• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Halphas and Malphas,. Harut and Marut of Islam?

Reaction score
Awards
From the islamic pov, Harut and Marut are angels, and they were sent to earth to test mankind, but they did not teach unless the angels said that this is a test, still people didn’t care and learned how to break up relationships and such. I don’t think they are the same since they were sent down from heaven, while Halphas and Malphas was down here already?(since they rebelled, you know the story).
Good insights

stalkinghyena

Labore et Constantia
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Let me know how it goes

It went pretty good. The first evocation, anyway. Actually, I found it quite an interesting spiritual experience. I only called up Halphas, though, but I will try Malphas next week if I can. I generally need a bit of time to assimilate such an experience before moving on. There may be tests and such. I am grateful for the original post and the auspices that accompanied it. I enjoyed the exercise.

I used Mather's Goetia as my approach, though I cross referenced with Dr. Rudd and Godwin. I found it interesting that Halphas was adamant about also being called Malthas (per Dr. Rudd). Mathers gives both Malthus and Malthas, but I got the impression that the latter spelling was preferred. This was very important, a deep key to identity. For an offering, I gave Halphas-Malthas my brand spanking new "Turknelli". That should prove to be an interesting experiment.

I was given a variety of parables on which to meditate and research regarding identity and function. The one relevant to this thread regarded the original question whether Halphas is Harut?
Malthas aspect seemed annoyed by this while the Halphas aspect told me that they were "not of us". Also, when I questioned regarding an image of the two angels hanging upside down in their "forever well", Halphas showed/told that Harut and Marut are "Gemini inverted (fire triangle)". I an interested to hear what Malphas says.

That does not mean that the assumed linkage between spirits is not worth further study, IMO. I would like to see where the idea of conflation came from, possible etymological links, etc. I am not very familiar with Islamic magic except for Lunar Manisons. I'm not sure if Picatrix counts since my understanding is that it is pagan transmitted via Arabic routes.

Also, there is a bit of my own disorientation when considering the apparent similitude between Halphas, Malthus and Malphas. This is something I am studying in terms of subtle reactions and impulses.

With regards to "unfamiliar spirits", I affirm from my perspective:
Armatus a Deo et sine timore.
and
Omnia unum est.

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I got the same vision of harut and marut. I also got a check up and was told that halphas and malphas are not the ones i work with.

Nice to have the same outcome ☺️

I find the picatrix very concerned with astrology and hidden paths. What ive learned over the years, is that when it says 'take heed' one better listens, learns and then take course of action. Its like seeing others jump of a bridge with no water under it, while realizing wait a minute i need wings for that...

stalkinghyena

Labore et Constantia
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
You know what man?!? It could just be someone else's bullshit upg that I read. Nearly accepted it as fact to until you just reminded me that's probably what the harut and marut connection is.

In my own upg scenario, Halphas and I have engaged in a game of "name confusion" which has led me down several intriguing paths. Poking around, I found this:

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Does this seem familiar?

stalkinghyena

Labore et Constantia
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Its like seeing others jump of a bridge with no water under it, while realizing wait a minute i need wings for that...
IMO Picatrix has a bit of wicked sense of humor, though whether this can be traced to the original author(s?) or the daimon which rules the book influencing various translators over the ages, I cannot say...

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
heheh yeah youre right about that. there seem to be a denial of the existence of the holy jester and god as the ultimate fool. we need more smiles 😀

im just realizing that what im doing is also realizing that spirits are classed in legions. thanks so much, that makes sense. ive been very angry at the use of a certain name, but ive also confused them myself by researching people from marrakech. there is a holy name in the berhatiah that writes like marraksien . it seems they are not from there lol.

ill ask for a little joke this time. 😇😇

Öwnchef

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
heheh yeah youre right about that. there seem to be a denial of the existence of the holy jester and god as the ultimate fool. we need more smiles 😀
Ah, now we are talking!

Reaction score
Awards
I'm really surprised Crowley or other reference experts never came up with this in study of Gematria of places people and spirits. Well. Better mages ... Way better than I exist and you are definitely one(understatement, I know).

stalkinghyena

Labore et Constantia
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
If you look at Malphas and Halphas description(offices) in wayner or Goetia, they do not match with Harut and Marut.
Thoughts?
I've been making comparisons as part of interaction/research and I culled this from Theresa Bane's Encyclopedia of Demons in World Religions and Cultures, which I stumbled upon by "accident". I only show Harut and Halphas (Malthas) since I can't get to Malphas until this weekend and am holding off correspondence building:

Harut
Variations: Haroth, Haruvatat, HATU-ATUTOPUN, Hetu-Ahin
In Islamic mythology Harut is one of the FALLEN ANGELS; he and MARUT were sent to earth by God to see how well they would be able to resist human temptations. They were immediately seduced by the women of earth and killed the man who witnessed their seduction. They admitted their crimes to God and were condemned to hang in a well by their feet until Judgment Day. Most powerful at sunrise and sunset, Harut knows the powerful and secret name of God and is summoned for his ability to establish a government and teach sorcery. He never begins a lesson in sorcery without first saying to his student, “We have been sent to deceive you.”
Sources: Abdul-Rahman, Meaning and Explanation of the Glorious Qur’an, Vol. 1, 188–90; Davidson, Dictionary of Angels, 353; Jung, Fallen Angels in Jewish, Christian and Mohammedan Literature, 91, 127–40; Knappert, Islamic Legends, 4, 59–62.

Halphas
Variations: Halpas, Malthus, Mathas
Christian demonology ranks Halphas as an earl and lists him as one of the seventy-two SPIRITS OF SOLOMON (SEE ALSO EARLS OF HELL and PRESIDENTS OF HELL). Commanding twenty-six legions, this nocturnal demon appears before his summoner as a stork and speaks with a hoarse voice. He has the ability to teleport men to battlefields, cause wars, fill towns with soldiers looking to fight, and is known to stockpile weapons. Destructive, warlike Halphas attacks with a sword and sets towns ablaze. His zodiacal sign is Libra.
Sources: De Laurence, Lesser Key of Solomon, Goetia, 34; DuQuette, Key to Solomon’s Key, 179–80; Icon, Demons, 165; Scott, London Magazine, Vol. 5, 378.

(Note: The entry on Halphas as a "stork" does not quite line up with the majority of descriptions where I find the associated animal is a "stock-dove", so that could be a typo? Also, I Mather's Goetia and Godwin assign Halphas to the 2nd Decan of Aries, not Libra)

stalkinghyena

Labore et Constantia
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I'm really surprised Crowley or other reference experts never came up with this in study of Gematria of places people and spirits. Well. Better mages ... Way better than I exist and you are definitely one(understatement, I know).
Got pen and paper? Let's get started! Lol!

Reaction score
Awards
Actually. That brings up the question of if i academically or religiously know how to read and write Arabic. Nope.

Reaction score
Awards
But there must be a site with charts for the English speaker who knows the Hebrew and or Greek alphabet

stalkinghyena

Labore et Constantia
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Arabic letters are in 777 and I think in Skinner, but idk how comprehensive they are. I've always had problems with Arabic, though they have like the coolest letters.