• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] Harry Potter syndrome - Get rid of it

Everyone's got one.

Vandheer

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
This thread is not meant to throw shade at people who have been recently posting. I have been observing this for five years now. That being said...

What I refer as Harry Potter syndrome is: Someone essentially thinks the reality is MUCH fancier than it really is.

Its very unlikely that the cramp you are having came from a dark lodge after you. No, your depression doesn't have a supernatural reason behind it. No, the reptilians are not trying to take over your body.

Essential Man is more than what we are seeing when we look into mirror. But there is no denying we are also entombed and enbalmed in these bodies, either.

What I am trying to say here? For the starters, its always good to look for natural causes before seeking the answer in something that is not.

Rational thought is the medicine for paranoia.

Robert Ramsay

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Things like Harry Potter set unreasonable levels of expectations for the magic you will actually be doing when you become a wizard :)

In the words of Bill S. Presten Esq.: "We were heinously lied to by our album covers!"

Reaction score
Awards
You mean other than raising our consciousness to reach and assimilate out higher self, and dissolving and recombining our ego and lower self? That and energy work with breath work and posture training?
Gasp ... You mean I can't shoot fireballs?

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
This thread is not meant to throw shade at people who have been recently posting. I have been observing this for five years now. That being said...

What I refer as Harry Potter syndrome is: Someone essentially thinks the reality is MUCH fancier than it really is.

Its very unlikely that the cramp you are having came from a dark lodge after you. No, your depression doesn't have a supernatural reason behind it. No, the reptilians are not trying to take over your body.

Essential Man is more than what we are seeing when we look into mirror. But there is no denying we are also entombed and enbalmed in these bodies, either.

What I am trying to say here? For the starters, its always good to look for natural causes before seeking the answer in something that is not.

At the end of the day it is rooted in a deep sense of narcissism. To think you are so important in the universe that you are the daily victim of psychic attacks as the reason why you are unemployed and living with your mom is an excellent way to deflect any personal responsibility one would otherwise take.

Vandheer

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Gasp ... You mean I can't shoot fireballs?
You could do that totally sir. In a subtler plane that is. Or with a device in this realm.

Now look I do genuinely believe that there are genuine freaks both from west and east, south too, that can manage unthinkable feats out there, but just think about the sheer ridiculousness of such training to get those feats.

At the end of the day it is rooted in a deep sense of narcissism. To think you are so important in the universe that you are the daily victim of psychic attacks as the reason why you are unemployed and living with your mom is an excellent way to deflect any personal responsibility one would otherwise take.
Gotta be honest, I have been biting myself to not write what you just did on some of those "hey help me" threads. The thought "maybe they are that naive" keeps me away from it.

Pyrokar

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Ah, is this about the 375 year old black magician parasite?
You went pretty hard on that one.
i don't think "those" guys are going to be swayed by the post. if they do any reading before posting at all.
But you shouldn't lose nerves over it, you don't have to be the resident hero and intervene every "plz help" case.
It's a hopeless fight, don't waste precious energy being angry over them.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Perhaps the most important message from the Harry Potter series is: Just looking like a human, does not make you one.

This allows some incarnated in human format to investigate more deeply their true nature

Pyrokar

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Lol.
You're gonna act unaffected?
You exploded on a first time poster, then started a whole thread over it. Chill out
I might not be up to date but i don't recall anyone making you the lord savior,
if you don't like them ignore them, don't berate them.
I certainly don't support those "cosmic" beliefs but it's their right,deal with it, they broke no rules
and if they did, snitch on them.

If im projecting what are you hoping to achieve here? ridicule others? or will the little
proclamation prevent the next one of them to post the same things that got you triggered in the first place

Tiana Silvermoon

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
You know, I believe there must be a balance here. While you definitely shouldn't jump to magical conclusions and solutions as a first step but instead should check your real actions and/or your health first, it's still possible that something is wrong on some other level.
That said, there is no point in being spiritualist/occultist/esoteric/whatever if you don't take nonphysical matters into account at all.

Reaction score
Awards
We should always know our strengths, weaknesses, and limitations and talents.
We should know and understand our natal chart.
We should have self accountability, self responsibility and zero tolerance for B.S.
That said, imma go work on my fireball training.

Tiana Silvermoon

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Oh, and as I do feel like this thread is directed at me despite your disclaimer, I want to say it here since I couldn't yet answer in my own topic due to many replies I want to address: I wanted opinions of people who gather here, just curious to see what you make of it. I didn't ask for advice, help or anything but your opinions on what it could be. Also I didn't say what I think it is, yet you jump to conclusions.

Vandheer

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
You're gonna act unaffected?
It isn't working chief. Are you just gonna go in circles now?

You exploded on a first time poster, then started a whole thread over it. Chill out
I did not start a whole thread over it my guy, I already said this was not about anyone right in my first sentence. But I am guessing you skipped over all of of that so you -the irony- play the hero.

I certainly don't support those "cosmic" beliefs but it's their right,deal with it, they broke no rules
This is the way I talk, I did since I came here. Deal with it.

Oh, and as I do feel like this thread is directed at me despite your disclaimer
No single idea what you are talking about there, sorry. You posted a thread? If I have a problem with someone I just write it on those threads.

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Oh, and as I do feel like this thread is directed at me despite your disclaimer, I want to say it here since I couldn't yet answer in my own topic due to many replies I want to address: I wanted opinions of people who gather here, just curious to see what you make of it. I didn't ask for advice, help or anything but your opinions on what it could be. Also I didn't say what I think it is, yet you jump to conclusions.
Not to be that guy, but wouldn’t the type of person @Vandheer is talking about also think that a post is specifically about them personally?

Reaction score
Awards

This ought to set everyone at rest. If you feel triggered, perhaps we should ask ourselves why.

Yes, I agree. Gallery of Magic books, Words of Power have condensed a lot ... and promised a lot.

Even the cover art is what catches our eye half the time. Modern Magick for example is a condensed The Golden Dawn book, or like Christopher's book, which takes you from Neophyte to Portal in roughly four years.

Hollywood doesn't make it much easier, nor delusional people who've spirit relationships in their head. Example .. The show "Lucifer" came out, and all of a sudden every female has a solid relationship with Lucifer, never mind the actor is handsome, after all Lucifer is one of the more attractive angels.

I'm not dissing peoples beliefs about Lucifer, nor their relationship with him.

Im talking about mass hysteria for lack of a better term, with a bunch of horny people seeing the show, doing a ritual and BAM in a relationship with him in all ways.

If you really piss someone off and they curse you, its not the end of the world, but it will introduce problems. But still ask yourself what mundane or mental issues are occurring and what you've done not only to cause but to also resolve them. Example .. Ive pissed off some black magicians and they could've really offed me up but took mercy on me while teaching me a lesson. I can respect that as Im a hothead.

Still, my housing situation is a direct result of combine neurological, mental issues and laziness. Laziness being key. Being key I dont get to work on time every day, I dont get paid each week, and may be fired, end result no money for rent, no money for rent long enough and Im homeless, good reasons or not, without the laziness, sure Id have a solid case in my opinion as to why.

No neurological or mental issues, pleasant personality, courteous, well mannered and an impeccable work record leading to the same result might be an act of a curse.

Such as the issue someone has with psychiatric drugs and finding street replacements. Are we psychiatrists? No. Are we industrial chemists?No. Are we medical doctors? No. Are we pharmacists? No.

Then why would we question the obvious?

Again, not a diss, but a bad combo going.

Yes. Stated by a paranoid (me).