• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] Grimoire Smorgasboard

Everyone's got one.

Xenophon

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Anyone else have the problem? You work with a certain strain of magick, but there are all these OTHER grimoires out there beckoning. (Kind of like the happily married guy who suddenly finds sirens popping out of the woody-work.) I had to take myself in hand lately and decide I am going to do THIS way until I get it right. You might say I suffered an eclectic fit.

stratamaster78

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Anyone else have the problem? You work with a certain strain of magick, but there are all these OTHER grimoires out there beckoning. (Kind of like the happily married guy who suddenly finds sirens popping out of the woody-work.) I had to take myself in hand lately and decide I am going to do THIS way until I get it right. You might say I suffered an eclectic fit.

All the time…lol

Sometimes I wish I only had access to a few at a time… or One.

Right now I’m trying to stay focused on working with Planetary spirits of the 7 Planets through a few Grimoires.

But I’m constantly being tempted to work with the Shem and their corresponding Goetic Spirits with other Grimoires.

It is tough staying disciplined when the choices are so plentiful.

Reaction score
Awards
New students lack patience, with me being impatient by nature, made me jump from system to system.
I think Amy grimoire used by students who have patience, devotion and dedications, LHP RHP or MHP aside, will get much more out of any given grimoire.
Frater Albertus for example, could easily weed out the impatient at Alchemy, since his alchemy dorm was a dorm. Every need of the student was taken care of so they could concentrate fully on their study and practice.

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
i just went on looking at all the info until i saw they were in essence one. no one understood and war came about, so i sort of have to forget that in essence we are a group, but i need a fucking new ego. so i stood my ground, fell in love with skirt day and made it happen. not gonna look in a grimoire to find my ego, but boy this is silly, my wifi and hub ran off into an other realm to procreate and i found them using the roblox as may pole. i gave them some cookies of their own making and now they are wondering if it was python or a trojan horse that made my wifi say i want to play with google. so i left my google account on for a year and no spam nor flour (mail sounds like meel which is flour in dutch) came about.
what does this have to do with grimoires? nothing other then that i like the book of life a lot and grimoire writers seem to sync me as a muse.
im not THAT narcissistic am i?

Xenophon

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
i just went on looking at all the info until i saw they were in essence one. no one understood and war came about, so i sort of have to forget that in essence we are a group, but i need a fucking new ego. so i stood my ground, fell in love with skirt day and made it happen. not gonna look in a grimoire to find my ego, but boy this is silly, my wifi and hub ran off into an other realm to procreate and i found them using the roblox as may pole. i gave them some cookies of their own making and now they are wondering if it was python or a trojan horse that made my wifi say i want to play with google. so i left my google account on for a year and no spam nor flour (mail sounds like meel which is flour in dutch) came about.
what does this have to do with grimoires? nothing other then that i like the book of life a lot and grimoire writers seem to sync me as a muse.
im not THAT narcissistic am i?
I suppose one could say that a skateboard and a Ferrari were "in essence" one. And the remark WOULD be correct: both are modes of transportation that will get you anywhere eventually. Still it seems to miss something important. If nothing else each lands you in an entirely different dating demographic. Maybe it's time to shelve the Blavatsky lexicon and admit there be differences out there.

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
yeah i know there are differences, but at the time i had a few things happening. in visuals it was like a chain/ necklace and every black pearl on it was not me. every time i became one though and while fighting i found myself back in the center. which in every pearl was a hole and the necklace was me. i have had a similar experience only with rings . i always became the diamond and escape the circle. some strange witchcraft.

anyways it was then a time to survive and stay me. now looking back, im no longer surprised im bored easily, i rather am surprised others arent. you seem to get the hang of boredom cause another dating demographic was exactly the goal. your kids are at the marital stage? mine are its annoying, hence the queste for a different pool. ;)

so whats up today? thankfully we agree: no blavatski. i was thinking of you yesterday, now i have no clue why. owww yes i was wondering what my inlaws need to bring to make me give away my kids and i found some asian stuff i like. but its the same as with crypto, the numbers look big, but are worth nothing.

spirits are strange and you said it a ferrari is not a skate board so im thinking big here. got any japanese online stores i can annoy so they start sending stuff to europe?
Post automatically merged:

btw, excuse the side trail. the first post really was ment as reply to the topic. the latter morning coffee chitchat with OP.
me like, btw :)

Xenophon

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
yeah i know there are differences, but at the time i had a few things happening. in visuals it was like a chain/ necklace and every black pearl on it was not me. every time i became one though and while fighting i found myself back in the center. which in every pearl was a hole and the necklace was me. i have had a similar experience only with rings . i always became the diamond and escape the circle. some strange witchcraft.

anyways it was then a time to survive and stay me. now looking back, im no longer surprised im bored easily, i rather am surprised others arent. you seem to get the hang of boredom cause another dating demographic was exactly the goal. your kids are at the marital stage? mine are its annoying, hence the queste for a different pool. ;)

so whats up today? thankfully we agree: no blavatski. i was thinking of you yesterday, now i have no clue why. owww yes i was wondering what my inlaws need to bring to make me give away my kids and i found some asian stuff i like. but its the same as with crypto, the numbers look big, but are worth nothing.

spirits are strange and you said it a ferrari is not a skate board so im thinking big here. got any japanese online stores i can annoy so they start sending stuff to europe?

btw, excuse the side trail. the first post really was ment as reply to the topic. the latter morning coffee chitchat with OP.
me like, btw :)
Japanese stores? I'm in China. They still harbor strong distaste for the 小鬼子 (Japanese) here.

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Advertising on pinterest is cool and ali is slow. Didnt know they hate each others guts. No wonder.

Pyrokar

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
It all comes down to what you want to do, there is no reason you cannot use one system as your primary and then apply another system for another thing, i certainly wouldn't suggest taking multiple systems towards the same thing - that is just asking for trouble.
Second, all these grimoires out here didn't all fall from the heavens no matter what the authors say, you can build up a system from the ground up rather easily.
Last but not least i am a strong supporter of- when choosing a path you must silence the voice that goes "oooh this sounds cool" and listen to the "okay, this sounds a lot like me" in this way you know you are in the right place no matter what, and in that way solve the issue of seductive grimoires trying to make you cheat on your wife.
It's all just grammar, in theory you don't need any system at all, the natural talented magi we have seen come up so far were doing things long before they knew what school they subscribe to, when we say kids are the most potent at magick this is sort of what we mean.

(Edit) Also, this is the reason why there is not a single definitive grimoire that works everything for everyone, the goal of what you want to do determines the rest

Xenophon

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Advertising on pinterest is cool and ali is slow. Didnt know they hate each others guts. No wonder.
They do business, then trash-talk behind each others' backs. Ironic, given that the Chinese killed more Chinese during and after their civil war than ever the Japanese. It parallels certain events (and non-events) in the West that -------(THIS INDIVIDUAL HAS BEEN CANCELLED. readers, please report for re-education at the globalist facility of your choice.)

Ornir

Visitor
Reaction score
I agree that the Grimoires use the same basic technology with different details. It can be hard to stick with one, however looking at all the similarities is one way to hone in on the foundational concepts.
The Elucidation of Necromancy was a period example of someone attempting to "remove the fat" and get to the essentials, so that might be a good one to really focus on while maintaining a broad view.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
My reading of OTO biographies is that they were all tragedies.

Is there a case of grimoire working that lived happily ever after?

Ornir

Visitor
Reaction score
There are plenty of people who work with the Grimoires without ending in tragedy.

Aaron Leitch, Steven Skinner, David Rankine, Rufus Opus are all authors who practice what they write about.

I have a personal practice and my life is just great :)

Xenophon

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards

Could be it's like joining the French Foreign Legion. One goes into it having ceased to believe in happily ever after. There be deeper springs that motivate one. At least in some cases.

There are plenty of people who work with the Grimoires without ending in tragedy.

Aaron Leitch, Steven Skinner, David Rankine, Rufus Opus are all authors who practice what they write about.

I have a personal practice and my life is just great :)
Good point. Magick is like air travel: everyone remembers the striking disasters, not the safe trips. I imagine one could likewise add Lon Milo DuQuette to your list. Last I heard he was a happy septuagenarian.

Pyrokar

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Could be it's like joining the French Foreign Legion. One goes into it having ceased to believe in happily ever after. There be deeper springs that motivate one. At least in some cases.
Loool You mean that's not everyone? Ya'll out here being happy??????? No one told me you could do that

jokes aside i love how you said that.

But yeah, like a hundred or three years ago we would all be ostracized or burned at the stake... or worse.
Certainly in my area you would not want a grimoire found on you, happiness is not part of the equation it's... just being yourself
for better or worse.
If for any conscious reason i imagine the top of the list would be to defy the established order?

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
@Pyrokar: you might think it a joke, but being happy is not something every body naturally has. i, for example, have glimpses of it. for the rest im content, like god on sunday. i learned that being happy is more enjoyable, but it really is a scary thing to me. call me a jesuit in that sense....
grimoires the creepier the better, but boy o boy dont do fun and joy , please.

you either eat bread with cheese or bread with butter. no way we go gluttony and double the dairy. its the devil i tell jah!

initmul

Neophyte
Reaction score
Absolutely. Oh, there's this shiny Enochian book, let's start making the tools for working with that... Oooh look, kaulas! I always wanted to work wit them! Start reading that, while still working on the Enochian tablets. Stop with both because oooh there's this great book by one of my favourite authors which I'm going to try and adapt... and so on. Which is why I have stopped buying books, put most of the distracting ones away, and just began developing my own practice. That way I can work with my joyful hyperactive brain rather than against it.

As for happiness... I wouldn't say I'm happy all the time, but I'm moving towards feeling at peace and content. Unless I'm stressing out about a deadline, but that's just human.
I did, however, join the OTO for a short time and I was not in a good place back then. Coincidence?

Reaction score
Awards

Not a perfect metaphor but here we go:

Using magic or not is often like investing/gambling with what’s in your pocket vs taking a loan with a bank/family member/loan shark. In that magic often increases the volatility of what can happen.

If you gamble with the $10 in your pocket, maybe you win and end up with $20 or maybe you lose it and end up with $0. But if you take out a loan for $10,000 of someone else’s money, you could end up with $20,000 ($10,000 for yourself after paying them back) or you end up with $0 plus having to pay someone else back $10,000 with interest.

Add that with what fame, that type of personality, and how the spotlight tends to hover on plane crashes more than car crashes and car crashes more than someone just arriving home safely. And few people’s lives end well unfortunately.

So magic does allow you the ability to make a spectacular mess of things and human nature tends to notice the FUBAR moments more than the regular everyday ones. So basically be smart about it and don’t pay too much attention to the extreme examples.

-Eld

Reaction score
Awards
Absolutely. Oh, there's this shiny Enochian book, let's start making the tools for working with that... Oooh look, kaulas! I always wanted to work wit them! Start reading that, while still working on the Enochian tablets. Stop with both because oooh there's this great book by one of my favourite authors which I'm going to try and adapt... and so on. Which is why I have stopped buying books, put most of the distracting ones away, and just began developing my own practice. That way I can work with my joyful hyperactive brain rather than against it.

As for happiness... I wouldn't say I'm happy all the time, but I'm moving towards feeling at peace and content. Unless I'm stressing out about a deadline, but that's just human.
I did, however, join the OTO for a short time and I was not in a good place back then. Coincidence?
I fell into the hyperactive track until a friend gave me five books for thirty bucks ... Kabalah Magic and the Great Work of Self-Transformation, The Golden Dawn by Greer and Regardie, and three books 9n Irish / Gaelic druid Magick.
There is a lot of side reading, but mostly I stick with the program of Kabalah Magic and the Great Work of Self-Transformation.
Shiny grimoires come and go.

And there is a lot of personal side work. And lots of side reading.