• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] Greek Gods and Goddesses of the RHP

Everyone's got one.
Reaction score
Awards
If you were to rank them, into the RHP, which gods and goddesses would you find in the RHP?

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Like most humans, the ancients gods are rarely all light or all dark. Mostly they learn by doing.

Recently skyping with a friend who was looking out into the North Sea - off Scotland. The sea was emotionally agitated and she reported that the "Norse" gods said to her: You think you can run the planet without us.

So we both sent heart-light to those gods and then the North Sea felt noticeably calmer emotionally.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
As I recall Zecharia Sitchin made a pretty good attempt at matching gods across cultures. He maintained that there was only one set of gods at a time (until the next war in the heavens) and that each culture had its own names for the same gods.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Each god is given names by each culture. It may be useful to identify the same god across several cultures to get a clear fix on his/her nature

Thus Osiris and Isis are known to the Chinese as Fuxi and Nuwa.

Here they are holding the Square and Compasses of Freemasonry. Isis is The Widow in Masonry

images

Notice that Osiris and Isis are often also depicted as half serpent - that is as Nagas

Reaction score
Awards
On topic, I guess I will scour World Mythology, and discover them myself, place them on a blank tree of life, etc.
Post automatically merged:

Would it be more reasonable to ask what titans would be considered to be on the RHP?

Last edited:

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
what titans would be considered to be on the RHP?
There were two physical differences between the Anunnaki (Sumerian gods) and the humans they cross-bred from a local hominid.

The humans stopped growing in their 20s while the Anunnaki continued to grow. Thus the most senior Anunnaki was the tallest - the most high.

They allegedly grew to 90m or 300 feet.

There are various reports of ancient structures in the solar system with ceiling heights suitable for such titanic beings.

I am not sure that appealing to their better natures would be productive

images

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
As I recall Zecharia Sitchin made a pretty good attempt at matching gods across cultures. He maintained that there was only one set of gods at a time (until the next war in the heavens) and that each culture had its own names for the same gods.

You could argue that each set of gods is fictional and therefore unique to that culture

Reaction score
Awards
Truth.

Interesting Meditation session on the point, while on inhale and exhale, called out to Zeus, Poseidon and Hera.
With Zeus, is was a frightening/humbling feeling.
Hades popped into my mind but I did not pursue that meditation.
With Poseidon, it was more peaceful while acknowledging his terrifying and gentle forms.
With Hera, it was an apprehensive feeling at first that grew into comfort.

6 minute meditation.

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I really don't think the Greek pantheon lends itself to the RHP-LHP dichotomy. As far as I know, there is no grand evil adversary that you could turn into a tragic hero deity that is 'just 'greatly misunderstood'. There were the kakodaimons, granted, but these were just malign spirits that nobody in their right mind worshipped because they made you sick, caused misfortunes, etc. Maybe revering Hades would constitute an LHP practice: worshipping a deity which others fear sounds like an antinomian ideal alright. Kronos could be considered sufficiently dark, too. All in all, however, I get the feeling that the ancient Greeks just shrugged and considered the gods and all their morally ambiguous antics as a unified whole from which two different paths could be inferred.

That should be "...from NO which two different paths could be inferred." What I meant is that things in the Greek pantheon are not all that clearcut. The gods just did what they did and human standards, moral compasses, expections did not apply. Just my two cents worth.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Awards
Well, Hades and Medusa I would consider LHP, even though they could be RHP. Hermes could be considered LHP in a way as God of thiefs.
I get all the points made though. Just wondering as I may try meditations on all the Greek gods and goddesses, as Hades was trying to get my attention in meditation last night.

I guess my compendium of gods and goddesses should have covered greco roman and beyond. Lesson learned, have an encyclopedia of world mythology and a few greek resources.

Escalapios (God of Healing) might be akin to Raphael (God who heals), surely must be RHP?
I see the point, some seem to be shades of gray.

Last edited: