• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] Grimoire Smorgasboard

Everyone's got one.
Reaction score
Awards
And I haven’t met a magician yet that wasn’t a magpie by nature.

The desire/need to push the boundaries of the known/unknown has latched its claws deeply into practitioners. So we generally attempt to push those boundaries in as many directions as possible. If we were the type that just left things as they are we probably wouldn’t be doing magick in the first place.

-Eld

Pyrokar

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
i learned that being happy is more enjoyable, but it really is a scary thing to me.
A childhood friend once told me "you and i become uncomfortable when we are happy/content, because that is when we have been caught by surprise before"
But you humble me, i apologize for the joke.

Xenophon

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Absolutely. Oh, there's this shiny Enochian book, let's start making the tools for working with that... Oooh look, kaulas! I always wanted to work wit them! Start reading that, while still working on the Enochian tablets. Stop with both because oooh there's this great book by one of my favourite authors which I'm going to try and adapt... and so on. Which is why I have stopped buying books, put most of the distracting ones away, and just began developing my own practice. That way I can work with my joyful hyperactive brain rather than against it.

As for happiness... I wouldn't say I'm happy all the time, but I'm moving towards feeling at peace and content. Unless I'm stressing out about a deadline, but that's just human.
I did, however, join the OTO for a short time and I was not in a good place back then. Coincidence?
I agree grimoires are not toys.
Post automatically merged:

A childhood friend once told me "you and i become uncomfortable when we are happy/content, because that is when we have been caught by surprise before"
But you humble me, i apologize for the joke.
Never apologize for a joke honestly tendered. People's hides need to get thicker---there is far heavier s***wending down life's broad way.