phillipians 2 and John 1 and Luke 1. This is the entire mystery 9f the Messiah pointed out through the Old testament, particularly in psalms.
Let's begin with form. First he was preexisting, but could at will with one mind take on a new form.
So the hermetic laws of gender and mentalism apply.
Sometimes I wonder. if The Source is not God, but a Source of Energy where everything is to pop up out of there. thing is, that within The Source there's a world of Unbelievable Love.
How did you determine there is Love there.? According to one internet quote of Einstein he said the really big question is whether the cosmos is benign. Camus, after all, suggested it is "benignly indifferent." A far more pervasive tradition---most of classical antiquity---would opt for the relative indifference of cosmos to man. (E.g., the Greco-Roman tradition, the Nordic, the Celtic, the Hindu. For that matter real---Therevada---Buddhism.) Westerners born since WW2, I aver, have been socialized to believe in cotton-candy & unicorns because of a mostly sybaritic set of life circumstances/

Reaction score
Awards
Perhaps because agape love is unattainable for man because man is not inherently loving. Philio love sure. Eros love maybe. But not agape love.
Agape Love only through God is what we all want but can only receive according to faith provided.

Xenophon

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Perhaps because agape love is unattainable for man because man is not inherently loving. Philio love sure. Eros love maybe. But not agape love.
Agape Love only through God is what we all want but can only receive according to faith provided.
Take the language back a few hundred years before New Testament times to the day of Aristotle & Alexander and the word "agape" had undertones of "to put up with" something. Which at least has the advantage of being a highly unsentimental concept.

Personally, I see little to recommend agape. It appeals too much to my inner manipulative cad. A blank check I can draw on others' accounts. Caging that cad, let us move on to my better side. Kin and comrades I can feel for. The rest? My love has to be a result, not a starting point. A god who goes around extending such sentiment? Well, I feel a lot towards such a being what as a kid I felt for Ronald McDonald: what makes him---an adult---so damned NEEDY as to fawn all over kids minding their own Happy Meals?